• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How To - Not be a Noob v2

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
@Mischevity wrote the original guide located, here I decided to take it upon myself to add / remove / modify this guide to be more appropriate in my perspective as a long standing Veteran. This by no means suggests his is wrong or mine is right. Good luck, Newbies!

The NOOB Guide!
Welcome to Herocraft, Newbie! All souls start lost.. First off, I'd like to talk to you a little bit about HeroCraft. Things get sticky when you walk out into this server with no clue what to expect, so I'll lay out the groundwork below on what to expect, and some simple goals you should probably stick to if you want to succeed in Heroes RPG! (HINT: Click the shiny magical links for more info!)

The Herocraft Experience
  • Monsters are a LOT stronger than normal Survival Minecraft.
  • Eating food or using healing spells restores health.
  • A lot of actions you can do in vanilla Minecraft are restricted to professions. Keep this in mind.
  • You cannot starve. "Hunger" represents a new resource called Stamina.
  • This is because Heroes introduces combat classes and professions. Find out more using "/hero" in-game or on the Wiki.
  • Currency is called "Coins" or in item form "Soul Shards" and they are obtained from various actions.
  • Soul Shards can be taken to "/spawn" and exchanged for the currency called "Coins".
  • Or, Soul Shards can be consumed for combat EXP by right clicking while holding the item.
  • Coins can be spent at the Global Market, Chest Shops, Trades with other players, or by spending it on class changes, locking chests, creating townships, walking thru herogates, and typing /town spawn!
Coins, are obtained by leveling up your class(es), and by finding "Soul Shards" from monsters, ores, farming, logging, etc. Just about every productive action will yield you Soul Shards, the chance to find one varies with each action. They are not guaranteed -- however, you can bet if you hit a big pocket of 4 or 8 Diamond Ore you will probably get some Soul Shards, or maybe even a "Relic"! To see your coins or current money, simply type "/money"

Relics, and later, a Codex, come in many shapes and sizes. There are "Combat" versions, and "Crafter" versions. These relics can be combined, or upgraded, and they eventually make what is called a Codex. A Class Codex allows you to switch to that class for FREE. They are quite useful, and since they need only be found or obtained through playing the game, people often make a Codex and sell it cheaper than it costs to use "/hero" commands to switch to another class.

Some other tidbits of information.
  • This is the original Hero plugin server!
  • You probably shouldn't rage quit at the beginning. It seems odd stating that outright -- but trust me!
  • Have some patience and get to learn how things work!
  • Tier 1 Combat classes do not allocate attribute points. However, T2 can allocate their attribute points. You must master the appropiate T1 Path to become the next T2 Path. Ex: Paladin can become Crusader.
  • Always refer to the Herocraft Wiki for more information, if you can't find it there, trying asking in Help chat!
  • Type "/ch h" to join help chat. This server uses a kind of IRC-like chat plugin.
  • Griefing is illegal This means you cannot steal blocks from structures unless they are "rare blocks".
  • However, Stealing is legal almost everywhere. Please refer to the rules for specific exemptions.
  • PVP is unique on this server, because of the Hero plugin! It can be very fun, or very daunting!
  • There is a PVP and a PVE continent, what this means is Player vs. Player, and Player vs. Environment.
  • There are Dungeons scattered across the world to level in. Take friends! Don't have any? Make some!
  • If you have trouble, try joining a Township, or creating your own!
  • If people keep stealing your stuff, save up Souls and purchase an LWC!
  • As long as you actively check your LWC's, you have protection against thieves! (Max Limits!)
Try PVPing in the Arena if you play on PvE. Take friends with you to fight, and use the commands found in the Arena area to duel! (This information may be outdated, another option is the Test server or the FFA pvp world overflow.)

Here are some useful links on the forums:
  • hc.to/wiki This contains any information you may need to know about classes and such.
  • hc.to/map This is a database of the current map and all maps from before!
  • hc.to/store This is where you can buy cool stuff to impress your friends! Or surprise your enemies....
  • hc.to/gettingstarted This is a good thing to read for learning your basics.
  • Check out the Short Links page at the wiki for more useful short links to get around the wiki!
  • hc.to/faq for a list of very common questions/answers/mistakes!
  • I highly recommend the launcher! hc.to/launcher and watching this video for a tutorial on macros!

Last edited:

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Some people just dont navigate the wiki, others dont navigate the forums. I am merely hoping to get educated information in both places.

It's only a matter of time before you start mailing letters, door to door visits, etc.

*knock knock* EXCUSE ME SIR/MA'AM, DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO READ THE HEROCRAFT WIKI?

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Get this man a smoking jacket and a fine cigar, noobs gather round for @Dielan9999 is here.

20110909_cigar_bar-57-Edit.jpg

My apologies for the irrelevancy... :rolleyes: