• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

-Herocraft Community- Currency Poll

What do you want to be the currency of the next map to be?

• Total voters

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
I highly doubt people are going to want to be using gold tools more often if emeralds became the currency. As previously stated, yea sure they do a bit more damage, but last maybe one - two fights max. I've tried using gold swords/axes. By the time the fight is over the gold tools are red bared. Diamond or Iron tools are much more preferable in my opinion due to the fact that they can actual last. Truthfully, would you want to go on a raid with multiple gold tools since they run out fast, or one diamond tool that won't be even an inch gone by the time it is finished?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I highly doubt people are going to want to be using gold tools more often if emeralds became the currency. As previously stated, yea sure they do a bit more damage, but last maybe one - two fights max. I've tried using gold swords/axes. By the time the fight is over the gold tools are red bared. Diamond or Iron tools are much more preferable in my opinion due to the fact that they can actual last. Truthfully, would you want to go on a raid with multiple gold tools since they run out fast, or one diamond tool that won't be even an inch gone by the time it is finished?
As a melee class I would run around with a gold sword AND a diamond as backup. I would primarily use the diamond sword and pull out the gold on a target I know is going to cause problems. No one says you need to only carry one weapon.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
If you have a Sugar cane farm and A village, Emeralds are pretty easy to get. I think it's much easier to get a stack of emeralds than a stack of gold. What I think we should have is emeralds be the Reagents for some moves. For example on Beguiler the move Teleport needs a diamond. I think that could be a Emerald. Then both materials would be valuable.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
As a melee class I would run around with a gold sword AND a diamond as backup. I would primarily use the diamond sword and pull out the gold on a target I know is going to cause problems. No one says you need to only carry one weapon.
That's true as well. I'm just not sure how many players would bother to do so. Maybe I'm wrong and everyone would bring a gold weapon with them :p

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7

For the Caster and Healer class they use Hoes which don't take damage. So they like gold weapons.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
For the Caster and Healer class they use Hoes which don't take damage. So they like gold weapons.
thats true, but for most it only increases the damage by 1. I think people would rather sell it for coin and use a diamond one

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
BUT gold will become worthless if it isn't the currency.
so how do you sell it? :confused:
Thats what I'm coming back to ._. If gold isn't the currency then yea, more people will probably use it for weapons. If it is then, yea, nothing changes. I was saying that I can't really see a lot of players carrying both gold and diamond weapons on them to use in battle. Or using gold tools for that matter, aside from maybe casters and healers.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
What ''shit'' can you make out of gold (other than what we already have, which nobody has any issues with).

Also, we've discussed why emeralds would suck.

Actually I had power rails in mind.

How many towns do you see having rail systems in place? Especially early on? Almost none. Because they hoard gold like it's drugs because they can't afford not to.

If I didn't have to sacrifice all the gold I've had to mine to make ends meet, I'd have power rails that strech across the map. From one personal region to another!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Actually I had power rails in mind.

How many towns do you see having rail systems in place? Especially early on? Almost none. Because they hoard gold like it's drugs because they can't afford not to.

If I didn't have to sacrifice all the gold I've had to mine to make ends meet, I'd have power rails that strech across the map. From one personal region to another!

Oblivion had a rail system, around 2 or so I believe. Windhelm also had a rail system. In addition, I was working on a rail system while I was on Glacium. At the begining of the map people arn't going to want to make rails because they need the gold for town upgrades, noble plots, ect.

In other words, people still did use gold for rails. Also, you don't need THAT much gold to do so. I don't understand how you'd think that switching to emerald would be better because people could have more gold for rails when, well, you don't need much to start with. Sure it would help earlier on, but in the long run it won't do much difference.

Also, Canterlot/Belegost and Lorien had rails. Those are the towns that I know of. I think Akahi may have had a rail network at one point too.

EDIT:

@qsa123456789
@dils1

Why did you both ''lovebox'' my post? I'd prefer you to reply to what you don't like about it instead of just .

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
thats true, but for most it only increases the damage by 1. I think people would rather sell it for coin and use a diamond one
But this is under the guise that emerald is the currency item. Which would make gold near worthless. Thus it would most likely be more expensive to use diamond than gold.
Also, Canterlot/Belegost and Lorien had rails. Those are the towns that I know of. I think Akahi may have had a rail network at one point too.
RiseAgainst had one aswell.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Going back to your point about PvP and in tournaments, why is it important/desired that more people use gold tools?

I know that may sound like a stupid question, but the discussions above don't seem to be leading anywhere! :p There appears to be no motive for getting people using gold tools other than, well, seeing them used.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I know that may sound like a stupid question, but the discussions above don't seem to be leading anywhere! :p There appears to be no motive for getting people using gold tools other than, well, seeing them used.
I never said that there was a reason to make people use them more but saying that it was a bonus of using emerald.

But even so I was only trying to make a point. Gold is the more accessible material to everyone. Where as emerald is extremely difficult to come by if you don't have villagers.

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
Oblivion had a rail system, around 2 or so I believe. Windhelm also had a rail system. In addition, I was working on a rail system while I was on Glacium. At the begining of the map people arn't going to want to make rails because they need the gold for town upgrades, noble plots, ect.

In other words, people still did use gold for rails. Also, you don't need THAT much gold to do so. I don't understand how you'd think that switching to emerald would be better because people could have more gold for rails when, well, you don't need much to start with. Sure it would help earlier on, but in the long run it won't do much difference.

EDIT:

@qsa123456789
@dils1

Why did you both ''lovebox'' my post? I'd prefer you to reply to what you don't like about it instead of just .
I gave you a lovebox because you look like a lovebox.

btw leave our forum convo nao

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
@MajorasMask

Accident :p I didn't realise. Was lag on my old phone, scrolled up but must've rates your post :p

My bad. I'll undo it lawl

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Do you think the currency will be changed to gold now because over 3/4 of HC want it to be gold.