• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make towns raidable!

Ruger392

Obsidian
Plain and simple, the pvp server has been going through many changes. One of my favorite changes was allowing res/towns to become raidable by TNT, but wait at least thats what I thought until I quickly figured out you cant really raid anything on the pvp server.
Towns can build ugly walls,domes hell even a tree's on top of cobble in the middle of the ocean. So why not bring back raiding ;).

1. Enforce the old rule where towns MUST look at least decent and not butt ugly on the sole purpose of defending it, Ugly domes, Cobble Walls etc should be removed (Example SilverSpring- Cobble walls with tree walls and a glass dome.

2. Waterfalls around town should just down right be illegal. Now im not saying make the town completely open to anything. Seeing as thick obsidian walls can also prevent raiding but still make it possible!

Possibly going to get a lot of hate on this post but for the love of god, if you dont enjoy being raided or anything of the nature simply go play on the pve server.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
With the coming town changes I don't think this'll be needed. Though nice looking towns is not. I think the issue is TnT explosions need to last longer.

For water bases I recommend building a sand cannon. It's a cannon that shoots TnT and sand together. When tnt explodes inside sand it's counted as a block and explodes. It doesn't remove water but destroys anything around it.

oQJ7YAu.png

Requires 9 repeaters on full delay.

3 TnT and 1 sand per shot. Place 1 tnt on the slab, put sand on top, then 2 tnt in the water directly behind the slab. Works in all 1.7 versions as far as I know.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
With the coming town changes I don't think this'll be needed. Though nice looking towns is not. I think the issue is TnT explosions need to last longer.

For water bases I recommend building a sand cannon. It's a cannon that shoots TnT and sand together. When tnt explodes inside sand it's counted as a block and explodes. It doesn't remove water but destroys anything around it.

oQJ7YAu.png

Requires 9 repeaters on full delay.

3 TnT and 1 sand per shot. Place 1 tnt on the slab, put sand on top, then 2 tnt in the water directly behind the slab. Works in all 1.7 versions as far as I know.
Oh I was under the impression these were illegal, not sure the reason why but I thought that's what I heard.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Oh I was under the impression these were illegal, not sure the reason why but I thought that's what I heard.
they are illegal because it's considered griefing, you can't remove the sand after you shoot it

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Plain and simple, the pvp server has been going through many changes. One of my favorite changes was allowing res/towns to become raidable by TNT, but wait at least thats what I thought until I quickly figured out you cant really raid anything on the pvp server.
Towns can build ugly walls,domes hell even a tree's on top of cobble in the middle of the ocean. So why not bring back raiding ;).

1. Enforce the old rule where towns MUST look at least decent and not butt ugly on the sole purpose of defending it, Ugly domes, Cobble Walls etc should be removed (Example SilverSpring- Cobble walls with tree walls and a glass dome.

2. Waterfalls around town should just down right be illegal. Now im not saying make the town completely open to anything. Seeing as thick obsidian walls can also prevent raiding but still make it possible!

Possibly going to get a lot of hate on this post but for the love of god, if you dont enjoy being raided or anything of the nature simply go play on the pve server.
Counter Argument ENGAGE!

Counter Arguement #1
Err... You say "allowing res/towns to become raidable by TNT" yet you also say "sole purpose of defending it" well, nothing really can defend against TNT as it blows up pratically anything ( Water and you can get around that with some some smarts :3 ) and I even think OBSIDIAN will break after several blasts but then again... any town that does go through this trouble should be raid free anyway.

Counter Arguement #2
You say "towns MUST look at least decent and not butt ugly on the sole purpose of defending it,Ugly domes ... should be removed" well... again, this isn't a concern as Domes are LEGAL, as quote from the WIKI "Towns may have a roof". Sooo... Unless the dome is out of dirt, doesn't fit right, or just looks plain ugly... its fine >.<

Counter Arguement #3
"Waterfalls around town should just down right be illegal" They are illegal..."Walls may not contain large amounts of lava and flowing water" So... you may need to read the rules again and then PE the towns you saw having these waterfalls

