• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

EVENT: The Undying Zombie Invasion! (Ends 09/21)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ahhh Zombies!
Minecraft just got a little scarier for Herocraft! The undying zombie invasion event has begun at 6PM CST on 09/19/14!

What to expect:
ZOMBIES! Everything you do (that grants exp) has a chance to summon a zombie or a GIANT zombie at your location on any world! THREE DAYS OF ETERNAL NIGHT!

What makes this event great?
There's a new line of EPIC weapons that will only drop during this event! They are 25% or so better than the current dropping items with new lore and names, so be sure to collect them!

What else comes with this event?
The balance patch #2 is now released (notes) and all first-swap class selections are free! (must master lostsoul). Note: Central server has free attribute resets until Sunday!
Oh yeah! and 25% off http://hc.to/exp boosts!
MOD PROMOTIONS! Welcome @strongholdx and @Irishman81 as the newlyl appointed mods!

slider.png

Last edited:

Ultanian

Portal
Zombies happen to be my most favorite thing fighting as cleric, this event should help me level quite a bit :D

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Why ? You can level farmer and your combat class at the same time :) As long as you don't get a giant zombie you should be 'fairly' safe.

And congrats stronghold and irish.

Unfortunately, it seems the spawn rate on wheat is about 50%++ chance. I could break 20 wheat over 2 seconds and have 15+ mobs every time. Those mobs then split when they die into 1-4 more. I went from 45th level to 65 in 1.3 hours last night doing that. :eek:
Impossible to harvest wheat atm :D

Congratulations @Irishman81 and @strongholdx

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I experienced this as a fun event. For the people I played with, they spent more time playing HC last weekend then they had over the past month. I would invite the HC staff to run such events *frequently* and vary them up. Certain resources are low in the HC world (sulfur, string, and magma cream for example), and to vary this in such a way that it would be "creepers and spiders" or "ghasts and magma cubes" would be a delightful way to get some xp and also replentish the world with resources that are helpful (and sometimes essential) to the HC community.

It would be nice to brainstorm and figure out how to make a similar event on the crafting xp side of the spectrum (versus the class xp) that would work with the current and varied scheme of the crafting xp distribution. One event that I see would be a farming event where xp is tripled or quadrupled for "anything farming" including breeding, wood chopping, and harvesting. This would give a certain class (farmers) a special boost for a weekend, but others could also get the xp from wood chopping and harvesting. It also would allow the farmers to be in the spotlight for a weekend. Other classes could have a similar experience in the future (i.e. lots of xp for every runestone made; bonus xp for every enchantment/disenchantment; lots of xp for every gate/lift/contraption created; bonus xp for every ore mined; lots of xp for every chest shop created).

Thanks again for the event. :)

-yav