• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid and Bloodmage Ragie-ish post

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Bloodmage and Druid are Both jokes, people complain about the other 2 healers But Nah man all healers look at bloodmages damage which is insane with like 20 wisdom Bloodritual Is 240 Mana and it heals Like half your Health Instant!

Druid Just has Crazy damage combined with Good heals, I mean its a good idea to give a healer a 135-150 damage skills right?

So how about Bloodritual gets a warm up heals a little less and Gets a longer cd then 20 seconds.

How about We Change ire to 60 damage and keep its current scaling. (Maybe change bolts damage too)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Bloodmage and Druid are Both jokes, people complain about the other 2 healers But Nah man all healers look at bloodmages damage which is insane with like 20 wisdom Bloodritual Is 240 Mana and it heals Like half your Health Instant!

Druid Just has Crazy damage combined with Good heals, I mean its a good idea to give a healer a 135-150 damage skills right?

So how about Bloodritual gets a warm up heals a little less and Gets a longer cd then 20 seconds.

How about We Change ire to 60 damage and keep its current scaling. (Maybe change bolts damage too)
I've never really played bloodmage so I can't give good input there, but I have played Druid.
In all honesty, the only person that I have seen complain about Druid damage is you, and sometimes me. Like you said, the class has extreme kiting potential with some good damage with bolt/ire. Some of the other discussion I've seen in game has shown that people think Druid Damage is too LOW, and overall it's a hard class. I know you, I, and some others disagree, but it's probably because we have played the class for a long time and are good with it. When I look at Druids damage though, I don't look at ire but at bolt. A lock on skill with good damage and not too high of a cooldown is really good, and just adds to kiting.

Bottom line, balance team is looking at the healers and we will work our hardest to make the classes both balanced but also fun to play.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!

Bloodritual basically has a warmup, for it to be good it has to have at least 3 blood union. That includes warmups and a cooldown. Bloodmage also doesn't have any good self heals other then blood ritual. It's more of a situational skill do you use a quarter of your mana to heal yourself or do you use your AoE to try and take out your enemy first.

I wouldn't mind a warm up for blood ritual, but I really wouldn't want anything "nerfed" after that. It needs its DPS and low cooldown high damaging skills to stay alive. It has little cc and can be a pain to kite with. It has a good trade off of being good in team fights, but its pretty bad at soloing.

iceball626

Iron

It's like your targeting the classes I want to be xP

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Druid
  • By simply reducing/nerfing the damage you are going to make the class seem weak. It will be the exact same situation right now just that the Druid is doing no damage
  • If entangle gets a warmup its going to be able to output the same amount of damage while their kiting may be harder to do
  • The entangle change will not 'fix' Druid simply because there is no good way to break the play style. It will hopefully help but not destroy the class.
  • It deserves a rework
Bloodmage
  • If you want to use BloodRitual (or BloodBoil) you need to get off 3 warmup skills in a row (wait too long and you lose your stacks) so that is a cooldown as it is. Sure you could increase the CD or give it a warmup but that is not going to accomplish anything. All it will do is make Bloodmage struggle even more against classes with interrupts/silences
  • I personally believe that Bloodmage needs to lose some damage and DPS in return for better heals (mainly buffing BloodBond); to better fulfil a 'healer' or 'support' role in a teamfight

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Druid
  • By simply reducing/nerfing the damage you are going to make the class seem weak. It will be the exact same situation right now just that the Druid is doing no damage
  • If entangle gets a warmup its going to be able to output the same amount of damage while their kiting may be harder to do
  • The entangle change will not 'fix' Druid simply because there is no good way to break the play style. It will hopefully help but not destroy the class.
  • It deserves a rework
Bloodmage
  • If you want to use BloodRitual (or BloodBoil) you need to get off 3 warmup skills in a row (wait too long and you lose your stacks) so that is a cooldown as it is. Sure you could increase the CD or give it a warmup but that is not going to accomplish anything. All it will do is make Bloodmage struggle even more against classes with interrupts/silences
  • I personally believe that Bloodmage needs to lose some damage and DPS in return for better heals (mainly buffing BloodBond); to better fulfil a 'healer' or 'support' role in a teamfight
Agree with this but keep in mine on bloodboil/bloodritual Siphon/ Combust (I think On combust not 100% sure) ranges scale, my siphon had a 13 block range last time I checked So 13 block range 5 sec (I think) cd 1.5 second warmup around 100 damage Heals me for like 80 + you can thicken blood and Make sprinting not work making kiting easier, I think if bloodmages damage was reduced some people that play it would get kinda ragie but I mean looking at its damage isn't BoilBLood kinda like plaguebomb? TBH To me it seems like and easier wizard with heals, But I think the Kiting system in general isn't a Fun Aspect of PvP, Its Not fun to kite IMO and the classes that do Not Kite can have a hardtime getting ontop of someone and/or staying there. (This is Why even though I downright Hate them, stuns are needed)

edit* hmm maybe ill make a post asking for dk shadowstep back cuz Paladin has Divine Stun and Reckoning, Berserker has Lunge and Rupture (Rupture debatable I guess) Dragoon has Jump Runeblade Has Blink Bard has accelerando Ninja has Backflip/Grapplinghook heck even Pyro has enderpearls and a stun to get close, Dk is like the melee that was left out *Sigh* D: