• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Decrease severity of level spread.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Balance Team - These changes are now present on the Visions server, please check them out.
Goal - to reduce the level spread severity of players in PVP by decreasing the level gains of attack / mana / health per level.

Health gain - reduce by 50%
Mana gain - reduce by 50%
Attack per level - reduce by 50%
Increase base stats - 25%

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Just to help clarify is the goal here to make lower levels a bit stronger and keep the same amount of strength in the end? Higher base, lower scaling, same end result.

For example (random numbers used as an example for mana):
Right now
  • Base mana: 500
  • Mana per level: 8
  • Max mana (@65): 1020
How it will be
  • Base mana: 760
  • Mana per level: 4
  • Max mana (@65): 1020

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Feels good, if you get the same stats at max lvl, it would help players to lvl, mele classes are gonna love it. And LostSouls wont die from a single creeper.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Little off topic, but leads to the same problem is what llv classes get at what lvl. Some classes are frontloaded with their good skills while others don't get them to later.

What I suggest is that we go through each class and try to determine its "core" skills. We should give these skills early and give the more specialized ones later.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Little off topic, but leads to the same problem is what llv classes get at what lvl. Some classes are frontloaded with their good skills while others don't get them to later.

What I suggest is that we go through each class and try to determine its "core" skills. We should give these skills early and give the more specialized ones later.
I can agree 100% with this and normalizing things are a top priority for balance. Also unrelated, we need to push rogue changes, however, I'll be uploading a "TON" of edits to the balance repo once they're ready.