• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herogate Camping is over the top

Zyvo1

Coal
Hi,

Recently I found this little gem of a server, it's cool, has actual working skills and has more than ~20 people any given hour. But I've recently run into a problem with Herogate stalkers that has made doing anything on this server a living hell.

I know, "What their doing is technically legal", but having a high level player literally waiting beside a Herogate for some noob to run by just so he can claim a bit of money is starting to make me want to quit. And it's not just me that's losing here, I know about 20 people who all feel the same way.

Most recent spammers: (Don't know exact names.)
Irishman
Chili
Lordprettyflak0

It would be fine if they would just blow through town once, maybe thrice, a day for 10 minutes, NO, I'm talking once every 30 minutes, and they stay there for an hour, and switch off, and rinse and repeat.

I've read many other petitions on the forums such as this, I know It's a PVP server, and YES, I've played them before, but this is different, the map is generally small when it comes to PVP server maps, and for good reason, so picking up and moving is not really an option here.

If nothing can be done about this, at least make one crucial change:
/Bounty
Needs to have a jail system. Yes, if anyone place a /bounty on someone it's for good reason, I want them to rot in a jail for the next 2 hours. No one likes to squander their money on a bounty for fun, it needs to have serious consequences for a person who becomes bountied.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
No one wants to sit in a jail for 2 hours because they played the game.
It could (And would) be abused to harass people by those with money.

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
People do this due to the lack of pvp, everyone is hiding 50 blocks under the ground these days. But the boys NEED their daily dose of bloodshed, haha. I suggest you join a town, get some levels and a group, and release a counter attack!

Radicos

ICE ICE ICE!
I have to agree with Junarcel here. I understand your feelings about this, and think of this as a big annoyance, but sitting around moping doesn't solve anything. Now, I'm not saying -you- are doing this, @Zyvo1 but there are (most likely) plenty others. I am glad you try to stand up and take actions through forums, but those things don't always work. You can, however, do what Junarcel suggested. Join a town, get some levels and a group and release a counter attack! Well, except for that last part :p Mostly, because, for example, Irish is one of the best pvpers in the server (To my knowledge) and will not easily be defeated. But you can still join a town, get some levels and get a group to have fun with! And if you are so happened to be attacked, you can atleast defend yourself a bit better. And if you're having trouble joining a town because, for example, timezones, then try in the weekends to stay up a bit longer if you can. I, myself, have a 7 hour difference with most, but got lucky and joined a town. If you can do that, you're most likely able to enjoy this amazing server and all the great things it has to offer :D This server is filled with great things and great people. It's important to see past the annoyances and towards the positive things within your grasp! hope you will enjoy your time here and that this long arse text has helped you!

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
To add on to the "join a town" logic, if you're in a town you can use /town spawn to go to the town (costs 25c) and /skill warp (costs 3 redstone blocks, which is cheap) to go to spawn.

That requires having money, which isn't the greatest (HeroGates will start costing again soon as well, though) but can be used to avoid the problem the Gates bring.

If you ever find a good spot you can also use your /skill mark there (1 redstone block) and /skill recall (10 redstone dust) to it, giving you a third point of interest you can travel to without touching gates.

Zyvo1

Coal
I am part of a town is the problem, and all we get are the high levels rolling through and harassing us almost 24/7. i logged in about 4 hours ago, Chili was there, last night (while trying to build) Irish camped on town for 2 hours. It's almost impossible to grab our death chests in the first place so we can go out and get some levels.

I can really see why "2 hours for playing the game" would be a problem with most people. But as far as I can see, unless the bounty is 500c no one is going to take the offer to hunt down a PvPer. And I wouldn't like it a flat 2 hours anyways. But there still has to be some kind of consequence system at work. like I said:

"No one likes to squander their money on a bounty for fun."

I'm thinking more of every 10c on the bounty, 1 minute added to jail time. This jail time should count while offline too, so they are forced to take a break from harassing. Also, unless they get a bounty of 600c+ they shouldn't really complain about it, which if their doing nothing but spawn camping, and not letting players retrieve their stuff, they deserve to be restricted to jail for an hour.
(I lost 5 stacks of Stone Bricks due to this. And don't tell me that shit is worthless, I'm building.)

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the jail isn't a good idea. I understand where your coming from on camping, but there's ways around it. A large wall around your town that dragoons and Rangers can't get over is a good start

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
I am part of a town is the problem, and all we get are the high levels rolling through and harassing us almost 24/7. i logged in about 4 hours ago, Chili was there, last night (while trying to build) Irish camped on town for 2 hours. It's almost impossible to grab our death chests in the first place so we can go out and get some levels.

