• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence...Final Boss of the year???

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Anybody else get a copy of Metal Gear Rising?

I've been anticipating this game for a long time, and was worried its long dev time would give it a Duke Nukem Forever effect.

I was pleasantly surprised the game was good. It had alot of the little things (themes, settings, comonalities) that metal gear solid games had in common. The biggest difference is the final boss though. I won't spoil anything, but in all metal gear games a sort of unit/squad/group is introduced to you at an early stage with the promise that you will eventually engage each of them in battle. Groups like Foxhound, Dead Cell, Cobra Unit, B&B Corps; the concept is coincidentally similar.

That same concept comes up in Rising, however you end up knocking the whole group out before the final stage of the game. So the final boss ends up being a suprise. This boss is mentioned by the previous bosses but you never know who it actually is, and you might have to play it a second time to understand that they are refering to this guy and not the squad's leader (which was my first assumption).

Long story short, the final boss fight was amazing. He came out of nowhere, but he was given enough time on screen during the final parts of the game to make him both likable as a villian, fun to fight, and satisfying to defeat. I'd recommend this game to anyone, just make sure you don't play it on easy or normal.