• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Local Thunder

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/local-thunder/

The title says it all... If we are not already using this plugin we should be. This plugin configures at what radius you hear the thunder from a lightning strike. Some days is seems like a constant roll of thunder is playing in the background from all the wizards and other classes casting lightning or some variant there of. If we are already using this then I must be surrounded by aforementioned classes but can not see them, in which case please reduce the radius at which we can hear the thunder.

Edited for grammar

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
@FuzyLogick - is your IGN = agedbear?
This is something that can be done with spigot API now. @0xNaomi was sorting through it but im not sure where we were on that.
I recall not finding it in .spigot() and looking at the patch revealed it seemed incomplete.
Not sure what the case is now, though.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
@FuzyLogick - is your IGN = agedbear?
This is something that can be done with spigot API now. @0xNaomi was sorting through it but im not sure where we were on that.
Adding this here for double post clarification goodness:
Spigot has an API for silent lightning, but if for some reason we want the sound we can play it through normal bukkit API to NOT the entire world.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Adding this here for double post clarification goodness:
Spigot has an API for silent lightning, but if for some reason we want the sound we can play it through normal bukkit API to NOT the entire world.
Silent lightning sounds fine to me, imo. We can play our own "boom" sound - that should suffice.