• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft moving to a greylist mode!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We are prepping for the move to a "no whitelist" mode... which in turn uses a GREYLIST so all users can connect who aren't banned from Herocraft.

As a "guest" or greylist member you can:
  • Level
  • PVP
  • PVE
  • Collect items
  • Steal
  • Send Coin
  • Speak in local/shout
As a "guest" you cannot:
  • Place blocks
  • Destroy blocks
  • Talk in global chats (except tour)
Some things still need to be ironed out - I feel this is the right direction for Herocraft as a whole :)

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Wooo, I can see this bringing a lot more cool people to Herocraft :D

<3 Trop

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Instead of having all global except tour blocked, could you block all of them and make a special greylist chat where only greylisted and guides/staff can speak in? That way the idiots who will inevitably join can't harrass the new whitelisters trying to get help.

Overall, this will likely greatly increase the amount of PvP in the world, which is a healthy thing for this server. :)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I like it! :) I think the ''Guests'' should be restricted to mastering Classes and Professions only, however, and to not be able to train and level up in any specifications. For instance, they would reach level 30 Rogue, but have to become a whitelisted member to select and further train a spec, such as theif. This would kinda be a ''Become a member to recieve more skills'' moment.

Like the idea of having them NOT break blocks! :) Sounds like fun! :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm a little split about the idea of not breaking blocks - but ultimately for the safety of the server it may be the best bet.

I'm glad people are liking this idea :) We've been the largest "white list" server for almost 2 years and it's time for a bit of a change up!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
If they were able to break blocks, what really would be the point of whitelisting? Permission to build a house? I fear it's be grief-central if this was possible.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah, only whitelisted people should break blocks! :p We don't want people coming in and griefing everything! :p

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
Thanks so much kainzo! I made a suggestion like this a while back. Glad to see it being implemented.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I have wanted this for some time. Here is my idea, they can break wood, stone, ores, and possibly place craftingbenches.

ICE ICE ICE!
HOLY GOD The server is gonna be full,plus this is gonna be like double exp weekend .......every 10mins ban ban ban :O
but I like the idea,now i can bring some friends on this server :3
good luck kainzo :)

ICE ICE ICE!
Vote = earn coin, visit shops, buy sword ? :)
We could possibly setup workstations near spawn area to support the users and maybe have a few player driven shops to make weapons and sell them.
Come on merchants we got to make dem shops now! :D thanks kainzo

donaldmax1

Soulsand
I like the ideal it will help players that want to join the server get a feel of what there getting into.

oo00lost00oo

Legacy Supporter 6
maybe we could have a grey list Town/area were they have the ability to remove blocks, lets them travel out side of town but only remove blocks from that area, like a noob only area, to prevent High lvl players from Camping the low lvl playes only have it accessible by the grey list.
Or maybe this could be a different small map 250/250 they have the ability to do all things there but dont have the ability to use main server services, like TD MA Towns Dhx, and restrict lvl to 30craft and 30 warrior so to spec they need whitlist until they are white listed then they can use a portal to the main server map (one way), this way if they like it they can white list and move to the real thing
dont know if this is possible, just a few ideas

FracturedFusion

A frightening Cactus!
I think overall, this is a great idea, but i have some suggestions for some restrictions to the Greylisted:
1.No EXP is gained from killing them.
2.People that are greylisted can not Start parties.
3.They battle to the death to see who stays.