I can really see why "2 hours for playing the game" would be a problem with most people. But as far as I can see, unless the bounty is 500c no one is going to take the offer to hunt down a PvPer. And I wouldn't like it a flat 2 hours anyways. But there still has to be some kind of consequence system at work. like I said:

"No one likes to squander their money on a bounty for fun."

I'm thinking more of every 10c on the bounty, 1 minute added to jail time. This jail time should count while offline too, so they are forced to take a break from harassing. Also, unless they get a bounty of 600c+ they shouldn't really complain about it, which if their doing nothing but spawn camping, and not letting players retrieve their stuff, they deserve to be restricted to jail for an hour.
(I lost 5 stacks of Stone Bricks due to this. And don't tell me that shit is worthless, I'm building.)
There aren't many pvpers left on hc, maybe about 2/10th of the current active playerbase. And they'd go extinct for sure if they got jailed for doing what they're the best at, pvping. say you're a builder, and you enjoy building small decorated houses. Would you stay on a server where you would get jailed as soon as you finish it? Just because people get annoying cause of you doing so? Pvp is a part of herocraft. You gotta deal with it, whether you like it or not.

Now I'm not saying the herogate camping is good, don't like it at all. Yet there are plenty of ways to solve it. For example: join a BIG town that has alot of members, most of the time there are enough players that are willing to aid a towny in need. Try to make friends with people that are in say, a pvp group or the council of your town. You WANT allies that aren't just scrubs that log on every saturday evening, but people that are actually a big deal. thats why its good for new members to join a big town, rather than starting a small one with your older brother and your friend from history class. Because if you do, prepare to get your butt kicked every once in a while.

And about herogates, try to outsmart those lads sometime, gl ;)

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
What I recommend is asking for help in o chat. I know that sounds kind of dumb but there are other pvper's on ther server who'd love to have a chance for some action. There are more than one group of pvpers so find a different group and ask for them to come help you out. Sure some people won't come help but some might.

I actually have a very simple solution for all of this. It is the reason why I am never attacked at herogates. Don't use them. Walk everywhere, gather some resources, kill some random mobs, and enjoy the natural scenery as well as towns. Plus with boats now legal (this might not be true, I am just going off of something I vaguely remember reading) traveling over oceans is much faster. It takes much less time than you'd think. Really only a couple minutes to get 1K blocks. Sure you might need to get somewhere quickly, but let's face it: unless everything you or your friends have worked on is in danger of being destroyed it is not that pressing.

But yeah, walking is good. Get out and smell the virtual air A.K.A. your monitor's screen.

Zyvo1

Coal
We are working on a wall, atm. can't go outside to work on it half the time though.

Also, are you suggesting TNT doesn't blow up walls? (And if it did, wouldn't that be a breach of the anti-greifing rules?)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
We are working on a wall, atm. can't go outside to work on it half the time though.

Also, are you suggesting TNT doesn't blow up walls? (And if it did, wouldn't that be a breach of the anti-greifing rules?)
TnT does not blow up anything.

Dude, I was just randomly walking around and bumped into you lmao. Then you continued to log off when you saw me. I had nothing better to do but camp your log point because that was annoying af when you logged and you shouldn't do it. I killed you once lmfao
@Zyvo1 Please Respond

(I'm Chilli_Bandit)

Zyvo1

Coal
Chilli, It's getting to a point where the only way to continue to play the server is to log off when people run up to me. I'm still new to the server, and it seems everyone wants to camp the town and kill whoever wanders out of their homes to do anything. In 2 days (before posting this) I've seen 4 raid parties around town and though mostly irish, the raiders camp outside for 2+ hours at a time.

As I'm only L6, and have died almost 15 times now, it's gotten to the point of harassment.

I'm sure many of you heard on O channel, I'm all for Pvp, to make that clear as long as it's fair. I don't like it when a L52 comes and kills a near defensless L6, just because they can. I'm all for dueling you when I hit a reasonable level, like ~L30. (You know, when I can actually not die in 4 hits.)

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Simply sit in your regioned safety hole until we get bored. That's how I did it 3 maps ago a.k.a 2 years ago/Haven. And yeah, don't use herogates. They're real PvP hotspots, either use your legs, or /skill townspawn or /spawn...

Also, just a suggestion, since it's too late, don't build a town that's 400 blocks close to another Metropolis-sized town, that's another reason why it's a PvP hotspot.

I might burst PvP fun bubbles here but I had to spill it out.