• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[DH] - Quakecon 2012 - August 2nd-5th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What is Quakecon? :
The biggest LAN in the US! - over 2500 people were in the same room with their computers - utterly awesome!

Where/when is it?:
Dallas, TX (August 2 -> 5th)

How much?:
FREE

Who all is going?:
Apherdite
Kainzo
Cereal
Seyton
Duladin/Wife

Misc Info:
http://www.quakecon.org

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
*Obligatory 'Move it to Boston' comment*

Have fun!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I hate America for this, hogging all the video game conventions, events and parties to themselves! :( DAMN IT. There need to be more over here! :(

Apherdite

Queen Bee
toplogo.png

This is an event that takes place every year in Dallas, TX. It is a really great FREE PC-gaming convention. It is hosted by Bethesda, Id, and Ventrilo, as usual. There is a Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC), as usual, for anyone interested in joining in the fun of the largest LAN party in the Western Hemisphere - 2nd largest in the world, behind "The Gathering" in Norway.

There is an exhibit center that opens daily at 10am and closes at 6pm. The BYOC is open 24 hours, of course and is also free, but there are only 500 FCFS seats available this year, while the other 3000 seats have been pre-purchased. I really suggest that you join us there, if you live in Texas. It starts tomorrow morning with a 9am BYOC check-in and will end Sunday (BYOC) or Saturday (Exhibit).

If you CAN make it out one day even, I would absolutely come on Friday, as Master Pancake Theater will be performing again this year. --Last year they dubbed Twilight, and it was seriously the most enjoyable event of the Con--.

If you do choose to come, Kainzo and I will be there all week(end) in the BYOC at B35-1 and B35-2 by the NOC.

Where: Hilton Anatole - Dallas, TX

When: Tomorrow - Sunday

Why: Do you really need a reason?

More infos: http://www.quakecon.org/

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We won:
$500 cash (Apherdite beat someone in Quake)
AMD 8-3970k quad core ($120 - Apherdite)
MSI Intel motherboard ($170 - Apherdite)
10+ T-shirts from Small to XL
10+ 5 hour energies
Various Bags from vendors
Alienware Cantina
mousepads.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Damn straight lol. I had a 1/75 chance to win a supercharged Shelby Mustang, but lost to someone who needed it :)