• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mortal Online (Free 2 week trial no cc)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
WARNING: There 'may' be NUDITY on this game including genitals.

Pro's:
First person only
Creative World (you can work hard and get a house made anywhere)
NO TIPS/TUTORIAL
You may see a boobie

Con's:
You can get lost
It is a HARSH world
You may see a penis

http://www.mortalonline.com/

A few of us are playing!

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I did love playing it, it's a fantastic game and has SO much potential, it's the best MMORPG I've ever played (I HATE the generic cookie cutter mmorpg mechanics of WoW, Aion, Rift etc.). It's an entire open ended world where everything (and i mean everything) is left up to players.

The only reason I stopped playing was because I felt it was far too unpolished, there were many derpy/broken mechanics etc, and it really did lack anything for a lone player to do. I love the fact that you're released in the world and left to your own devices, but if MO is to ever get anywhere, it NEEDS a good hand-holding tutorial, not to teach them everything about the game, but to help new players get a grasp on what MO is and isn't, as well as provide some direction early on 'cause the beginning is the part where most potential new players will leave the game.

That said, if it does make a comeback, I'll definitely consider playing it again (I played for a few months after it came out of beta).

TL;DR
MO Developers need to make the game easier to transition to, so that it won't turn people off before they give it a chance, meaning more players, meaning more content. They need to stop focusing on new features for already addicted players and start focusing on getting more people addicted to their game. You can't have a game 100% focused on player content, with a severe lack of players. Upping their community should be #1 priority.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I might try this, but i've been playing a cracked version of the Blade and Soul closed beta. I like blade and soul because it isnt just a spam abilities as fast as possible mmo like WoW and rift. It has a legitimate combo system and you have to proper position yourself to hit your target, dodge also isnt a stat and has to be done manually (which makes pve easier but pvp hard as hell).

The only problem with it at the moment is the fact that inf combo's can be done so pvp is pretty much first person to fuck up once loses, which make assasins and mages nearly invicible since caster is the only real ranged class in the beta (gunner hasnt released yet and casters can also use star wars style force choke) and assasin has gap closers/ stealth attacks. If an assasin sneaks up on you, your dead, nothing else to it. (which i kinda like because it really makes them what they are)

Anyways back on topic, i'll prob download this when i get home today.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Looks interesting. My do more research when I get some free time in a couple weeks.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
That said, if it does make a comeback, I'll definitely consider playing it again (I played for a few months after it came out of beta).

EVE has some form of a tutorial to walk you through the basics, and it's generally not even enough even after a lot of development. MO is brand new in comparison and look how long it took EVE to get a decent tut, so I guess we're all hopeless ;( My first impressions of Mortal weren't that great, though the game may have changed since then.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
EVE has some form of a tutorial to walk you through the basics, and it's generally not even enough even after a lot of development. MO is brand new in comparison and look how long it took EVE to get a decent tut, so I guess we're all hopeless ;( My first impressions of Mortal weren't that great, though the game may have changed since then.
My first impressions were that it's amazing, only after a few weeks of play I realised that there really isn't much to do due to the tiny playerbase, I was in a guild and everything but all that ever really happened was regular wars with the same other guilds every week. Like I said, more players is what MO needs more than anything else, and being noob-friendly is the way to achieve that. EVE didn't really need a decent newbie tutorial that bad, because it was more or less the only major MMO in the "player-run-game" market, MO is in the same market, except pretty much anyone who would be interested is already too hooked on EVE to give it a decent try, so the only real way to get new players would be to turn them from other types of MMO.

JZillifro

Soulsand
Well I'm probably just stupid but whenever I click the free trial button (that might I add says "No credit card required") it makes me buy the game before i get the free trial.

JZillifro

Soulsand
Nevermind I figured it out :p any groups or something that you guys are in that would welcome a noob like me?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just bought the game
Playing on this server as Kainzo

Apherdite
Seyton
Seratt are also playing - if you want a HARDCORE game, hit me up on there

Apherdite

Queen Bee
So, Kainzo and I started playing this game recently.. And mother of God it is so awesome. I think this is the most hardcore game Ive ever played. It's a mix between UO, Vanguard, EQ, and SWG... Pre-cu. Its a really fun game, and some of the featuees we plan to implement are coming from it. That and its a total sandbox... You can do virtually anything... You can steal anything from anyone, murder, you can craft weapons and armor, but there are also protections against murderers and thieves. There are also guilds, where you can be friendly with people, own a keep and defend it from attackers. You can tame and ride horses, and other animals for combat, carrying goods and riding... I have had a blast playing it so far, and just wanted to share it with anyone who may be interested in a seriously hardcore game. :)

Oryinn

Obsidian
WARNING: There 'will' be NUDITY on this game including genitals.

Pro's:
First person only
Creative World (you can work hard and get a house made anywhere)
NO TIPS/TUTORIAL
You 'may' see a boobie

Con's:
You can get lost
It is a HARSH world
You may will see a penis

http://www.mortalonline.com/

A few of us are playing!

Fixed that for you.

This game is wonderful by the way.

Devoshade

Legacy Supporter 7
Its hard to get into any mmo rpg anymore after wow hit ruined chances of any other mmo to last with success in last 9 years dont get me wrong i was a big wow player for 7 years. This game looks good mya check it out, BUT im mainly looking forward to starwars republic online looks so sexy ... and @Kainzo it doesnt have penis's in it lol