• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Looking for Developers and Builders

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
http://hc.to/devs

sitelogo.png

The amazing team that brings you Heroes, Herochat, Vault, EcoCreature, MobRider, and many many more is now seeking skilled builders and developers for a massive project!

About us:
Herocraft Online started on Oct. 1st 2010, back in hMod, long before Bukkit was even an idea. Our goal has been to bring something new and fun to the table for the Minecraft world. Our primary focus has been the RPG side of Minecraft and hope to continue this with up coming changes!

We are performing a massive push for new game-changing content and need assistance from the community! There are several things on our plate. We're looking at launching a complete and encompassing "Adventure" expansion to our base server and lobby at mc.herocraftonline.com. We are already well underway with a new attribute system and in planning with a dynamic mob-spawning, dungeon and boss mob system.
We're also on the market to bring out new mini-games for our lobby for players to enjoy. Here's a short list of things on our plate!
  • Adventure Map
    • Build various starting cities and points of interest
    • 4 to 5 race cities (Elf/Dwarf/Human, etc) spread across massive areas.
    • Beginner and extended tutorial area
    • Various schematics to be used in auto-generation of maps using Terrain Gen plugin
  • Adventure Plugins
    • Custom Items & Weapon types
    • Custom Mobs/Bosses
    • Custom Mount plugin
    • Races
    • Attributes
    • Quest Integration (Citizen/Denizen writers)
    • Karma (revamp)
  • Mini-Games
    • Build arenas and other areas for mini-game competitions
    • Integrate Heroes with Popular Games
    • Create new 'mini-game', similar to CTF/Prison/Domination
    • Integrate stats to website
  • Website
    • Re-design template
    • Integrate working stats with all servers
    • Portal page and Single-Sign on locations
    • Store/Shop redesign for seamless integration

FAQs:
What do developers get?
Developers will be getting max-donation ranks (Valued $150+) and in-game titles, as well as great experience working with an ever-changing, on the bleeding edge development team. Donation ranks spread across all of our servers and up and coming servers for Minecraft.

What do builders get?
Builders will be getting a spot on our Creative server (creative.hc.to), in-game titles, as well as great experience working with some of the best builders around! Your name will be immortalized on the builds that you create that will be shown to thousands of players!

How large is the userbase for Herocraft?
We've had over 150,000 unique log-ins with 3 years of up time and going strong! We anticipate much higher capacity when the lobby network is finalized and we begin advertising.

How do you communicate?
We believe communication is a very important part of any team or project. We are primarily on IRC @ #Heroes on esper.net, but also have a teamspeak3 server with dev-only channels and private forums for in-depth discussions.

How do I apply?
Fill out the application in the spoiler below and if you don't want to publicly state your application, feel free to PM us directly.

Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Dev/Builder App - {Your-Name}"

You can copy and paste the below for Developers
  1. Minecraft Name / age / Timezone:
  2. Position applying for: Coding Team
  3. How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
  4. Have you played on Herocraft? if so for how long?:
  5. What is your level of Java experience?:
  6. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed:
  7. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

You can copy and paste the below for Builders
  1. Minecraft Name / age / Timezone:
  2. Position applying for: Builders
  3. How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
  4. Have you played on Herocraft? if so for how long?:
  5. Have you assisted any other server/build team, if so who?:
  6. Please include any previous work/creations you may have directly created:
  7. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

Last edited:

clwusmc

Legacy Supporter 6
Really, all summer free and this comes up at the start of a new school year?!

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I'll be willing to make redstone contraptions for this Adventure map I keep hearing about. As for aesthetic buildings, count me out, it has never been my forte.
STD's is like the evil @xpeterc1
Peter used his Redstone skills for good, STD's only for mayhem and pain!

Though, @Kainzo I'd have to say STD's is as talented at Redstone as Peter was (who got architect purely off redstone abilities).

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
If you're looking for someone to design adventure map stuff, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Making boss monsters is always fun for me, along with designing areas. Heavy amounts of Super Hostile has gotten me pretty good at that.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I think I heard somewhere that the "Adventure" map was just PvE instead of PvP? Though of course I didn't hear anything about it being a sandbox map, or an actual adventure map... though I believe it would be weird as an adventure map if it was the only PvE map, but if there was another one.. hrmmmmmmmmm

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
It'd likely be PvE, however, were it up to me, it'd be made for a party of multiple people offering a significant challenge over the usual PvE encounters. That's probably the current idea behind it, anyways.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
It'd likely be PvE, however, were it up to me, it'd be made for a party of multiple people offering a significant challenge over the usual PvE encounters. That's probably the current idea behind it, anyways.
If I can move about without the fear of being attacked, I wouldn't mind playing HC

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'll be willing to make redstone contraptions for this Adventure map I keep hearing about. As for aesthetic buildings, count me out, it has never been my forte.
You're a lot like me then
Death traps and mechanics are my forte =p

STD's is like the evil @xpeterc1
Peter used his Redstone skills for good, STD's only for mayhem and pain!

Though, @Kainzo I'd have to say STD's is as talented at Redstone as Peter was (who got architect purely off redstone abilities).
Not to say he can't but I've not seen STD build anything close to what I've seen Peter do. I've seen Peter build those stupidly big Redstone computers.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Not to say he can't but I've not seen STD build anything close to what I've seen Peter do. I've seen Peter build those stupidly big Redstone computers.
Yes well, Peter had the patients of a god. I think if STD wanted to sit down and do something big and fancy he could, but he'd rather blow people up, ya know? XD

... I want Peter back ;-;