• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Is Townships ready for release?

Do we need more test cycles for townships?

• No, release it to live.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes, we need more testing.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
So what do you guys think is townships ready for release or should we have more testing / tweaking ?

Bugs we've found while playing on siege:
- Hospitals not working ( heal working now, HP bar update not working).
- Building that only require furnaces and not burning furnace bugged while you smelt something in that furnace.
- Profession specific building missing (Library)
- Outposts can't be created (Fixed)
- Siege Cannons can't be created (Fixed)
- Warehouse not working (Presumably Fixed now, can't confirm)
- Buildings not recognizing custom items as inputs (ex: soulgemcutter taking any base item lapis as input, Fixed)
- 120 limit on factories in metropolis.

Personal opinions:
- Building requirements unbalanced. (for ex Hospital vs Graveyard) (1200 wool , 676 wool/carpet for hospital)
- Being part of multiple towns is an issue. (this warrants a thread on its own)
- Towns to hard to destroy:
- Takes 41h 26m of constant siege cannon fire (from 2 siege cannons) to take down a hamlet with no opposition and no extra power generating structure (676 tnt 676 coal and 2704 redstone consumed by the siege cannons + mats for reagents and buildings + 1250 souls). Cost of a hamlet ( 2650 souls + mats for buildings).
- I believe the way they are now outposts will be just a tool to remove inactive towns.
- Soul Crafting buildings provide too little each day to make them relevant ( considering you also have to trade for one of the mats).
- Many bland buildings: profession buildings, (dirt cobble sand gravel snow) quarries, soul shard buildings (Many names for the same building with the only difference being how stackable the items created are), factories (here I hear more are supposed to be added).

There's still a lot of features that have not been tested. ( I still can't figure out what a marketplace is)

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
From What I've seen (But I got banned so Im just going off of when I wasn't banned) Townships is faaar like really fuckin far from being releasable

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
So what do you guys think is townships ready for release or should we have more testing / tweaking ?

Bugs we've found while playing on siege:
- Building that only require furnaces and not burning furnace bugged while you smelt something in that furnace.
- Outposts can't be created (Fixed)
- Siege Cannons can't be created (Fixed)
- Warehouse not working (Presumably Fixed now, can't confirm)
- Buildings not recognizing custom items as inputs (ex: soulgemcutter taking any base item lapis as input, Fixed)

Personal opinions:
- Building requirements unbalanced. (for ex Hospital vs Graveyard) (1200 wool , 676 wool/carpet for hospital)
- Takes 41h 26m of constant siege cannon fire (from 2 siege cannons) to take down a hamlet with no opposition and no extra power generating structure (676 tnt 676 coal and 2704 redstone consumed by the siege cannons + mats for reagents and buildings + 1250 souls). Cost of a hamlet ( 2650 souls + mats for buildings).
- I believe the way they are now outposts will be just a tool to remove inactive towns.
- Soul Crafting buildings provide too little each day to make them relevant ( considering you also have to trade for one of the mats).
- Many bland buildings: profession buildings, (dirt cobble sand gravel snow) quarries, soul shard buildings (Many names for the same building with the only difference being how stackable the items created are), factories (here I hear more are supposed to be added).

There's still a lot of features that have not been tested. ( I still can't figure out what a marketplace is)

That actually has nothing to do with the code very much. Someone who made the config file forgot to add burning furnace as a possible requirement. It was fixed last test. The config just needed to be updated.

This had to do with the permissions not being 100% setup correctly. Nothing to do with Townships 3.0

Those are not bland buildings. Read up more on Townships 3.0 in the wiki. Certain buildings are not allowed in certain biomes and soul shards are profession based buildings. Towns have different options for their town and they have to choose what path they will take. Every town will be different.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
@MariusAbyssal, I do admit looking at some of the points you brought up, ( Like that hospital thing ) there may be room for change, but lets see what issues come up after release... unless its a major exploit, I think releasing it now and bug fixing it later may be a better option atm :D k?
@Phoenix_Frenzy You answered while I was typing mine XD Hahah!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@MariusAbyssal, I do admit looking at some of the points you brought up, ( Like that hospital thing ) there may be room for change, but lets see what issues come up after release... unless its a major exploit, I think releasing it now and bug fixing it later may be a better option atm :D k?
@Phoenix_Frenzy You answered while I was typing mine XD Hahah!
no that's why Herocraft is in a problem now, they try and release unfinished things that then are left in the dust for new things. DO NOT RELEASE THIS UNTIL IT IS FINISHED. I cannot stress this enough.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
A town shouldn't be easy to destroy especially if you can do it while nobody is on, yea I know some people are cowards and would like to blow up another town with no resistance but that shouldn't happen. I know I can't be on all the time because I have other things like hockey and school but to come back and have your town gone is just stupid. This should offer the possibility of destroying a town so when you go to kill someone they cant just sit in their town without a risk.
@MariusAbyssal if you are really complaining about wool then there is something wrong, I went through much much more than 1200 wool mastering farmer on Bastion and Haven then started shearing sheep when I got bored because it gave me something to do. The building costs are fine.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5

So, I know it's only been a week-end but I've done a lot of this already.

