• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Maplestory

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I just began wondering - how many - if any - play Maplestory here on Herocraft..? Also, if anyone plays maplestory, where do they play? :)
(Since I'm danish I'm on the european version of maplestory, but if any of you other guys play this, it'd probably be on global :/ boohoo for being european on a game that detects your IP and disallows you to play on their "global"(north american) servers :(

atm. I'm leveling an Angelic Buster on Dementhos on Europe called Drakiith :)
PS. I swear, if anyone here is on the leaderboards, I'll go freaking INSANE.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I boycott all Nexon games. I dislike being forced to play in a specific region, since I have a large amount of american friends.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I boycott all Nexon games. I dislike being forced to play in a specific region, since I have a large amount of american friends.
That's a way to roll. I don't really have that many american friends, so it doesn't hurt me that much

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I started playing it when I was 10 and came back to it a few times. It could never hold my attention. Too grindy for my tastes.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
I kinda stopped playing. I have a Bucc at lvl 149.

Main problem is how ridiculously hard it is to break into the late game. It can have its appeal in that regard, but at the same time I could get that end game by just paying out of my pocket, so that's unappealing.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Aw man, I haven't played MS in a while... I'm basically waiting for Return of Cygnus...

but at the same time I could get that end game by just paying out of my pocket, so that's unappealing.
Wait, what? I haven't encountered a situation where you could -legally- pay money to get there. True, you could buy EXP boosts, but there's also the family-thing so you can get it without cash... I think my Angelic Buster is.. level 136? Dunno.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
Aw man, I haven't played MS in a while... I'm basically waiting for Return of Cygnus...

Wait, what? I haven't encountered a situation where you could -legally- pay money to get there. True, you could buy EXP boosts, but there's also the family-thing so you can get it without cash... I think my Angelic Buster is.. level 136? Dunno.

I didn't mean legally and I wasn't talking about EXP boosts. I mean ridiculous gear that lets you grind harder than other people.

Aiyeris

ICE ICE ICE!
I played it with my boyfriend codeman and got to level 120. Great game but it's P2W as far as my knowledge goes.

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
Played after I had gotten over RS. Had a couple 120+s a hermit and a xbowmaster. I mainly played on global bellocan(sp?) and then something with a z... Zephos? I don't remember. Definately p2W when they put out the meso bag on the cash shop.

Eckhart_

TNT
I kinda stopped playing. I have a Bucc at lvl 149.

Main problem is how ridiculously hard it is to break into the late game. It can have its appeal in that regard, but at the same time I could get that end game by just paying out of my pocket, so that's unappealing.

I totally agree. From level 55-199 there was absolutely no class story-line. Basically if you know people and places you get further.

I played it with my boyfriend codeman and got to level 120. Great game but it's P2W as far as my knowledge goes.

Yeah, the P2W aspect is killing it. Though it's still got one of the best social communities I've ever seen on a game.

On another note, for those of you who care they've added a new level cap... 250 :p. If you do the math level 249-250 is the same amount of exp as level 1-200 32 times. xD

superlode

Legacy Supporter 3
I stopped recently but I do have a 205 xenon and two other 200s.
Honestly, the game's p2w, bossing is nearly impossible without spending 1k+ trying to get good stats on equip and TBH that's mostly a gamble.
It's INCREDIBLY hard to have some good enough equip to even do anything in late game without spending a TON of hours merching or by spending a good amount of money. Another interesting fact is that they recently removed the best equips from the boss drop table making them only available from the Marvel Machine which is basically a gamble again. If interested, I was playing in the alliance GAZED in GMS