• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft April Building Competition!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
1st Shrine Building Competition!

Introducing this map's 1st building competition! These competitions will be returning at regular intervals, each with a different theme. This will be a team-based building competition, and we expect contestants to come up with some truly epic builds!

Teams will have one month to build their project. A week after this announcement is posted, regions will be assigned and the competition will begin. When the month is over, build permissions on the regions will be removed, and the entries will be judged. A poll will be created, open for a week, that will allow players to vote on their favorites, and will be included in the final score.

THEME: Disposable Hero's Keep

That's right folks, we're starting this out with a castle/keep dedicated to the clan that started it all, the Disposable Heroes!
Theme tips:
Accent Colors: black and red
Dark architectural style (in colors and feel)
Red iron cross on a black field has been used as a symbol
RvZU7.png

There can be more to a keep than just a castle ;)
Dates:
Prep period: March 28th to April 5th
Build period: April 5th to May 3rd
Voting Period: May 3rd to May 10th
All start/stop times are 12PM EST

Rules:
  • All entries must be built on the SHRINE PvE server.
  • Build must follow all applicable server rules (distance to towns, content, etc)
  • Teams may be a max of 5 people. These are the only players who will receive rewards of the competition.
  • No limit on size, however build boundary must be clearly defined (sign/torch combos)
  • Teams are allowed to purchase materials from players, as well as receive donations.
  • Following the competition, these builds will function as players structures, and may not be claimed without explicit permission from all team members.
Judging considerations:
  • Builds must be complete. No empty shells of buildings.
  • Must follow the theme of the competition.
  • Builds will be graded on the following scale:
    • Focus on theme (5 points)
    • Completeness (5 points)
    • Originality (10 points)
    • Architectural quality (10 points)
    • Unusual use of blocks (5 points)
    • Player poll (5, 3, 1 point depending on place)
Rewards:

1st place
  • Title [Master Builder] until the next competition
  • 1000s each
  • Individuals immortalized on a trophy board in the Shrine spawn
2nd place
  • 800s each
  • Team name immortalized on a trophy board in the Shrine spawn
3rd place
  • 400s each

Team Instructions:
  1. Reply with the following information (1-5 members per team):

• Team Name: NameGoesHere

1. Player1
  2. Player2
  3. Player3
  4. Player4
  5. Player5
2. Search Shrine for the location you wish to build. You may not build over towns or existing structures.
3. Clearly delineate your build area using signs and torches. Clear trees/terrain if you need to.
4. Before the end of the prep week, edit your application post with the x,y,z coordinate inside your build area.
5. A region will be created that only your team members can build in.​

• ONCE THE COMPETITION HAS STARTED, THE MEMBER ACCESS WILL NOT BE CHANGED
  • If you need to adjust your build area, open a petition in your region AND post on this thread requesting it. Be sure to update your boundary markers first.
  • Don't claim excessive amounts of land just to claim it. This region will be removed at the end of the competition, anyway.

@Heralds @Guides Use hc.to/build to promote

@Moderators @Admins @Founder

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1st Shrine Building Competition!

Introducing this map's 1st building competition! These competitions will be returning at regular intervals, each with a different theme. This will be a team-based building competition, and we expect contestants to come up with some truly epic builds!

Teams will have one month to build their project. A week after this announcement is posted, regions will be assigned and the competition will begin. When the month is over, build permissions on the regions will be removed, and the entries will be judged. A poll will be created, open for a week, that will allow players to vote on their favorites, and will be included in the final score.

THEME: Disposable Hero's Keep

That's right folks, we're starting this out with a castle/keep dedicated to the clan that started it all, the Disposable Heroes!
Theme tips:
Accent Colors: black and red
Dark architectural style (in colors and feel)
Red iron cross on a black field has been used as a symbol
RvZU7.png

There can be more to a keep than just a castle ;)
Dates:
Prep period: March 28th to April 5th
Build period: April 5th to May 3rd
Voting Period: May 3rd to May 10th
All start/stop times are 12PM EST

Rules:
  • All entries must be built on the SHRINE PvE server.
  • Build must follow all applicable server rules (distance to towns, content, etc)
  • Teams may be a max of 5 people. These are the only players who will receive rewards of the competition.
  • No limit on size, however build boundary must be clearly defined (sign/torch combos)
  • Teams are allowed to purchase materials from players, as well as receive donations.
  • Following the competition, these builds will function as players structures, and may not be claimed without explicit permission from all team members.
Judging considerations:
  • Builds must be complete. No empty shells of buildings.
  • Must follow the theme of the competition.
  • Builds will be graded on the following scale:
    • Focus on theme (5 points)
    • Completeness (5 points)
    • Originality (10 points)
    • Architectural quality (10 points)
    • Unusual use of blocks (5 points)
    • Player poll (5, 3, 1 point depending on place)
Rewards:

1st place
  • Title [Master Builder] until the next competition
  • 1000s each
  • Individuals immortalized on a trophy board in the Shrine spawn
2nd place
  • 800s each
3rd place
  • 400s each

Team Instructions:
  1. Reply with the following information (1-5 members per team):

• Team Name: NameGoesHere

1. Player1
  2. Player2
  3. Player3
  4. Player4
  5. Player5
2. Search Shrine for the location you wish to build. You may not build over towns or existing structures.
3. Clearly delineate your build area using signs and torches. Clear trees/terrain if you need to.
4. Before the end of the prep week, edit your application post with the x,y,z coordinate inside your build area.
5. A region will be created that only your team members can build in.​

• ONCE THE COMPETITION HAS STARTED, THE MEMBER ACCESS WILL NOT BE CHANGED
  • If you need to adjust your build area, open a petition in your region AND post on this thread requesting it. Be sure to update your boundary markers first.
  • Don't claim excessive amounts of land just to claim it. This region will be removed at the end of the competition, anyway.

@Heralds @Guides Use hc.to/build to promote

@Moderators @Admins @Founder
Fantastic! Did not get a Guide alert though.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Just assuming that items are not provided since I didn't notice any mention of it in the OP.

Gonna try to create a blog post for this today or tomorrow, depends wether I bring my laptop or not to my vacation home this weekend.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
It is located in Shrine. You must collect your own materials, or get them from other players. You will not be granted Creative.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I'll be looking for a team for this - PM meif you're looking for members!

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
@Jonsoon, @Eldrylars, @LightningCape. Are any of you interested?
I've been meaning to get back into building, hyperion definitely needs some work, but just polling for interest.

Hmm, it's possible with a team it might be fun. I will leave the lead up to you, if we can get at least 4 active builders who want to participate I would join in too. ;)

@Alator, if a player decides to "go it alone" and wins 1st place, does he then get all 5000 souls?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Hmm, it's possible with a team it might be fun. I will leave the lead up to you, if we can get at least 4 active builders who want to participate I would join in too. ;)

@Alator, if a player decides to "go it alone" and wins 1st place, does he then get all 5000 souls?
No. The competition is meant for 5-man teams, but we are allowing less to give people who are really ambitions a chance to build something. Rewards are per player.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
@Jonsoon, @Eldrylars, @LightningCape. Are any of you interested?
I've been meaning to get back into building, hyperion definitely needs some work, but just polling for interest.

Go team architect!

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I won't be building, but redstone blocks could potentially be good here. Spruce wood as well. Hardened Clay and Tinted Glass could all also be good, I believe. Just for some inspiration or something. Maybe Beacons could be used as a fancy lightsource.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Looking for team, specialty is Small-Scale-Statues and Wall Bitch Work.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
What's going on with this? Are there any teams building?