• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

-Herocraft Community- Currency Poll

What do you want to be the currency of the next map to be?

• Total voters

CoolBeans279(Alt)

Glowing Redstone
Gold - common enough, can't be farmed inside of townships (emeralds can be farmed).

Gold - requires atleast some risk to obtain (mobs, players, lava)

just a few reasons for gold.
Alex is right emeralds can be farmered with weat fish and other such things wich its value will go down very fast and gold will allways stay the best.

A

alexhoff1

some random new stuff was changed.
mobs drop gold nuggets and
currency is still being thought of as emeralds (on notes)
= what?

why make mobs drop something useless?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
some random new stuff was changed.
mobs drop gold nuggets and
currency is still being thought of as emeralds (on notes)
= what?

why make mobs drop something useless?

Because gold is still going to be the currency maybe? That's what I presumed.

A

alexhoff1

Not sure majoras, just thought I should point out that it still says emeralds.
considering the tally is 63:11 :L

I think both, each would have a different conversion ratio based on its how rare it is, for instance emerald would be worth more then gold because it is by far harder to find, this way the economy doesn't deflate to a point of uselessness and allows for emerald to still have a point, however with villagers trading emerald away it does make it extremely farmable, this presents a problem if a town claims land over an NPC village giving that town a huge advantage and messing up the economy, so unless they make NPC towns unclaimable or find some way to control how villagers trade emerald could be a bad idea.

A

alexhoff1

Emeralds - obtainable at insane rates (I've heard rumors of 1k per hour, x10 = 10k in 1 hour)
Gold - not as obtainable, CAN NOT be traded w/ villagers.

Look at jonsoons plot, we had just gotten villager trade and he has over a stack of emerald blocks -.- that's ridiculous.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Well now that only merchants can trade with villagers I think gold will be staying. If Emeralds were the new gold then it would be like only miners being able to mine gold this map.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Gold is a bad idea. You can make shit out of it now. Emeralds purpose is just to use as currency.

What ''shit'' can you make out of gold (other than what we already have, which nobody has any issues with).

Also, we've discussed why emeralds would suck.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
What ''shit'' can you make out of gold.
Actually when do you ever see people use gold weapons in pvp?
The tournament and that's about it. Why?
because they're do expensive, if the currently were to become emeralds that would drop the cost of making them significantly which is what Dielan was getting at.

However I can see some major issues in using emeralds. Such as since they're rarely found by mining pretty much the only way to get them is via villagers.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Actually when do you ever see people use gold weapons in pvp?
The tournament and that's about it. Why?
because they're do expensive, if the currently were to become emeralds that would drop the cost of making them significantly which is what Dielan was getting at.

However I can see some major issues in using emeralds. Such as since they're rarely found by mining pretty much the only way to get them is via villagers.

I managed to store up a lot of gold armour and tools throughout both Zeal and Dragongarde. If I ever needed them fixed, i'd just ask a smith. Most of the time I just deconstructed them.

As for everyday PvPers/players using gold armour and tools, they could if they wanted to. I know plenty of rich players who both had the coin and resources to make themselves and their friends gold armour. They just didn't want to. Why? I don't know. People like Alexhoff1 could have supplied gold armour for a whole town if he wanted, but they didn't.

But yeah, emerald is too complicated of a system to be used for a currency, in my eyes. I think there are too many ways to use and abuse the system. :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I managed to store up a lot of gold armour and tools throughout both Zeal and Dragongarde. If I ever needed them fixed, i'd just ask a smith. Most of the time I just deconstructed them.

As for everyday PvPers/players using gold armour and tools, they could if they wanted to. I know plenty of rich players who both had the coin and resources to make themselves and their friends gold armour. They just didn't want to. Why? I don't know. People like Alexhoff1 could have supplied gold armour for a whole town if he wanted, but they didn't.
Majora I had just as much money as alex for a large portion of the map. Why didn't I use gold tools/armor? because it wasn't worth the money. I could spend half the money on something that would last litterally 47x as long with only a minuscule damage loss. Due to costs it was more a more efficient use of your money to use diamond than gold. However if emerald were to become the currently item gold's value would tank significantly and people would have such large stock piles of it that people would make gold weapons without even second guessing it.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Majora I had just as much money as alex for a large portion of the map. Why didn't I use gold tools/armor? because it wasn't worth the money. I could spend half the money on something that would last litterally 47x as long with only a minuscule damage loss. Due to costs it was more a more efficient use of your money to use diamond than gold. However if emerald were to become the currently item gold's value would tank significantly and people would have such large stock piles of it that people would make gold weapons without even second guessing it.

If that was the case (gold not being worth it, diamond being used for a lot longer, ect), then, even if emerald was the currency, people still wouldn't use gold armour (they'd look for and use diamond, or iron, armour, ect, because it is more durable).

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If that was the case (gold not being worth it, diamond being used for a lot longer, ect), then, even if emerald was the currency, people still wouldn't use gold armour (they'd look for and use diamond, or iron, armour, ect, because it is more durable).
I never spoke of armor I only mentioned weapons. You're the one that keeps bringing that one up. But ontop of this it was still more cost effective to deconstruct golden equipment than it was to use and repair it. Thus is another reason why other weapons/armor were used more often.
Besides Gold Armor is worthless to nearly all classes. It only benefits one class which is Geo?

With the reduced profit of deconstructing these items people would end up collecting and using them instead of converting it into money like they do currently.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I never spoke of armor I only mentioned weapons. You're the one that keeps bringing that one up. But ontop of this it was still more cost effective to deconstruct golden equipment than it was to use and repair it. Thus is another reason why other weapons/armor were used more often.
Besides Gold Armor is worthless to nearly all classes. It only benefits one class which is Geo?

With the reduced profit of deconstructing these items people would end up collecting and using them instead of converting it into money like they do currently.

I understand, I thought you were talking about both armour and tools.

If deconstructing tools was less profitable, then sure, I reckon' people would use gold tools more (rather than deconstructing them, they'd repair/just use them, right?).

Although, how does one make deconstructing less profitable? I guess it would be possible to do so using emeralds, but at the end of the day, there isn't much point. Like you said yourself - gold isn't worth it considering how long it lasts. In addition, gold doesn't do that much more damage than diamond tools, only around 1-15 HP extra depending on the specification (as stated on the wiki). Overall, switching to emerald just for this is kinda pointless! :p

None the less, does this conversation have any real significance? As shown by the poll, gold is desired as the next currency! :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
But yea I think emerald would make a better currency if it wasn't so heavily based on NPC trading and easily farm able without leaving a region.