• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

learning to be an engineer

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I hope to make this thread a place for those who are learning the art of engineering to be able to come and learn and ask questions... well see how this goes.

first off though a question of my own.

Can lifts be set up so that specific player groups are sent to a particular destination? IE using 1 lift sign to go to multiple floor depending on who uses it, much like how subregions work for player groups in a town

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I hope to make this thread a place for those who are learning the art of engineering to be able to come and learn and ask questions... well see how this goes.

first off though a question of my own.

Can lifts be set up so that specific player groups are sent to a particular destination? IE using 1 lift sign to go to multiple floor depending on who uses it, much like how subregions work for player groups in a town
No

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
The lift sign itself, no.

But you could use a combination of a button activated lift sign and a player detector filter circuit to accomplish this.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
The lift sign itself, no.

But you could use a combination of a button activated lift sign and a player detector filter circuit to accomplish this.
Yes but omg lag if you have more than a few players

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Yes but omg lag if you have more than a few players

Don't use the self-triggered version, silly! If you are using a button, you can use the default sign, which is rising edge triggered. Hence, it only runs its code -- once -- when the button is pressed.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes but it still has to run through a separate ic for each player when you hit the button

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Very true! But that's the price you pay for having friends.

I just wish the g: descriptor worked as well as the p: one. :(

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
group modifier by town would be amaaaazing. I've stated that before in a post. It could be done but would take alot of fixes to numerous plugins..