• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Looking for Developers and Builders

Xenmai

Stone
Ok, just saw it. Also noticed it says Citizens/Denizen. Do you plan on adding them alongside a questing plugin that supports them (such as Quests, or soon, Quester)? Or your idea is to code such questing plugin from scratch?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ok, just saw it. Also noticed it says Citizens/Denizen. Do you plan on adding them alongside a questing plugin that supports them (such as Quests, or soon, Quester)? Or your idea is to code such questing plugin from scratch?
Coding from scratch probably isnt a great idea. Do you know of a good plugin? I'm not familiar with quester

Xenmai

Stone
I started using one called Quests a while ago, but soon switched to Quester, as it has some more features that I needed to avoid exploits. I've been talking with its Dev and he plans on adding even more things so I believe that once he does it, you will be able to implement with Quester almost any quest you can think of. He usually answers questions no more than 30 minutes after they are posted, so you might want to contact him. (This is the plugin page: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/quester/). If you feel like it, you can also look up the other option, which has already implemented Heroes support: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/quests/. Just as I said, Quester has given me less problems and they plan on adding Heroes support soon, but I don't know how much time do you have left until you release the Adventure Map. Try to take a look on both plugins and send me a PM if you need anything. I also hope you understand my english well :p
Edit: I forgot it but Quests already supports Denizen scripting as well. Quester will do once Denizen 0.8 is out, I've read on the page. Both plugins focus on Citizens, though quests via signs still work.
Second Edit: Both plugins allow you to develop quests directly ingame, without having to reload the whole server, but I recommend having access to the code files while doing it in order to fix small errors. If you want to fix such errors ingame you would probably have to delete the quest and make it again xD
Third edit: Anyways, I'm taking a look at Denizen's options and it is more than enough to create quests (with Citizens and Sentry), just more complicated.

Last edited:

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4

I know quester quite well, and it's by my knowledge, a very complete and versatile plugin. Ragan69, the plugin's creator is quite the little coder, he coded the plugin to be able to interact with the majority of plugins there are.

This guide, approved by ragan and linked on his plugins' page was written by myself and explains how the version 0.63 works. The plugin is now in 0.7, so on some things, but not many, it's a bit outdated, it's still contains valuable information that might help you consider quester as your questing plugin.

Also, I've experience with it, and with standardized text formatting for writing up quests that fit multiplayer, if you're looking for staff for the developping of the quests, I can help. As Xenmai said, denizens can make quests but is more complex, quester is made for complex storytelling and is incredibly easy to use, in my opinion.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-TYxWh8WaJ6eWlGUl9sb3c3c2M/edit

A little bit about this guide: it was written for the training of the staff of the server I used to be head content director for, so it mostly addresses the people there, and sometimes reference the server by name, I really don't mean for this post to be advertisement for it. That server isn't open, but it's standards for RP and the RPG feel are basically similar to HC's.

If you'd like to ask me questions about the plugin, don't hesistate to PM, or to ask me IG.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd be interested in helping with building aesthetics, redstone, etc. Building has, and always will be my forte. I'll keep an eye out for the official application, but also please feel free to contact me in game, Kainzo. Cheers!

Kankardan

TNT
Always willing to help bud grandiose structures with attention to detail. If given a project I will see it through

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
If I could get on right now, Kainzo I'd be all in on this. I was planning on applying for architect once I had completed my town, but it may have to wait 2 and a half months...

Now I'm depressed... :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We need all the help we can get on almost all fronts. This is a massive undertaking - the coding on the back end is getting done, which is great :)

Shasta

Dirt
i am pretty good at building rustic themed stables, houses, farms, taverns, inns or whatever but i am very good at building nature such as trees or gardens etc. i have helped the realms of avalon server build some of their forests and such