• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug My Oakfarm1 is not auto-producing logs with a minecart in the chest.

Karsain

Glowing Redstone
I have a minecart in the chest of my Oakfarm1 and it takes the stone axes and doesn't remake them. I still have to maually fill up the farm with logs,

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
1st of all oak farms don't make axes. 2nd, not sure why you have a minecart IN the chest. 3rd, why would you put the material that you make with an oak farm into the oak farm? Not sure if these errors are just typos or if I'm just not seeing something here :p

Karsain

Glowing Redstone
On the Wikipedia and in game it says Oak farms can be automated with minecarts. I assume this means that if you put a minecart in the chest it will create wood but not take the stone axes as reagents. If this is what was intended, it does not work. If this is not what was inteneded, Alator please tell me how to automate my OakFarm1 with a minecart

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
How does automation work exactly? I noticed that minecarts are disabled and that makes it difficult for me to do what I want. Anyone besides the 2 of us know anything?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
How does automation work exactly? I noticed that minecarts are disabled and that makes it difficult for me to do what I want. Anyone besides the 2 of us know anything?
Automation requires
2 Regions that allow the Action
A Rail System connecting the Regions
2 Powered Rails
Minecart With A Chest

What you do is put the Mincart with a Chest inside the Main chest of the Town Region you want to send items from, so if you have a wood Axe farm and you wanna send that to the Oak farm, put the Mincart with a Chest in the Wood Axe Farm. Then using 1 Powered rail inside each region, connect the 2, and hopefully a Mincart With a Chest should spawn and carry the items to each region. It still needs to be booster railed to the other region, but it should carry items into the other region

Karsain

Glowing Redstone
Automation requires
2 Regions that allow the Action
A Rail System connecting the Regions
2 Powered Rails
Minecart With A Chest

What you do is put the Mincart with a Chest inside the Main chest of the Town Region you want to send items from, so if you have a wood Axe farm and you wanna send that to the Oak farm, put the Mincart with a Chest in the Wood Axe Farm. Then using 1 Powered rail inside each region, connect the 2, and hopefully a Mincart With a Chest should spawn and carry the items to each region. It still needs to be booster railed to the other region, but it should carry items into the other region

What is stopping the minecart from taking the regents required to maintain the axe farm, and putting it into the oak farm chest? Basically what I am saying is how often does the minecart move the stuff over, and if it does it more often the the hatchet farm can create them, can you make it so it can only take a certain item?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
What is stopping the minecart from taking the regents required to maintain the axe farm, and putting it into the oak farm chest? Basically what I am saying is how often does the minecart move the stuff over, and if it does it more often the the hatchet farm can create them, can you make it so it can only take a certain item?
Pretty Regularly, about every 5 Seconds + the time it takes to do its rounds. Idk about the last part though. It takes any items the region produces so IDK how to do specific ones

Karsain

Glowing Redstone
Pretty Regularly, about every 5 Seconds + the time it takes to do its rounds. Idk about the last part though. It takes any items the region produces so IDK how to do specific ones
So it wont take the reagents or the input, only what the hatch farm creates? sounds pretty good to me!

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
I would like to reopen this thread as i am trying to do the same thing...

the minecart spawns correctly, however no matter what i try it wont boost to the other side. it just sits where it spawns. im positive im doing something wrong but i honestly dont know. help would be great!

Edit: just for the hell of it i took off all the rails and the minecart spawned without needing the rails. it actually spawned in the middle of 4 blocks. interesting...

Edit 2: The cart also spawns in the same spot regardless of rail placement. This was not caused by my 2 regions being too close together.

Edit 3: Ok so after all is said and done i figured it out... NOW what i can't seem to figure out is how to automate the whole production line like this.... quarry->loggershut->treefarm. i had the 2 minecarts spawning and going each way before but i can't seem to figure out how i did it now

Last edited:

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Ok I can help

First make sure the reegion says it can be automated
as a expample I will show you what I did to automate my acacia farm

create the farm, a cobblequarry and a loggerhut

conect the cobblequarry central chest to the central chest of the loggerhut
I use 1 or 2 power rails activated by a redstone torch or a redstoneblock
put a storage minecraft inside the central chest of the quarry
stay there to check where the cart spawns.
if it spawns on a rail youre almost done... if not rearrange your rail to try to reach the spot where the cart spawn
help your cart by raising 1 block high the rail near the cobble chest so when the cart spawns it falls by the slope and get to the powerrail
dont put the power rail as the first rail where the cart spawns as it seems that It cant pwer the cart and it stays still.
If you place the rails and the cart keeps spawning in another square, place a block in that spot to force to the spot where rail is.

With this you got your loggerhut supplied.
now do the same with the central chest of the loggerhut and the acacia farm.
and you got it. It may help not sure as I did it this ways from the first time... to place the new rail (the one that will take axes to the farm) on the closest side of the loggerhut's chest so the storage minecart will spawn of that rail.

Keep an eye on the automation system as sometimes the loggerhut 's central chest get an axe and leaves no room for the cart to return to the chest stopping automation.

problems you may find:

carts dont move:
raise the rail and create a slope where the cart spawns it helps it to move and reach a powered rail.

carts falling out the end of the rail:
Easy block the end rail

carts move too slow by the rail:
They some times move slowly but it is managed by code so after a few seconds it will dissapear and reapears in the initial chest.