• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Minecraft 1.2.4 - DO NOT UPDATE YET!

pittman789

Iron
NO! Only for everyone so that if you have a town but no smith,then you could build it! But not a smith skill because it puts too many people at disadvantage.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Aff made his(???) points well, but I'm not terribly worried for the short term.

Mojang said:
We will, however, help bukkit to be compatible with 1.2, to avoid having a long gap while you wait for the official Minecraft server to catch up.

And couldn't they arrange to use bukkit's code legally if they had the mind to? They have the leaders on board and whatnot. I wouldn't expect it to be immediate or simple, only possible. Maybe I'm just being naive...?

Beyond all of this, I find that it's very easy to pick out negatives about unfamiliar circumstances, and I still trust Kain with his own server and Mojang with Minecraft.

Reactions: CB

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
NO! Only for everyone so that if you have a town but no smith,then you could build it! But not a smith skill because it puts too many people at disadvantage.
If everybody could build it the server would be fucked. Smiths don't have much going for them and this could be a good skill to make them interesting again.

pittman789

Iron
If everybody could build it the server would be fucked. Smiths don't have much going for them and this could be a good skill to make them interesting again.

Yeah...you're right,but what if warriors could make them,it could help warriors because warriors don't get any skills until lvl 10 and thats taunt -_- Kainzo should add either a new useful skill for warriors or more health because I'm a warrior and I'm tired of being a one hit kill.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Step 1: wait for Bukkit to fully update hooks for plugins to 1.2.2
Step 2: ensure that plugins load/working
Step 3: final tests
Step 4: wait for bukkit to release recommended build
Step 5: wait for cb++ to be updated to the point of use
Step 6: implement to the server and push live.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Step 1: wait for Bukkit to fully update hooks for plugins to 1.2.2
Step 2: ensure that plugins load/working
Step 3: final tests
Step 4: wait for bukkit to release recommended build
Step 5: wait for cb++ to be updated to the point of use
Step 6: implement to the server and push live.

That doesn't sound hard. I expect herocraft running 1.2 by tomorrow. Get to it.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah...you're right,but what if warriors could make them,it could help warriors because warriors don't get any skills until lvl 10 and thats taunt -_- Kainzo should add either a new useful skill for warriors or more health because I'm a warrior and I'm tired of being a one hit kill.
Warriors have the best health and armor out of all the basic classes... There is no reason warrior should get iron golem. Other classes are less well off than warriors

Noah_Ivaldi

Stone
I'm waiting for a mod that lets you "register" these guys to players, so that they defend you as well as standard villagers.

Check out CityGuard. Once it's updated for 1.2, ten bucks* says that it'll have iron golems as an option.

*Disclaimer: This is not an actual bet. If iron golems are not added or not added immediately, I am not responsible for sending anyone $10.

pittman789

Iron
Warriors have the best health and armor out of all the basic classes... There is no reason warrior should get iron golem. Other classes are less well off than warriors

Well in my opinion, warrior sucks, rogue does need something,but warrior needs a good skill to start with as well. I'm on lvl 8 after about a month.