• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Future towns (Haven and anything after) request

Ultanian

Portal
Raiding can be boring in today's Herocraftian world, and I would like to ask those of you who are thinking of creating a town to add a way for raiders to get something for attacking. Most towns are made as impenetrable walls, and when raiders do come, the town turtles up. I myself am guilty of this, but when I get the chance I will add a way to raid my future towns.
I'm not saying leave a gaping hole in your wall, just do something like a gate that you open/close when you are online. Also towns, you guys could create traps and such.

What is my plan for my future town?

2 levers (which are covered with dirt while I am offline) control the gate to the city. I would announce my town is raid able in chat, and say coords. Raiders must flip these levers and get past traps to get inside, although they will only be able to take a small portion I have set aside for them.

I really hope this will catch on, raiding and defending would be so much more fun and part of the community.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
If you think raiding can be boring in herocraft, you are fighting the wrong people.

Ultanian

Portal
If you think raiding can be boring in herocraft, you are fighting the wrong people.
Not all people I know, but there are many towns that just build a dome or have really big walls. They just hide whenever someone comes to attack...

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Announcing that your town is raidable is not the same as having an open, raidable town. What you are basically saying is that you will allow people to raid your town, but only when you say its okay.

If people come to Volantis or any other AD town with a group, we will almost always retaliate once we are geared.

Towns provide protection. Why would someone want to join a town where they would be living in constant fear of being raided?

Xhazed

Portal
Announcing that your town is raidable is not the same as having an open, raidable town. What you are basically saying is that you will allow people to raid your town, but only when you say its okay.

If people come to Volantis or any other AD town with a group, we will almost always retaliate once we are geared.

Towns provide protection. Why would someone want to join a town where they would be living in constant fear of being raided?
But you guys dont make it fair you guys bring like 20 people to take on 2 raiders

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
But you guys don't make it fair you guys bring like 20 people to take on 2 raiders
It's not fair they have people to defend their town?
Honestly you cant ask for people to defend towns or PvP but complain when the entire town is killing you. That's what happens when you get inside a town, every able bodied member tried to kill you and remove you. Even if you're not inside and just outside the walls, the town will try to kill you.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
But you guys dont make it fair you guys bring like 20 people to take on 2 raiders
When you attack the largest most populated town in the entire server you should expect nothing more than to be outnumbered. Even if Volantis itself doesn't have many members online you should plan for any able body member of Hyperion, Sentinel, or Prometheus to rally to the defense.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
When you attack the largest most populated town in the entire server you should expect nothing more than to be outnumbered. Even if Volantis itself doesn't have many members online you should plan for any able body member of Hyperion, Sentinel, or Prometheus to rally to the defense.
There were 6 of us in a swamp last night. Adam came and killed one of us and threw a hissy fit when the other 5 came and killed him.