• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple vs Ranger Melee, Why Disciple Nerfed?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok so Im going to try not to rage but.... why is disciple getting a damage nerf? I mean yeah with 16 str its goes from like 56 to 54 which isn't much But its stupid, the fact that ranger has more base melee damage with their DIAMOND tier weapon then disciple does with its gold tier, then ranger has more armor weight and only 35 less health, can anyone explain this to me? Honestly I cant think of any reason why rangers melee is so strong and its that tanky..

So My Suggestion is don't lower Disciple's Melee

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe they plan on making disciple an actual support...

From test (I'm guessing this is where you are getting this from):

Blaze Rod: 50.15
Diamond Axe: 58.25
Gold Axe: 66.15

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
But the point is Disciple ISNT A SUPPORT just because it has heals dosnt make it a support @malikdanab its supposed do be like a healer rogue. NOT EVERY HEALER HAS TO BE A SUPPORT

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Disciple is under the Healer base of classes (now technically Support), it's the only class that doesn't play actual support, so they're gonna make it an actual support. I agree with LightningCape, the fire damage is kinda viable and can get annoying, thus it makes up for Disciple's low damage in a way.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Its kind of pointless damage reduction. It is not enough to make a difference, but enough to question why it was done. But since sharpness does not work on blaze rods, and quivering palm's special damage increasing affect is also broken we are lacking some left click damage.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
There are so many supposed "balance changes" on test that make no sense. Would be nice if Kainzo documented these changes and explained why they where implemented.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
There are so many supposed "balance changes" on test that make no sense. Would be nice if Kainzo documented these changes and explained why they where implemented.
That would be helpful to point out changes for later use | But it takes a lot to document it if the reason is constantly changing

Avoir

Obsidian
Its kind of pointless damage reduction. It is not enough to make a difference, but enough to question why it was done. But since sharpness does not work on blaze rods, and quivering palm's special damage increasing affect is also broken we are lacking some left click damage.
Are you really complaining about disciples left click dmg? Disciples base dmg with a blaze rod is 50 dmg, higher than any other warrior class besides dragoon which is basically the left click class of the game ( other than ninja and rune blade.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Are you really complaining about disciples left click dmg? Disciples base dmg with a blaze rod is 50 dmg, higher than any other warrior class besides dragoon which is basically the left click class of the game ( other than ninja and rune blade.
pretty sure both dks and paladins are like 45-49ish and berserkers might be around it and both dk and paladin tanks, berserker scales with health loss, so yeah

Avoir

Obsidian
pretty sure both dks and paladins are like 45-49ish and berserkers might be around it and both dk and paladin tanks, berserker scales with health loss, so yeah

So you're telling me a healer class should have more base dmg skill and item wise than a warrior plus a spam able heal? And you then proceed on saying that it needs more dmg? I don't know about anyone els but that's probably the dumbest thing I have heard.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
In what way was I complaining? I pointed out a few things. And yes, I do think that Disciple should do more damage than a warrior because it lacks the tankiness (mainly the damn armor weight) of a warrior class. Disciple is meant to be a fighting class, hence why it does not have any major heals. Every single skill for Disciple to use has over a 10s CD except for smite (about 8s). With 20 strength not a single Disciple skill does over 80 damage. All the skills, but one (smite), do physical damage; meaning that a warrior's armor greatly reduces our damage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe they plan on making disciple an actual support...

From test (I'm guessing this is where you are getting this from):

Blaze Rod: 50.15
Diamond Axe: 58.25
Gold Axe: 66.15
Srry forgot to say this earlier....
If we want to play the support shouldn't do this much damage game lets take a look at bard....
(From wiki)
Bard does 60 damage per hit....
has a heal.... (not that great but can be good if u kite with it)
2 silences.....
warsong...
accelerando...

DK and paladin are 48 and berserker is 46.
I was close! :D
So you're telling me a healer class should have more base dmg skill and item wise than a warrior plus a spam able heal? And you then proceed on saying that it needs more dmg? I don't know about anyone els but that's probably the dumbest thing I have heard.
correct me if Im wrong but I don't thing I ever said it needs more damage?
And its heals arnt spammy XD, Renewal has a higher cd then absolution and heals for less I think, yeah chakra has no warm up but it only heals for like 70ish with 25ish wis so yeah not that great like man disciples heals not op that's 1-2 hits for most warrior/rogue and like 2-4 for healers and casters......
and this thread was comparing disciple to ranger not saying disciple needs more damage its saying it dosnt make sence that a RANGED (keyword RANGED) class does more melee then a melee class.

This thread isn't meant to say disciple needs a buff (I mean flyingkick could get range improved same with forcepull)
its supposed to be an easier way to comprehend rangers melee damage and how disciple shouldn't be the one getting the nerf, I could used a few different classes in rangers place, but I chose ranger cuz more people have said its OP and its a RANGED class.