• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft and the future of MMORPG Minecraft

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
[USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] | [USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] | [USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
Alright, so this has been on my mind a bit, about what Herocraft is, the player-base and how to make people happy without sacrificing our core concepts of being a hardcore server, appeal to most aspects of game-play and so forth.

Herocraft will present three basic servers for in its ultimate and complete vision.

Central Hub - gateway between servers and entry point for new players to see the amazing architectural work and more of Herocraft.
  • This connects to other servers, including Adventure and Survival.
  • May have different plugins for players to toy around with if one of their servers is down.
  • May or may not have a trade area.

Survival RPG (Valorium) - The conflicted, contested, mining, death filled world, primarily focused on Conquest and Creation. This server will focus on players building their own communities, moderating themselves and enjoying the basic Minecraft Survival game-play with a great addition of classes, custom items, some bosses and castle conquest. PVP will be on, in 95% of the server.
  • Conquest - claiming castles in the name of your King (or queen), claiming castles yield a passive gain of money every one hour you have control of it. At any time a township will be able to "claim" the castle so you have to fight. There are 3 castles on the map.
  • Economic Warfare - ability to hit your enemies where it hurts, the wallet-maker. You can lay siege upon their structures to draw out your enemy to defend themselves. Draining power and in turn item-creation is an effective route to disarming your opponents.
  • Material Gain - trading between townships just got more spirited. You will now have to transport items between Townships or NPC villages to gain a massive bonus for delivering items. Beware! other players may be waiting for you. When holding delivery you will be slowed 50% and unable to quick travel (teleport or groupteleport). A player with a delivery item will have special effects around them, denoting that a pack is in transit or being held. Other players can claim the packs!
Adventure RPG (Zolaria) - is what we've been building up to, little by little, with over two years in development and a lot more man hours, it is the experience for players to see how we want a game to be played. The primary focus is exploration and questing.
PVE will be 95% of this server.
  • Difficult Bosses and Dungeons
  • Natural Progression Route
  • Expensive Real Estate
  • Static and Randomized Quests!
  • NPC Villages and Hubs
  • Progressive items
  • PVP Arenas and Conflicted Dungeons

I believe that Herocraft is one of the best communities and server clusters out there. We're definitely the oldest running. I hope you share my vision of what a community should be and will enjoy what we have to offer everyone.

TLDR: Survival (Valorium) will be going full PVP-On around the time Adventure (Zolaria) is released. Our focus will be shifting to speed the completion of Adventure but we will not forget about Survival. Moderators and Admins will be in full force for Survival as always.

Adventure Alpha #1- released in a month. Alpha #2 then Closed Beta #1, Closed Beta #2, Open Beta > Release
ETA is 3 months to Open Beta, if things go well.
Survival changes will hopefully run alongside the release of Adventure.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
tumblr_miaq1nhrVs1qjbsm8o1_500.gif

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
So with a new map and the current map becoming pvp is anything reset? levels, towns, money and so on?

Xelarator1

Obsidian
When will these visions finally come to light? In a few weeks? Months? Next year? Is there anything I can do to help speed up the process?

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
what about perhaps expanding war to the north temporarily, so we can at least have some fun every 4 hours =D

IeatMelons

Iron
So with a new map and the current map becoming pvp is anything reset? levels, towns, money and so on?
I would also like to know this as well. I'd hate to spend quite some time starting on a town just to have it all reset soon