• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Idea for townships :).

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
So here is my idea for townships when ever you rank up town levels, ex hamlet -> town, you get certain perks as it was this way on sanctum I believe.

EX:

Hamlet : 100x100 region, nothing more
Town: 150x150 region, access to DHX
City: 200x200 region, gets a railway from DG to it
Capital: 300x300 region, gets ability to turn off pvp [ Maybe just a town hall] (idk about this one... just an idea from barnubus)

Kingdom: 2 hamlets + & capital, 50-100 blocks within each other (I think?) They get pylons, extending region out 50 blocks in all directions. Kingdoms should maybe get a herogate to them, or a higher DHX price.

Empire: Unobtainable.

@_Maxo @Digger360 @Symbolite @GreekCrackShot @atvrider312 @Aburrido_burrito @Aburrido_burrito @Dwarfers @Acherous @Guardian787 @xexorian

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
What I think would be even better is that instead of towns getting perks when they upgrade, they get them as rewards through competitions and events.
Build competitions, PvP tournaments, races, anything!
However, the perk would only be temporary, two weeks or so, then there would be another competition or event for that perk.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I would prefer, like Jonsoon has said, for townships to get these perks as a temporary bonus. To be honest, railways and such can already be made by the players, and getting a free one would be unnecessary. As for a non-pvp townhall, I like that idea, and I wish it would come back as a permanent bonus, maybe only ''achieved'' through competition.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
It would take some time to build a railway from DG if the town is like maybe 2700 blocks away, I do recall a town I think in Sanctum that made their own railway. :\ I don't know about this for towns, my answer is yes and no. :eek:

Edit: I fixed time to town, I don't even know why I said time instead of town. xD Probably was thinking it would take a long time...

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It would take some time to build a railway from DG if the town is like maybe 2700 blocks away, I do recall a town I think in Sanctum that made their own railway. :\ I don't know about this for towns, my answer is yes and no. :eek:

Edit: I fixed time to town, I don't even know why I said time instead of town. xD Probably was thinking it would take a long time...

It is the leader's fault if they built the town so far away. People used to make rails to spawn in Zeal and Sanctum, even if they were far away. Some made rails to the closest Herogate.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Great idea, and very much needed.
Many townships are slowly decaying, towns and the community overall is extremely spread out in small and scarcely townships. The number of kingdoms are low, people keeps making hamlets, and leave them a month later. Townships needs something that encourages people to expand, build, and to make the herocraftians to gather in cities once more, like in the old times. <3

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I just feel there needs to be more incentive to rank up your town, IMO 15k isn't worth the small area added by upgrading lol

The rewards/perks you are suggesting are to extreme. They just help townships too much. Towns pay their money in order to expand their region, that's all. 50 extra blocks is a lot of space, believe it or not.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Great idea, and very much needed.
Many townshits are slowly decaying, towns and the community overall is extremely spread out in small and scarcely townships. The number of kingdoms are low, people keeps making hamlets, and leave them a month later. Townships needs something that encourages people to expand, build, and to make the herocraftians to gather in cities once more, like in the old times. <3

To me, preventing a towns from dying should be up to the community, not for the staff to offer free perks which could easily be made by the players. Things such as rails could/have been created by players before, so why should this be a perk given to towns?

I must agree, though, there should be a few things available for upgrading towns. Non-PvP regions at a town hall is a good idea, much like it was in Zeal. The region should be small, though, like it used to be.

Overall, I like the idea of perks, but provided that they are things that can not be offered/created by the player base.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
To me, preventing a towns from dying should be up to the community, not for the staff to offer free perks which could easily be made by the players. Things such as rails could/have been created by players before, so why should this be a perk given to towns?

I must agree, though, there should be a few things available for upgrading towns. Non-PvP regions at a town hall is a good idea, much like it was in Zeal. The region should be small, though, like it used to be.

Overall, I like the idea of perks, but provided that they are things that can not be offered/created by the player base.
Don't get hung up in the examples, they are just random examples. It's the general idea I agree with.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
The rewards/perks you are suggesting are to extreme. They just help townships too much. Towns pay their money in order to expand their region, that's all. 50 extra blocks is a lot of space, believe it or not.

yes it is, the trade off is higher taxs per week which most people are unwilling to pay.The one perk i really really agreed with was DHX access the township+

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I honestly don't see a problem with the current system but that could be because this is the first map I have been on in Herocraft.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would be more fun to play if the Kingdom cost was much lowered, this would provide more incentives to group together, and form a larger player base more early on in the map, rather than waiting 4+ months in for ANYONE to get kingdom.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think it would be more fun to play if the Kingdom cost was much lowered, this would provide more incentives to group together, and form a larger player base more early on in the map, rather than waiting 4+ months in for ANYONE to get kingdom.

It has been stated a lot, this point. To decrease kingdom costs would have to come with something to balence it, though. Someone suggested higher maintence/observation from staff on towns in Kingdoms, making sure they are actually active and have not just ''joined'' the kingdom, ect ect.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Lower Kingdom costs, increase hamlet costs, cap townships.

As for how to cap townships? Don't let anymore get created, let the ones that are dying die off. You'd be surprised how little that leaves you.