• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Great way for server to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMJay

Portal
I was thinking of way for HeroCraft to raise money for better servers and such, and I was hit with an amazing idea. Now recently I was g-muted for a reason that I don't know and I have seen a lot of people getting banned. Now usually someone who gets banned or muted will no longer be willing to contribute to the server through donating. For just 20 bucks players could buy unbans and unmutes! Got banned for using kill aura while afk at spawn? Just pay 20 bucks to herocraft and you're back in. Got muted for trolling too hard? 10 USD and you're back in chat. Think of the possibilities players like @Ritzierben and @CoolBeans279 would turn into a solid source of income for the server. Hell even @munchlaxhero would be donating significant money to the server. This idea is great I see now flaws in it.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I was thinking of way for HeroCraft to raise money for better servers and such, and I was hit with an amazing idea. Now recently I was g-muted for a reason that I don't know and I have seen a lot of people getting banned. Now usually someone who gets banned or muted will no longer be willing to contribute to the server through donating. For just 20 bucks players could buy unbans and unmutes! Got banned for using kill aura while afk at spawn? Just pay 20 bucks to herocraft and your back in. Got muted for trolling too hard? 10 USD and your back in chat. Think of the possibilities players like @Ritzierben and @CoolBeans279 would turn into a solid source of income for the server. Hell even @munchlaxhero would be donating significant money to the server. This idea is great I see now flaws in it.
Wat....
Why is this an idea o_o

No... just no....

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I was thinking of way for HeroCraft to raise money for better servers and such, and I was hit with an amazing idea. Now recently I was g-muted for a reason that I don't know and I have seen a lot of people getting banned. Now usually someone who gets banned or muted will no longer be willing to contribute to the server through donating. For just 20 bucks players could buy unbans and unmutes! Got banned for using kill aura while afk at spawn? Just pay 20 bucks to herocraft and your back in. Got muted for trolling too hard? 10 USD and your back in chat. Think of the possibilities players like @Ritzierben and @CoolBeans279 would turn into a solid source of income for the server. Hell even @munchlaxhero would be donating significant money to the server. This idea is great I see now flaws in it.
People are banned so they can't return to the server, and although money is good, these people are completely toxic. No one wants them to come back, and when they do, they cause even more problems. It's already miserable enough with some players getting unbanned and going right back to their old ways again. It would make the server community miserable to see people like cool beans gain a sort of immunity as long as they could keep the money flowing.

xMJay

Portal
Wat....
Why is this an idea o_o

No... just no....
It took me a while to understand what you said here...
I'm assuming you meant what. In that case I will clarify my post.

I was thinking of way for HeroCraft to raise money for better servers and such, and I was hit with an amazing idea. Now recently I was g-muted for a reason that I don't know and I have seen a lot of people getting banned. Now usually someone who gets banned or muted will no longer be willing to contribute to the server through donating. For just 20 bucks players could buy unbans and unmutes! Got banned for using kill aura while afk at spawn? Just pay 20 bucks to herocraft and your back in. Got muted for trolling too hard? 10 USD and your back in chat. Think of the possibilities players like @@Ritzierben and @@CoolBeans279 would turn into a solid source of income for the server. Hell even @@munchlaxhero would be donating significant money to the server. This idea is great I see now flaws in it.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
It took me a while to understand what you said here...
I'm assuming you meant what. In that case I will clarify my post.

I was thinking of way for HeroCraft to raise money for better servers and such, and I was hit with an amazing idea. Now recently I was g-muted for a reason that I don't know and I have seen a lot of people getting banned. Now usually someone who gets banned or muted will no longer be willing to contribute to the server through donating. For just 20 bucks players could buy unbans and unmutes! Got banned for using kill aura while afk at spawn? Just pay 20 bucks to herocraft and your back in. Got muted for trolling too hard? 10 USD and your back in chat. Think of the possibilities players like @@Ritzierben and @@CoolBeans279 would turn into a solid source of income for the server. Hell even @@munchlaxhero would be donating significant money to the server. This idea is great I see now flaws in it.
I mean, its certainly a source of income... but to what cost? Its a good idea to raise money, but it would allow people to get away with doing anything they wanted for a few bucks. I don't think it would fly very well with the playerbase ( #Revolt ) , but its a good idea if we ever really need to raise money ( Like really really ) ^_^

xMJay

Portal
I mean, its certainly a source of income... but to what cost? Its a good idea to raise money, but it would allow people to get away with doing anything they wanted for a few bucks. I don't think it would fly very well with the playerbase ( #Revolt ) , but its a good idea if we ever really need to raise money ( Like really really ) ^_^
On a serious note, some servers do this, but a player can only buy it once. This player would then be closely observed, and if they act out they just get banned permanently and lose out on some money. I've seen countless players who have done everything from hacking to duping and have been unbanned many times on herocraft because of map resets or just appealing. I'm sure some of these players would have payed some money to get unbanned. And it isn't like these players ever stay banned either(unbanned/new ips).

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
On a serious note, some servers do this, but a player can only buy it once. This player would then be closely observed, and if they act out they just get banned permanently and lose out on some money. I've seen countless players who have done everything from hacking to duping and have been unbanned many times on herocraft because of map resets or just appealing. I'm sure some of these players would have payed some money to get unbanned. And it isn't like these players ever stay banned either(unbanned/new ips).
Maybe. That might work if we only allowed it once and stuck to it.... Possibly. But idk if it would actually happen though

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
People are banned so they can't return to the server, and although money is good, these people are completely toxic. No one wants them to come back, and when they do, they cause even more problems. It's already miserable enough with some players getting unbanned and going right back to their old ways again. It would make the server community miserable to see people like cool beans gain a sort of immunity as long as they could keep the money flowing.
This.

If there are no/minor repercussions for behaving poorly then there will be less of an incentive to actually follow the rules. What if there were someone with a pretty good job but had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge vendetta against someone on the server? Go over, destroy the persons house (assuming it's not regioned) or make the landscape ugly around a house (if it's regioned). He buys back in and does it again. He might not care about playing again at all, he might just want to get that person one last time.

Bans and mutes seem reasonably fair usually. Honestly it makes my play time all the more enjoyable to not have to deal with or hear those who receive such.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
It could be a sort of rehibilitation system where they can buy back some of their rights on the server but are restricted from certain things such as towns, dungeons, etc. After so long, if he/she has proved themselves worthy, can be given full rights. These restrictions could also be used to prevent them from doing any harm if they do misuse their last chance or at least try to.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I'll agree to this if we can pay to reban them. Think of the money this endless cycle would generate.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I recon also on your T2 class, you should be aloud to buy skills. Like I am wizard and I like mobility so we can buy superjump. I recon this would be heaps of fun and i would love it. $5 a skill?? Could work.

Also if you could buy beeswarm :OO :))

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I recon also on your T2 class, you should be aloud to buy skills. Like I am wizard and I like mobility so we can buy superjump. I recon this would be heaps of fun and i would love it. $5 a skill?? Could work.

Also if you could buy beeswarm :OO :))

i'd rather buy aeromancy

Status
Not open for further replies.