• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Hero Craft] How do I use blood Mage properly?

petethepug

Wood
So I gotten to about level 7 blood mage from killing things in a dungeon (I nearly died, and my friend died xD), and I can't seem to figure out how to heal others with Infuse, or equip passive ability's on my Diamond Hoe
"[Infuse] petethepug is using infuse on petethepug!"
If you are not well aware with infuse, infuse is a ability for blood mage that allows you to heal others for manna, or your self when wounded, vast it does very little help. But it will tend to help my friend out since he can use summon arrow, and deal massive damage compared to me.

And a quick "How to use guide" generally what do you do typically with the class, do you shoot out blood to others, and hit them, hit them with your hoe? Run away like a coward? There's so many questions in the world ._.

Thanks, :3.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
If you have the macros mod from the technic launcher, you can make a bind to the button "C" like - /skill infuse (urfriendsname) this will allow you to heal him if you see him just by pushing the button. With your hoe, just type /bind siphonblood of whatever that skill is and right click. Someone might be able to explain the macro mod better than me but y'know... If you're asking how do you play BM effectively - I can't help you 'cause I haven't played BM since it's rework years back.

MajDeath

Portal
1. SiphonBlood and CombustBlood are your bread and butter skills for gaining BloodUnion stacks.
2. You don't equip passive abilities, they are passive for a reason.
3. Infusion is crap in every way shape and form, tiny heal, tiny range. Though if you are having trouble healing a friend type /skill infusion *targets name* Likewise you can bind that command to an item by doing /bind infusion *targets name* and then right click.
4. Leveling Bloodmage is a bitch however you look at it, friends are a good thing.
5. Once you get BoilBlood everyone will love you.
6. MACROS!

petethepug

Wood
If you have the macros mod from the technic launcher, you can make a bind to the button "C" like - /skill infuse (urfriendsname) this will allow you to heal him if you see him just by pushing the button. With your hoe, just type /bind siphonblood of whatever that skill is and right click. Someone might be able to explain the macro mod better than me but y'know... If you're asking how do you play BM effectively - I can't help you 'cause I haven't played BM since it's rework years back.
1. SiphonBlood and CombustBlood are your bread and butter skills for gaining BloodUnion stacks.
2. You don't equip passive abilities, they are passive for a reason.
3. Infusion is crap in every way shape and form, tiny heal, tiny range. Though if you are having trouble healing a friend type /skill infusion *targets name* Likewise you can bind that command to an item by doing /bind infusion *targets name* and then right click.
4. Leveling Bloodmage is a bitch however you look at it, friends are a good thing.
5. Once you get BoilBlood everyone will love you.
6. MACROS!
How exactly do you get the modpack?
I would appreciate that a lot <3.

Deaky04

TNT
@petethepug if you wanted to choose a healing class, this is not a good healing class. It only has 3 heals none are AoE and one of them is shit *cough Infusion cough* Bloodmage is not a good healer class. If you want to be a good healer go cleric

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
@petethepug if you wanted to choose a healing class, this is not a good healing class. It only has 3 heals none are AoE and one of them is shit *cough Infusion cough* Bloodmage is not a good healer class. If you want to be a good healer go cleric
But it's a really good support ;)

Deaky04

TNT
@minimike96 not really more damage and run but blood bond is nice and I like the idea of BloodUnion, but Bloodmage needs a new healing spell. They should put it under caster till then if they even give BM a update. And infusion is still shit they should make infusion into a AoE heal

Last edited:

Dewyn

Retired Staff
@minimike96 not really more damage and run but blood bond is nice and I like the idea of BloodUnion, but Bloodmage needs a new healing spell. They should put it under caster till then if they even give BM a update. And infusion is still shit they should make infusion into a AoE heal
Uh, Bloodmage is an amazing support. Not the strongest healer (the award for that goes to Cleric, although Druid doesn't do a bad job either) but if you've ever had a bloodmage in a team fight it's pretty damn effective between BloodBond and BoilBlood.

Infusion needs a fix though. It's just not worth it as it stands.

MajDeath

Portal
No AoE heals.. have you ever heard of BloodBond? BloodMages are great offensive healers, being able to toss out large AoE heals when they land a group BoilBlood. Also, Infusion BloodRitual BloodBond and BloodGift makes 4 heals.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
As most have stated: BloodBond, BloodUnion, and BloodBoil.
A BM can do a shit ton of AoE healing if given the right set up. I love running with a BM. I give him infinite mana, he gives me infinite health.