• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR NAME

Devoshade

Legacy Supporter 7
I see some off the wall names and always wonder how do you all come up with these names

Like me Devoshade - Im a big fan and ole 7 year player of world of warcraft and in Warcraft Lore Devoshade was a Holy Pally Night Elf where i got mine from love the books. I was gonna use Drizzit from R.A Salvatores Legend of Drizzit series but meh changed my mind

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/your-names-origin.11792/

A pretty extensive thread is found there.

But here is my story:

My in game name is a shortened form of the usual user name I use. Most places I am Angyles Cerddoriaeth which loosely translated means "Angel of music" in Welsh. The actual phrase "Angel of music" is derived from my favourite musical "Phantom of the Opera" which I have been obsessed with for many years ((So much in fact I have the mask as a tatt ^^)).

Most forums I am on, you can find me as Angyles Cerddoriaeth or Angyles.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
It's my name and because I want to see if anyone recognizes me from different games so I use the same IGN (or partially the same)

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
neon_tetra-16.jpg
Neon Tetra​
Neotetra <-- Old username​
Neotetro <-- Winning balls.​

I also go as,​
Adoh​
Deltinspades​
LuckehFox​

Devoshade

Legacy Supporter 7
@Angyles ahhh welsh nice phantom of the opera man im bout to hit 30 and ive still never seen it i got the movie on my HD i should check it out

@Neotetro ok so its after a fish is it your fav animal im guessing fish ..... hehehe winning balls lol

@xpeterc1 hmm yea i do same with my universal name Devoshade and SPYDER2K1 are the names i use for evertyhing Devoshade for world of warcraft and minecraft and SPYDER2K1 for last 13 years of any kind of video gaming for all systems and pc going all the way back to Quake

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
@Angyles ahhh welsh nice phantom of the opera man im bout to hit 30 and ive still never seen it i got the movie on my HD i should check it out

There is not one note, or one step I do not know about in that play. When I saw the movie in the theater ((On opening night no less)), I had to have the boyfriend at the time cover my mouth with his hand. I was critiquing the whole thing. One wrong note, word or step and I was pointing it out.

It is def my obsession.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Got stuck with mine. Thanks to a friend who raged at his comp because all the names he wanted were taken. -_-

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I just chucked "ness" on the end of my name once when i was younger upon joining a game, stuck with it ever since. o:

Leesbian would be my other alternative.. not that youll see that anywhere else unlike Leeness other than HC lol. >:]

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
When creating a character on the first online game I played as a kid Tibia. I attempted to create a character called Danthedestroyer but unfortunately it was taken :p
So one of my friends piped up and said "why don't you change the to da?" So I then signed up as Dandadestroyer. After a couple months playing under that character name we started playing on some OT servers (Open Tibia - AKA custom servers :p) and as I was creating a new character on that the same friend suggested that I just cut destroyer off of the end as Danda sounded cooler anyway. So I have kinda stuck with the name for the past 9-10 years or so.

Unfortunately there are other Dandas so not every Danda you see is me :(
So when that name is taken when I sign up with things I usually go with Dandacion or Sebereora as a alternative :p

Turtle

Banned
Well my steam name has been Turtle for around 2 years now, and I register as CuteTurtle on everywhere else just because 'Turtle' is taken everywhere :( I wanted to stick to one name, so when I was registering for a game and all names were taken except for this :D

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
About 14 years ago, I played Baldur's Gate. One of the final bosses is Semaj. He's an archmage. And he's pure evil.