• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Dungeons] Mob armor value

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
The classes seem to be primarily balance for pvp, so I've been thinking about what differences between pvp and pve might result in some classes being good or bad at dungeons. One easy difference I thought of is armor; magic damage bypasses armor, while physical damage does not. This means that casters' damage relative to other classes is dependent upon its enemies having armor. If dungeon mobs had the armor of a ranger for example, all classes other than casters would receive a damage nerf in dungeons.

I propose mobs be given light armor and reduced health to balance the magic-physical damage ratio between players and mobs.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
The classes seem to be primarily balance for pvp, so I've been thinking about what differences between pvp and pve might result in some classes being good or bad at dungeons. One easy difference I thought of is armor; magic damage bypasses armor, while physical damage does not. This means that casters' damage relative to other classes is dependent upon its enemies having armor. If dungeon mobs had the armor of a ranger for example, all classes other than casters would receive a damage nerf in dungeons.

I propose mobs be given light armor and reduced health to balance the magic-physical damage ratio between players and mobs.
Just. Stop. It's balanced because you'll deal the equivalent to 11-12 hits in one single burst, from a much farther distance. So damage nerf my ass, because you can just sit back and pelt them with fireballs from a ways away.

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
Just. Stop. It's balanced because you'll deal the equivalent to 11-12 hits in one single burst, from a much farther distance. So damage nerf my ass, because you can just sit back and pelt them with fireballs from a ways away.
You were in the other thread; you should know wizard's low health more than compensates for their ranged attacks because mobs have undodgeable skills. I'm getting a damage nerf too; I'm a Ranger.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
You were in the other thread; you should know wizard's low health more than compensates for their ranged attacks because mobs have undodgeable skills. I'm getting a damage nerf too; I'm a Ranger.
I'm sure they have undodgable skills, yes, but you're speaking only for wizard, other casters have no problem with mobs, and if you play wiz right, a lot of mobs can't handle wiz, especially the physical class mobs. All the mobs have different classes, so you might struggle to kill, say, a ranger type class because he can hit you from afar. I don't think there is a damage nerf, I find your statement flawed.

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
I don't think there is a damage nerf, I find your statement flawed.
More armor = physical damage nerf. I don't really notice it though; the leather armor doesn't help them much against my arrows.
We are putting on leather armor (mainly for looks) on mobs, just havent done the configs yet.
It looks great though; definitely a cosmetic improvement. I think 1.9 will let you customize the armor values, as you probably already know.

I'm sure they have undodgable skills, yes, but you're speaking only for wizard, other casters have no problem with mobs, and if you play wiz right, a lot of mobs can't handle wiz, especially the physical class mobs. All the mobs have different classes, so you might struggle to kill, say, a ranger type class because he can hit you from afar. I don't think there is a damage nerf, I find your statement flawed.
Yeah, there's absolutely no problem with physical class minions. The rangers are more difficult, but still manageable if you keep moving (this would be the skill aspect of playing the class). The instant damage skills that elites use (bosses too, but soloing bosses doesn't need class balance so much) are impossible to play.

To make mobs similar to players and rebalance everything, we'd have to increase mob speed and give them all heavier armor. I think we can do the latter without drastically altering dungeon gameplay.