• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Cooldown fix]Thief's EscapeArtist

Jotamota3006

Glowstone
Well, as you all know, Thief has a skill called "EscapeArtist" that cancels all type of negative movement attributes. The problem is: EscapeArtist's cooldown is about 120sec (1 and a half minute) when Wizard's ROOT is 15 seconds!

This way a thief can escape the first root but afte 15 seconds he can be rooted again and can't defend himself. This kinda ruins the whole purpose of the skill, meaning you can only use it once in a combat basically.

I'm asking for a new cooldown fix into something about 10-20secs of cooldown for EscapeArtist.
Thanks!

c12095

Holy Shit!
Well, as you all know, Thief has a skill called "EscapeArtist" that cancels all type of negative movement attributes. The problem is: EscapeArtist's cooldown is about 120sec (1 and a half minute) when Wizard's ROOT is 15 seconds!

This way a thief can escape the first root but afte 15 seconds he can be rooted again and can't defend himself. This kinda ruins the whole purpose of the skill, meaning you can only use it once in a combat basically.

I'm asking for a new cooldown fix into something about 10-20secs of cooldown for EscapeArtist.
Thanks!

So you would like Wizards to be helpless to fight Thiefs/Ninjas? Theres a reason why you can't match every Root with an EscapeArtist. Thief's and Ninja's already have the skills to destroy casters in moments if not caught fast enough, by doing this you would allow the casters to have no chance of survival. Think about this from more than one perspective, just because you die to a caster doesn't mean you need a buff.

Jotamota3006

Glowstone
I just find silly to be able to use a skill but not as a paralel skill to another class. If the server didn't want Thiefs to be good against casters, there wouldn't be any skill!

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
As I was told in my last post casters aren't supposed to beat rogues meaning this would be a fair change. When I suggested more armor for ninjas/thieves I was told I wasn't supposed to beat warriors. So c12 your arguement doesn't stand

As I was told in my last post casters aren't supposed to beat rogues meaning this would be a fair change. When I suggested more armor for ninjas/thieves I was told I wasn't supposed to beat warriors. So c12 your arguement doesn't stand

You miss the point completely. there is no class that is meant to always win a fight against another class. There will always be a class(es) that has an advantage, but does NOT guarantee a win everytime.

Learn how to play your class as it is. If you find yourself getting caught in the same situation and dying, you need to rethink your strategy.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

Thanks!
Are you serious? Once the ninja or the thief uses Escapeartist, he or she should be able to have a nice easy time charging the geo or the wizard and crushing them with skills and their sword.

In the end, if ninjas do need a buff, this is definitely not the way to go.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I can beat some sami's as a ninja if I get lucky.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
You miss the point completely. there is no class that is meant to always win a fight against another class. There will always be a class(es) that has an advantage, but does NOT guarantee a win everytime.

Learn how to play your class as it is. If you find yourself getting caught in the same situation and dying, you need to rethink your strategy.

this is how i see it, if i use escape artist, then one, I have no stamina to actually take advantage of one. But if I get rooted again then bolted and fireballed, it defeats the point entirely

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
exactly, were not asking to give us massive dam increase, or higher hp. just a shorter cool down for a skill that's cool down is ridiculously long. Not even able to use twice in Any fight, unless that fight lasts more than 3 minutes

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
After you use escape artist you should be able to get close to them. That is when you completely destroy them, either with a kick then beating their face in or what ever combination works for you. Ninjas are a completely solid class at this point.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think it should be removed but I would like to see it in the 30/45 sec CD range.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
exactly, were not asking to give us massive dam increase, or higher hp. just a shorter cool down for a skill that's cool down is ridiculously long. Not even able to use twice in Any fight, unless that fight lasts more than 3 minutes
its not intended you be used more than once