• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft moving to a greylist mode!

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I'm a little split about the idea of not breaking blocks - but ultimately for the safety of the server it may be the best bet.

I'm glad people are liking this idea :) We've been the largest "white list" server for almost 2 years and it's time for a bit of a change up!

It is a great idea, but I support Greylist Users being unable to break blocks or spec classes. The Greylist is to give them a taste of the server and sort out the abusive ones who won't mesh into the community to the other people. If only the people who are loving Herocraft's flavour join in, but everyone is allowed to give it a go, it should increase the number of players a lot and keep things civil.

I can't say I was going to support this when I saw the topic name, but having thought about it, I've changed my mind. Love the idea, looking forward to it!

Perhaps guests could still mine materials in warshard?
Just a thought...

Now this is smart. I like it a lot.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think overall, this is a great idea, but i have some suggestions for some restrictions to the Greylisted:
1.No EXP is gained from killing them.
2.People that are greylisted can not Start parties.
3.They battle to the death to see who stays.

I like the second idea. I think they should be able to JOIN parties, but not START any. (Who knows, they could recruit an army of 50 and go on a maul rave).

As for the first idea; I think they should give exp on death. BUUUUUT: not as much as whitelisted players.

As for the final idea, I have no idea what you really mean.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It is a great idea, but I support Greylist Users being unable to break blocks or spec classes. The Greylist is to give them a taste of the server and sort out the abusive ones who won't mesh into the community to the other people. If only the people who are loving Herocraft's flavour join in, but everyone is allowed to give it a go, it should increase the number of players a lot and keep things civil.

I can't say I was going to support this when I saw the topic name, but having thought about it, I've changed my mind. Love the idea, looking forward to it!

I think players should not be able to break blocks anywhere. Or place blocks anywhere.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
...I'm a little confused.

You said they should be able to break blocks in Warshard. I don't reeeeeally like this idea. I think Warshard should be for whitelisted members only.

Then again, it would offer players a way to get resources without having to spend coin. Plus, griefing is enabled in Warhsard (it was last time in Sanctum), so any mess made by new players would be fine.

Hmm..

Changed my mind! :p Yeah; I think players should be unable to break blocks in the main world, but in Warshard, I think it should be enabled! :)

agentjwall

Godly
I like the second idea. I think they should be able to JOIN parties, but not START any. (Who knows, they could recruit an army of 50 and go on a maul rave).

Aw, but massive armies of unspec' noobs to slaughter would be fun! Plus you can only have 10 people in a party...

(But then again, I suppose they don't need parties to band together and attack others...)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Aw, but massive armies of unspec' noobs to slaughter would be fun! Plus you can only have 10 people in a party...

(But then again, I suppose they don't need parties to band together and attack others...)

It WOULD be funny to see an army of noob mass killing everyone. Ha ha. Noobs... :D

Dysprous

Legacy Supporter 6

agentjwall said:
Perhaps guests could still mine materials in warshard?
Just a thought...​

I like this, but instead of them mining in warshard why not have a small "Greyshard" (a smaller verison [much smaller] of the main shard/dragon map) with Spawn (& all the signs) and a greylist city or two. They would of course be able to go to the other shards but not place/break blocks there.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I like this, but instead of them mining in warshard why not have a small "Greyshard" (a smaller verison [much smaller] of the main shard/dragon map) with Spawn (& all the signs) and a greylist city or two. They would of course be able to go to the other shards but not place/break blocks there.
Multiple shards will take a while. Warshard is taking long as it is. Greylist towns/cities would be interesting, but the concept seems kind of vague.

Dysprous

Legacy Supporter 6
Multiple shards will take a while. Warshard is taking long as it is. Greylist towns/cities would be interesting, but the concept seems kind of vague.

I see what you're saying, one way around that would (possibly) be to make a copy of the main shard/map (maybe an old one closer to the beginning of this map) and edit the size to make it smaller. Oh and as for the greylist town it could be like a pre-built city, and say run by someone (staff maybe, maybe not). I'm just throwing ideas out there.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
We are prepping for the move to a "no whitelist" mode... which in turn uses a GREYLIST so all users can connect who aren't banned from Herocraft.

As a "guest" or greylist member you can:
  • Level
  • PVP
  • PVE
  • Collect items
  • Steal
  • Send Coin
  • Speak in local/shout
As a "guest" you cannot:

• Place blocks
  • Destroy blocks
  • Talk in global chats (except tour)
Some things still need to be ironed out - I feel this is the right direction for Herocraft as a whole :)
Good idea, although I don't think they should be able to spec as a "greylist" member.

Hmm this seems sketchy to me. Anyway maybe you should make it so the greylist users have less commands, cause now theres not a HUGE reason to get whitelisted, some users can live without placing blocks haha.

bedbreath

Glowstone
Great idea to implement as not being able to be to see the server and community initially was one of the things that nearly kept me from applying for whitelist. However I think grey list members should be able to have full access to warshard so that they can get a good start on mining and have some investment in the server and thus allure them to obtaining full whitelist permissions.

bedbreath

Glowstone
Great idea to implement as not being able to be to see the server and community initially was one of the things that nearly kept me from applying for whitelist. However I think grey list members should be able to have full access to warshard so that they can get a good start on mining and have some investment in the server and thus allure them to obtaining full whitelist permissions.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
yeah, I think having access to the "grief" map, would be good.