• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Dragoons 'Charge' Bugs.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
With a bit of help from some friends, I decided to carry out some tests on the Dragoon skill 'Charge' and these were my conclusions:

When using 'Charge' whilst standing still, you will hop forward about half a block towards the target and there will be no stun on the target.​
When using 'Charge' whilst running, you will experience a very small jump which will take you a couple blocks behind the target and there will be no stun on the target.​
When using 'Charge' whilst running and jumping, you will experience (again) a small jump that will land you a couple blocks behind the target BUT you will receive up to 3 hearts damage from this tiny fall (as a lvl 52 Dragoon). There will also be no stun on the target.​
Personally, I would love to see the return of the old 'Charge' we all loved on Zeal where you would be teleported behind your target, which lead to some awesome urban Dragoon combat xD​
Just my thoughts!​
<3 Trop​

The toolitp says "You charge toward your target!" which makes me wonder if charge was intentionally made into a targeted(but sad) jump. As it stands I and all the dragoons I know only use charge as a joke. Jump just does the job better.

The old wiki entry said that it teleported you up to 15 blocks to behind your target and stunned them for five seconds. Jump has a low cooldown I feel that charge, without the stun, is redundant. On the other hand, with both of the new damaging skills we have recieved plus impale and goold ol'e leftclick we do way too much damage to warrant the stun. I feel that the best solution is to take away one of the new damaging skills and restore the stun.

Honestly I'd even be happy with just a melee range stun like the old broken charge at the beginning of dragongarde.
It would cast and fail at any range more than melee and waste resources but, if you managed to cast charge on the enemy point blank, they got stunned. It was costly too so it had a great risk/reward balance built in.

I feel the old broken charge stun in place of strike is a great way to balance our currently high burst damage and give us back an old friend.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Personally, I would love to see the return of the old 'Charge' we all loved on Zeal where you would be teleported behind your target, which lead to some awesome urban Dragoon combat xD
Just my thoughts!

Teleport charge isn't coming back. - I haven't had time to work on charge's mechanics and yes it's not working right at the moment.