• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Event: Assassination

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is a solo event that I will be hosting.
The event will run from 5PM CST on the 27th of July and end at 5PM CST on the 29th.
The winner will be announced shortly after the event has ended.

Winners:
1st: Bedbreath
2nd: Bingy1218
3rd: Pewpewpewlasers

Rules:
Each player will receive one life and a contract.
Each contract will contain a player's name, You must hunt down and kill the target listed on your contract.
You lose your life when you are killed by a player holding your contract.
If you lose your life you are now out of the event.
If you kill your target send a screenshot with a time stamp in a PM to both me and @Angyles so that no one can be accused of rigging the event.
Once we have confirmed your kill you will receive your target's contract.
If you're caught ganging up on other contestants with friends you will be disqualified and your current contract will be passed to the player holding your contract.

Winning and Scoring:
The 1st place prize will go to the last man standing.
In the event there is more than one person alive at the end of the event the winner will be decided by the scoring system.
You gain points for completing your contracts. For each completed contract you gain 1 point.
You can gain an additional point by completing a contract within an hour of receiving it.
Players that also survive the event will receive 2 additional points.

Entry Fee and Prizes:
The entry fee will be 75c per person.
Entrance fees should be paid to me and me only. Please take a screenshot as proof if I'm not responding.
100% of the gathered entry fees will be put into the prize pool.
The prizes will be cuts of the total prize pool so the more people that enter the more you win!
There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.

1st Place: 60% of the prize pool
2nd Place: 30% of the prize pool
3rd Place 10% of the prize pool

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I am excited to see how this goes. Would be fun to hold this on a continual basis.

Also gives a chance for someone who does not normally PVP in a group ((CougheveryonebuttheTCsCough =P)) to win some coin ^^

Digger360

Obsidian
Couldn't players still group up, and ensure that the final blow goes to the person holding the contract?

This doesn't limit groups.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Couldn't players still group up, and ensure that the final blow goes to the person holding the contract?

This doesn't limit groups.
This is true but as a player run event I don't see how I could do much about that. It'll just turn into a he said she said squabble if we try and limit it.

Though I suppose I could set something up that the killer is given the benefit of the doubt unless the target can provide proof.

This is a test run for the event so we're still hammering out the rules a bit.
The rules will not change after the event has started though.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Paid and ready to go!

I am excited to see how this goes. Would be fun to hold this on a continual basis.

Also gives a chance for someone who does not normally PVP in a group ((CougheveryonebuttheTCsCough =P)) to win some coin ^^

But how else would we have afforded our TC Temple? :D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hunting with friends is unavoidable, but maybe add as clarification to the rule the screenshot must clearly show the hunter getting in the killing blow on the contract. Will make it a little harder for groups to organize the kill.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I want in on this.

Should I just send you 100c Danda?
Yes
If I don't get enough interest I'll hand the money back to everyone.

malmenca

Diamond
Th event could run into problems if a players target logs in for like 10 minutes over the course of the two days. It ruins that persons chances.

@Danda How could u curb this from happening? It would be very very bothersome to have a target not log in. Or sit in spawn for two days (which is very much probable for some ppl.)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How will the targets be decided? I'm assuming by using those who join as the marks, but just checking. ;)
Only those who enter the competition will be listed as a mark.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Will there be a restricted area that this event will be taking place in? I mean it would be cheap if someone sat in their personal region/town/spawn as already said. Also: I'mma record this event and post it on my Youtube channel. I think it would be cool if people could record first person PoV videos (like I am doing) then send them to me so I could make a thread and playlist of a bunch of players PoV's. If anyone is interested in that please let me know, as I would be happy to do that. :D