• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft: Tekkit Server - New HeroTEK server in test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Well your missing a lot of stuff that will lag and corrupt a tekkit server.....

Well then ill warn you now, if your not going to omit features then people will not play fair and the server will most likely crash from what people can do.....

Well, I'm confused at what you would like to see happen?
Your first you implication was that my approach would be missing intended content...
Now you agree that content needs to be omitted for better performance and game play.

I'm all about finding a happy medium for easy administration and fun player content but I need to know what people are looking for and not running around in circles... Help me help you ;)

BPOtacon

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, I'm confused at what you would like to see happen?
Your first you implication was that my approach would be missing intended content...
Now you agree that content needs to be omitted for better performance and game play.

I'm all about finding a happy medium for easy administration and fun player content but I need to know what people are looking for and not running around in circles... Help me help you ;)

I was saying you need to know what your doing before you even try and start a big project like this and i would like to see and be apart of a tekkit server, but it has to be done right no half ass shit , ... no offense on what your saying, sure you have some tekkit experience, but from what i see you have what had 3 maybe 4 normal users playing on a server, but each server is different. You could have a server with 0 fixes, 2 plugins and 20 players/day with no problems, but on the other hand you could have all the fixes and plugins you want, have 5 player/day and have nothing but problems. You have to test and see what works.

and like Malmenca said,

@zdylann has been running tekkit servers for quite some time

I was the main Admin for that server and as most of us know zdylann loves to do some evil shit to servers, and by him doing this we learned what hind of world guards and world backup can be used. What kind of things can be exploded in the core tekkit build (mainly Equivalent Exchange), and most of this we learned by just reading up on the tekkit forums

So if you want the help then ill help, but i want it done right Edit: Scratch that he doesn't want to help

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Yes, help and cooperation would be what we need going forward as I cannot do this alone.

Let's try and set up some time to discuss how we want to implement the HeroTEK server and test it till we find it's breaking points. I'm East Coast US, and it's almost 11pm here now, I work from home so I can be flexible if we want to setup a dev/design Tek-team and hold a Team Speak meeting of sorts... or just roll with it over forum/email/chat. I'm open to suggestions.

As for where we are now...
I spent most of this afternoon trying to cobble together a MC 1.3.2 'tek-style' server, but more than 1/2 the main mods are just not 1.3.2 ready and it ended up being more of a headache than it was worth. So, I ended up setting up the 'out of the box' 3.1.2 Tekkit server (MC1.2.5) for now and we can tweak as we test features or add/change content. I even took a crack at putting together a ported MCPC build from scratch and just ended up frustrating myself in the end.

On the side...
I am not one to mix words nor piss people off unnecessarily, if I do, I apologize. Kainzo has known me from back in the day when we were about 20 or so people playing and constantly having map wipes server issues, etc... He knows that once he puts me on a project, I don't bull shit around or try to flex e-peen, I just get it done. So, if I come off as abrasive or ask for clarification when things appear conflicting or don't make sense, it's just my 'work-mode' kicking in, nothing personal. All that matters is I love playing MC, Herocraft is da shizzle and I'd take a e-bullet for Kainzo. ;) So lets make this a rock'n Tek server worthy of a spot next to HC-Core !!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not interested in Zdylann or his help - you must be in good standing with the community to assist in server development.

@Skaduush, we don't "need" 1.3.2" - since its a "hey you must patch to play!" kind of thing, I dont tihnk anyone really cares about it being on 1.3.2 or not. I could be wrong here.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
My Input: I have played tekkit with and without EE to endgame and besides playing with EE's endgame stuff, it is overall more challenging without EE and at some points more fun.
Thoughts?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The goal here is to omit plugins that can corrupt the server, or anything that can badly grief or unbalance gameplay :)
I'm glad you guys are getting this together, it'll be a good time!

Z

zDylan

Was talking to Skaduush about how to make a viable EE for the tekkit server, and I looked into some of the methods of tuning down the mod, but unfortunately you would need a 3rd party mod addon for EE to be able to change values such as EMC/Tick in collectors/relays. So alternatively instead of just Disabling all of EE, you just disable... pretty much everything except the harmless things that people really enjoy about the mod, such as Alchemy Bags and Divining Rods. So here is my Mod_EE.props file in the pastebin below, it disables all of the deadly rings, items, weapons, tools, and armor. The only thing I didn't disable that you may want to is Red Matter/Dark Matter furnaces which had a dupe a couple months ago and I do not know if its fixed. Other things that are disabled are Condensors, Relays, Transmutation Tables, Transmutation Tablet, and Collectors. The Mod_EE.props file is located in the root directory of the server, not sure if Skaduuush uses FTP or not.

http://pastebin.com/ydAfaJ4D

Also, two things I want to point out, I don't know the PvP situation on the server, but I suggest you disable Quantum, its pretty much god mode. It takes around 1000+ hits with the best sword to even break a piece of the armor and the armor needs to be broken for you to take any kind of damage. Also in Directory/Config/IC2.cfg you may want to set 'Enable crafting of buckets out of tin' =false. This is because you could make a lot of buckets using tin instead of iron and use a machine (forgot the name of the machine) to transfer the bucket back to its crafting materials (3 iron) and essentially turn tin into iron, which in some cases iron is more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.