• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 7.0 Patch

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Below are the series of changes coming in for Herocraft 7.0.
- PVE and PVP are now on the same unified server/world, separate by a massive ocean, connected by trade-district.
- Custom items will now be dropping from special monsters called "MythicMob Bosses" -- these will be in special dungeons and more.
- Trade district plots will be greatly reduced in price but keep the same duration.
- Premium packages higher tiers have changed to not be time based, but instead be reward based all with a set duration (1 month).

Heroes:
- All classes now master at level 60.
- All classes have had levels and skills adjusted for the new level cap of 60.
- Samurai reintroduced with limited skills (some placeholders)
- EXP reduced to reach level 100 reduced by 50,000xp. (Cap is still 60-65)
- Endurance no longer affects armor weight.
- Each set has base armor that they can wear.
- Level-up no longer grants attribute points.
- Attributes can be modified by using spell-buffs and custom items found by exploring.
- Shaman's base range for totems have been increased to 10 (offensive) and 20 (support)
- Warriors now have different armor sets.
- Smiths no longer have the ability to Engrave items (due to the pending custom items release)

- Removed certain plugins to ensure stability.
- Several minor adjustments to combat lag.

- Re-added skills and plugins the offending code has been removed that caused server lag.

- Removed boats due to server crashes.

- Re-implemented Bounty system and hot-fixed Townships permission errors.
- Config fixes for Heroes based on @WitchOnaRampage's suggestions.
- Implemented the Christmas Event (hc.to/xmas) and kicked off 30% off on store!

- Removed No_PvP effect from housing in Townships
- Adjusted class-based structures and residences to cost 1 soul so they show up in /to shop
- Adjusted Metropolis limits slightly
- Fixed improper references. Towns should now be able to create Warehouses.
- Samurai's Masamune healing and speed bonus reduced to 7.5s
- Supporters now have a bypass to the chat filter (GC blues!)

7.0.6 (Townships 3.1 update)

Housing
  • Houses unlock costs reduced to 1 soul
  • Altered required building blocks to 1 bed, 1 workbench, 1 furnace, 1 chest, and 1 wallsign per population gain of the structure (this includes inn and barracks).
Town Infrastructure
Altered the costs for upgrading a town (the total cost remains the same, just how you are paying for it was adjusted):
  • All Infrastructure and Region unlock fees are 1 soul.
  • Council Rooms costs 2000 souls. The tribe tribe region itself costs 1 soul. This is essentially the same cost as before, it just moved the fee into the creation of the councilroom.
  • Hamlet region cost adjusted to 2000 souls.
  • Village region cost adjusted to 3350 souls.
  • Town Hall costs 4500 souls. Town region costs 1 soul.
  • City Hall costs 8000 souls. City regions cost 1 soul.
  • Capital Building costs 12,000 souls. Metropolis region costs 1 soul.
New Structure
  • Campsite: adds 1 population at the expense of 10 power.
Other changes
  • Reduced radius of inn and barracks regions to 6.
  • Reduced radius of hospital to 10.
  • Updated Council Room+ tooltip to clarify the use of redstone in the chest (it drains your money for power regeneration and poison defense)
  • Prevented Residences from being built within a township (I think).
  • Altered some more required blocks.
  • Text edits/updates to in-game help and info GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xhazed

Portal
When you say we can find itemd by "exploring" does that mean we can find them in dungeon chests or something like that

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Below are the series of changes coming in for Herocraft 7.0.
- Samurai re-introduced with limited skills (some place holders
- EXP reduced to level 100 reduced by 50,000xp.
Two quick questions, can we get the list of skills including the placeholders?

And I'm not sure if I'm reading the second part wrong, what does "reduced to level 100" saying

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Two quick questions, can we get the list of skills including the placeholders?

And I'm not sure if I'm reading the second part wrong, what does "reduced to level 100" saying
You can't get a list of skills, because I'm back from the dead (read: laziness) to do a couple.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Why the lowering of the cap? XP reasons?

Also, is Bard's best weapon supposed to be Juke/Noteblock? It was Music Disc before.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Why the lowering of the cap? XP reasons?

Also, is Bard's best weapon supposed to be Juke/Noteblock? It was Music Disc before.
"Best weapons" are being removed in favor of Custom items setup. The damage spread on items will be the "best" wep --- however, this is still ongoing development with custom items.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Are normal weapon drops from mobs still going to drop like katana's and stuff @Kainzo

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
"Best weapons" are being removed in favor of Custom items setup. The damage spread on items will be the "best" wep --- however, this is still ongoing development with custom items.
Ok. But how are regular weps gonna work? Ie: Custom Item > Disc > Juke/Note > Dia sword etc?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Weapons will have a damage "spread" so when you swing, it'll have a chance to deal between X and Y damage.
Will it be different for each weapon? Ex: diamond sword 10-15, wood sword 1-3?

I know how damage will work with spread. But will higher tier weapons still be a Turing without custom items?

Xhazed

Portal
So we are going to have to count on getting the highest hit your sword can deal everytime, thats not good i think pvpers will prefer a set one so that its based out of skill not luck

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
yeah not really a fan of random weapon spread. Pretty much no different than an RNG dice roll for critical hit.

Ruger392

Obsidian
So we are going to have to count on getting the highest hit your sword can deal everytime, thats not good i think pvpers will prefer a set one so that its based out of skill not luck
yeah not really a fan of random weapon spread. Pretty much no different than an RNG dice roll for critical hit.
We can at least give it a try first

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2

The spread will make PvPers less OP for those who have less experience in combat (like me :p) and give lower leveled people a chance against higher leveled people. And lets be honest, who on PvP is actually not a completely experienced player like Coolbeans? Not a great amount of people I'd say (excluding noobs who stay on the server for like 10 minutes).