• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lore-Master's App: MsGigi

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Minecraft IGN: Msgigi
2. Position applying for: Loremasters
3.Age|Timezone: 19 | EST
4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: 4 1/2 Months (Since April 24th)
5. Why do you think you would make a good Loremaster?: I have tons of new ideas for quests and story-lines and I'm currently scripting the 6th quest I've created after just learning how to do scripting. So far, most of my quests that I'm working on are for NPC's that basically help the users learn about each class, starting with the profession classes. I also have an idea for possible "achievements" for the server that could give off rare and unusual rewards like unique titles, special abilities in chat, and other nifty things.
6. Link to a piece of work you have done (lorewise)! The only real thing I have aside from the official scripts is this pirate pad with my quest ideas that I ran by Danda. http://piratepad.net/6550pt7dwA If someone would like to see the actual scripts, I can link them.
7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: If there is another type of piece you are looking for, I can also supply basically anything needed, including a picture of a paper I wrote in which I got a 110 on from a Professor who only gave out 3-5 A's per semester in college and told me I was too advanced for his class (even though I was a Junior in Highschool). ^.^

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hello! Currently, the assignment of Loremaster is being shifted slightly to focus on quests. Specifically, we need storylines with dialogue that are more than just a "kill 10 rats" series of quests. Do you feel you are able to work on multiple quests/storylines and actually complete them? Can you make a short example for me? You don't need to actually write the code script, but please make a small quest chain that includes dialog, and has a purpose/story behind it. In the future, especially when the Adventure Map project starts up again, we'll need lots and lots of these. Thanks!

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
@Alator: Yeah, I can do that. What I've been trying to do with the quest lines is create a small story-line for each NPC.

So far, the one I'm about to give to Danda is a questline for the smith. Essentially, the Smith claims to have forgotten his coal and needs the player to go mine him some more. Later on, the quests hint of him being a pretty bad smith, later needing the player to get iron, diamonds and then craft the smith a diamond sword. The player then has to deliver the diamond sword they created to the Enchanter which cues the Enchanter quest-line. It's just a small quest-line with some humor in it to make the player giggle inside.

I have another idea for a quest-line for a researcher who is studying the previous civilizations of whom created the temples that we're slightly familiar with on Herocraft (Desert and Jungle Temples). In this quest, the professor needs a few things that are often found in the temples to study. In the final few parts of the quest, the player has to go to a temple that was "recently discovered" and explore the newly found temple. They then have to survive and retrieve a "sacred artifact" from the temple for the researcher to study without dying from the traps set in the temple. This then leads to the end of the quest-line and grants the player a charming reward.

I'll PM you with the Details of the quest so that it doesn't spoil anything for the other users who may be lurking. ^.^

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Hello! Just informing you I am putting you on retainer. We don't have a need of the Lore team just, but when we do I'll be kick-starting it up and letting you know.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Completely forgot about this application.

Due to many things going on in my life, I may not exactly be able to take on this position right now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make every Saturday's meeting because my work schedule never has a set schedule and until things are better in my current situation, I can't really afford to pass up a work day all the time.

Unless there's an alternative that you guys are okay with on that part, I'd like to temporarily revoke my application.
I'm still totally up for throwing you guys some storyline ideas for quests and such if you need any. The scripting, however, I'll need to relearn if you'd like help with that.

Alator

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
That's okay Gigi! Just keep me in the loop :)

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
Will do. Actually have been working on posting my new application on here but I'm having some strange issues with the forums reply box so trying to properly format it on word first. It keeps making letters appear and disappear and screwing up the formatting with the bullets and the spacing and changing the colors randomly. x.x

I'll post my new app on here as a spoiler for the future.