• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mod App j2gay

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
1.Minecraft IGN: j2gay
2.Position applying for: Mod
3.Age|Timezone: 32/EST
4.How long have you been on Herocraft?: Since May 24th 2012 about 1 year 7 months
5.Why do you think you would make a good mod?: In my time at Herocraft I have been a Guide, a Proctor, and an Architect. While I no longer hold the positions of Guide or Proctor, I quite often find myself assisting new players in the h and tour channels in the same manner as I once did. It may take me some time to re-familiarize myself with the commands but I am familiar with most, as well as with the rules. I have a generally calm and steady disposition and am unlikely to be influenced by emotion or bias in the implementation of justice. I believe I have developed a reputation within the player base as someone honest and fair. I have tried to help new players and the server through outreach and the building of public works. I have been the mayor of multiple towns which have been famed for their honest and complete neutrality, and their tendency to help new and returning players establish themselves.
6.Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am not nearly as active as I once was, and am aware that this may make me a les than ideal candidate for this position. I play as little as an hour and not usually more than 5 hours during the week, mostly at night. I do tend to be more active on weekends playing any where from 2-10 hrs per day depending on prior commitments and my inclinations. I am not entirely sure I am ready to give up being an MC player to the extent that this position would render necessary. While I have really no care toward leveling or the accumulation of wealth, I do very much enjoy building and consequently my MC playing time is split between the RPG server, the server build projects, and my own projects. While I am not currently, nor do I have any intent to be the mayor of a town, I am very much involved and attached to the building of Atlantis. My reason for applying now is that I have observed a need for more Mods. Having recently seen Mod applications being replied to I am convinced that others see the need as well.
I do not submit to you that if there is a need to be filled, I am the complete solution for I likely am not. I submit only that I am capable of being effectively assistive, and if needed I am at your service.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
There were several people using spanish in the chats this morning, even after being asked to stop repeatedly and informed that it was against the rules. Times like that remind me why I made this app.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There were several people using spanish in the chats this morning, even after being asked to stop repeatedly and informed that it was against the rules. Times like that remind me why I made this app.
I appreciate the application - based on time and the expansion of the Shrine server, we will be looking into some mod apps.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
OK so.. I am not on as much as I used to be. But I am on enough to see people getting away with all kinds of antics that never would have been tolerated in the past. I have seen Ads and the like get spammed for extended periods with no staff to address them. The information in the above app remains true except that I am now 33, have been on HC 2yrs 6 mos, and now basically freelance as a town builder.

As I play now with basically no attachment save the current job I am usually available to dispense justice at a moments notice. I still care very deeply about the future of this server, despite what any recent dissent may imply. Also as a middle manager IRL I am comfortable and familiar with the concept of enforcing rules fairly and evenly whether I agree with them or not.

Before you dismiss this app based on lack of activity, please consider that there are currently few players who are consistently active, and fewer of those have the qualities requisite to the job of mod. I suggest that a new approach may be needed. More moderators playing less in order to provide greater coverage than the few wearing themselves thin.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Bububump bump bump.. I think this one needs a bump.
(To the beat of another one bites the dust)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Happy to see you bump your app, i think we will be promoting more people after map release - right now all staff attention is to releasing on time.