• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Looking for Developers and Builders

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Application for In Game Mechanics (Redstone, Architect, Commandblocks)

IGN: dragonzero39
Age/Area: Idaho 18
How long have you been with Herocraft?: 2.5 years
Whats your experience level?: I've worked on a private project for over 6 months now, featuring hundreds of command blocks and thousands of blocks of redstone. The work includes generated dialogues between players and NPC's driven by the CB's; Sequencing events; player detection effects, customized sound traps and potion effects, and much more.

I'm always available to talk on Skype, TS3, or the IRC Chat.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please note - this is for the Adventure map+ not for the current map. The adventure map is an ADDITION world/server to the current server.

It will change the game again :)

Moralsk

Gold
Wish I could help with dev, if only I knew Java and not just C++. I think I'll start picking up on Java studies again however. I'll probably apply for dev some time in the future.

Hey count me in. Just send confirmation I'm aloud to build stuff cause I'm a okay building designer and full of detail

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I remember there used to be language in this post (or maybe it was a different post) along the lines of: "We want devs, but we won't train you." I would really love to be a dev, and I like programming and have an Electrical Engineering degree, but I just don't know the first place to start when it comes to developing mods for Minecraft. I could spend a bunch of time watching Youtube videos and reading guides, but I want to learn information that is directly relevant to the needs of Herocraft, and I don't want to waste a bunch of time. If you want help, I'd love to give it, but I need a little help first.

tl;dr
Is: "We want devs, but we won't train you," still the attitude?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I remember there used to be language in this post (or maybe it was a different post) along the lines of: "We want devs, but we won't train you." I would really love to be a dev, and I like programming and have an Electrical Engineering degree, but I just don't know the first place to start when it comes to developing mods for Minecraft. I could spend a bunch of time watching Youtube videos and reading guides, but I want to learn information that is directly relevant to the needs of Herocraft, and I don't want to waste a bunch of time. If you want help, I'd love to give it, but I need a little help first.

tl;dr
Is: "We want devs, but we won't train you," still the attitude?
The first place to start is the Bukkit-plugin creation stuff. Just google it - it's all over.

Join #heroes on esper.net - we'll answer most questions you have if someone is around - but we don't have time to hand hold all day unfortunately.

Xenmai

Stone
Nice! Then I'll keep an eye on this thread because I would like to help with them.