-
Fixed
-
Which ones? I'll fix them in 2 seconds
-
Fixed
- Warehouse not working
-
Fixed
-
Fixed

-
What it doesn't have in materials, it makes up for in costs. Balance team needs to go through these
- Working as intended
-
Good?
-
The time it takes to destroy a town should be high. That time helps to offset the cost of siegecannons. If a town lets siegecannons sit outside of the town for more than a day or two, then they deserve to take serious damage to their power.
-
Best to be on the safe side, but I did calculate the time and costs for destroying towns. It's not supposed to happen over the course of less than 3 days.
-
You could be right, but that's an easy thing for balance to figure out
-
I'm really happy that warehouses work now so that all of these buildings are now useful. Warehouses distribute items to the regions that need them. All you have to do is connect minecart rail to the warehouse from your "bland" buildings and you have an automatic machine.

I appreciate the concerns, but most of them are very small. Bugs are not what's holding T3.0 back. Features we need like teleporters... ya just teleporters really... are holding us back.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!

That actually has nothing to do with the code very much. Someone who made the config file forgot to add burning furnace as a possible requirement. It was fixed last test. The config just needed to be updated.

>.< whoops, looks like this apprentice scripter failed to pick up on a few things...

However! As much as I want to see this plugin live I do feel that much of what we wanted tested we were unable to get done. I believe that a small group of dedicated testers are needed to fully bug check every structure and make sure that they all work as intended before this is released to live. cost/power balance issues are a concern as well and should be addressed as much as possible before release, however those are a minor fix and easily adjusted if necessary after the fact.

*edit* Also people please bear in mind @Multitallented and @Phoenix_Frenzy are not balance people. they are simply writing the code. Our own resident economists and balance team needs to be looking at these costs.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
>.< whoops, looks like this apprentice scripter failed to pick up on a few things...

However! As much as I want to see this plugin live I do feel that much of what we wanted tested we were unable to get done. I believe that a small group of dedicated testers are needed to fully bug check every structure and make sure that they all work as intended before this is released to live. cost/power balance issues are a concern as well and should be addressed as much as possible before release, however those are a minor fix and easily adjusted if necessary after the fact.

*edit* Also people please bear in mind @Multitallented and @Phoenix_Frenzy are not balance people. they are simply writing the code. Our own resident economists and balance team needs to be looking at these costs.

Exactly my point I think the most important topic in my list of personal concerns is the last one :

I don't see why it would be a problem to keep pushing the latest versions to siege and have us test, maybe we can have a thread dedicated to reporting bugs related to township 3.0, I'd like to believe that there are people on the server that care enough to test without the need of incentives through souls/keys.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Exactly my point I think the most important topic in my list of personal concerns is the last one :

I don't see why it would be a problem to keep pushing the latest versions to siege and have us test, maybe we can have a thread dedicated to reporting bugs related to township 3.0, I'd like to believe that there are people on the server that care enough to test without the need of incentives through souls/keys.
That would be nice.

Just because I haven't put a non-essential region in, doesn't mean we should hold up everything. Marketplaces are going to be structures with chest shops inside that get sorted and stocked automatically from items in the center chest.

There are a whole horde of ideas I've had for T3.0 that haven't been put in. Let me take a sec to list some of them:
- Make structures sellable with a command. Buyers receive ownership upon purchase.
- Make structures with rare valuable output
- Jails that hold raiders for a certain amount of time after they die in town
- Tradeports that teleport items to other regions
- Animal farms
- Shrines for granting heroes buffs, exp, or debuffs
- TNT Cannons that override town protections but can't destroy regions
- Artillery TNT Cannons
- Radar towers
- Plague warfare
- Traps
- Potion turrets
- Lawful/Chaotic or Good/Evil towns
- Branching town tiers
- Kingdoms
- Post offices
- Banks
- Power grids
- Drills
- Theaters
- Arenas
- and many more

Honestly we have one or two things to add along with balance and testing (which I have been doing this whole time). Currently in testing I have:
- Power Capacitors
- Mayor/Player Transient permissions in town
- Admin command overrides for addmember
- Hospitals
- Town mob spawn protections
- All ring destruction (opposed to just the outer ring) when town is destroyed

Currently in development:
- Raidporters
- Delayed town disable on sabotage and bankruptcy (24 hour grace period)
- Enderpearl protections

Fun Projects on the side in development:
- Potion turrets
- Item Duplicators
- Jails

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah there are still a lot of stuff that ARE implemented and not tested though.

What I meant by bland building is buildings that either work exactly the same ( although with different profession or biome requirements ).
I liked your solution to the armory for making them more varied.
I don't know what can be done about the soul buildings though I feel like there's sooo many of them without bringing anything meaningful to the table.

For the quarries I feel like the ones that are currently in aren't that appealing and I would suggest a bit of variation at least in the materials they produce (ex: A marble quary that gives you blocks of quartz , maybe make this more expensive with some blocks of quartz as requirement and can only be built in extreme hills; Redsand, Clay, Ice and or Packed Ice)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I like the idea of Evil good and whatever towns because it would remind me of karma (bring back karma plz) but do NOT put jails in.