Counter Arguement #4
"Towns can build ugly walls,domes hell even a tree's on top of cobble in the middle of the ocean." As a person who lives in this town, I can verify that the wall is not cobble and I believe to be stone brick ( I think there is a little ring of cobble towards the bottem but that is actually meant to be there as we are filling it with mossy cobble to get a sort of Sea mold affect to it ). Also there is no "Dome" as you claimed existed. The town actually does not have a dome as the town as it was build before the Dome rule was updated to have it allowed. It does have a half completed Glass slab that WAS going to be the dome but was repurposed into a platform to work on the tree wall from. Also I believe it to be mostly removed so... your information is 1 month outdated.
2nulgd2.png

Counter Arguement #5
"cant really raid anything on the pvp server" TNT allows you to raid pretty much anything. With TNT you can pretty much raid anywhere... ( I raided a town just for cactus so I know its easy )

Counter Arguement #6
"Possibly going to get a lot of hate on this post" Then why post it? Just for attention?

Counter Arguement #7
"(Example SilverSpring- Cobble walls with tree walls and a glass dome." Please do not bash towns with false information ( I find it funny as you did the same town 2 times ). Silverspring does not have cobble walls ( We do have tree's though. And we Ok'ed it with 3 staff members ) and no glass dome ( As I'm pretty sure it was removed and its not even a dome shape... its a disk )
Edit* Duplacate Picture removed

Also @Ruger392 I would really like to point out that bashing towns ( not just once but twice... and the same exact town ) with false information is both rude and annoying. Please refrain from doing so in the future Ok? :D

Last edited:

Ruger392

Obsidian
1. You can make a town ugly by just covering it in water defeating the purpose of tnt.

2+3. These rules arent being enforced and to counter you future counter argument petitions doesnt get anything done but a "its being monitered"

4-7. Sorry if i offended you it just so happen your town provides the biggest example!

Xhazed

Portal
I wish towns had to be nice like back in bastion and people didnt cry because they lost 2 stacks of sugar cane

Ruger392

Obsidian
Devoted gives me an f-palm because i countered his counter argument :/ All im saying is, pvp is fighting and raiding. Cant raid towns ? takes 50% of the pvp server away from pvpers. If you don twant to get raided theres a pve server and safe haven in spawn plots

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
You are allowed water as long as it looks good, so you can have water in the middle of walls. @devotedworker it shouldn't matter how much work you put in, there should always be a risk of being raided and if you don't like it there is PVE. @SurvivalManZ I have never seen you raid, and your town doesn't even have a region so it's easy to raid. ( Ty for me to V) TNT was useful on the siege map because the only towns built at the edge of their regions and were stupid but on PVP TNT is almost useless unless it's against a personal region

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
You are allowed water as long as it looks good, so you can have water in the middle of walls. @devotedworker it shouldn't matter how much work you put in, there should always be a risk of being raided and if you don't like it there is PVE. @SurvivalManZ I have never seen you raid, and your town doesn't even have a region so it's easy to raid. ( Ty for me to V) TNT was useful on the siege map because the only towns built at the edge of their regions and were stupid but on PVP TNT is almost useless unless it's against a personal region
I was making a Joke XD Even with walls 100 blocks high with obsidian someone can STILL can just pillar up. If you can't get into a town with either Pillaring or TNT then we have an issue. :D

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!

Wait a minute.. When did I get put into this conversation... XP

But yea, I rarely raid, and when I do, it's usually just me or another guy tracking a certain person down and killing them. Or finding peoples bases by accident.

On the subject of regions, the only reason I don't raid/my base is so easy to raid is because I'm working so hard on getting the money/items to get them.

xMJay

Portal
No town is better looking than LeBron_James @Xhazed our flowers were griefed when some noobs tried raiding us

Blackpatcher

Stone
I don't see any issue with Silverspring to be honest. It doesn't look that bad and from what I could see would be easy to raid if I could be bothered.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Bring Back Bastion rules honestly.... Towns are UnRaidable, Your Are Allowed Water in Your Walls as long as its not horrible looking, Domes are stupid so are walls that are 200000000000000 blocks high

Xhazed

Portal
Most peps disagree with ruger cause mostly only pvers play if they are pvpers then its those that cant handle to 1v1 a lostsoul