• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Contest] Official Herocraft Texture Pack! (Due July 16th@5PM CST)

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
I know that you want a 16x16 Texture pack for the official contest but can we have a side contest for a 32x32 for thos who do like the higher detail and dont mind the loaders?

I just really dislike the 16x16 packs and would perfer a 32x32.

Maybe whoever wins the contest can make an aditional version that is 32x32. Just a more detailed version of the same texture pack.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Someone above said make a 32 and then just downsize it to 16. You prolly won't lose too much quality and then you can give people the 32 version OR the 16 version.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The distance between 16x16 isn't huge. What I recommend you do is design your pack in 32x32, then change the scale. Then offer both texturepacks (16x16 and 32x32). Some quality will be lost, but not a huge amount.
I like what Rightleg suggested... that works betters.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
I really want to partake in this festivity, but I am without the contraption needed to further myself in this subject.
I really want to make a texture pack for this contest, but I have no program to work with for one.
Any ideas?

use Paint.Net wonderful program, basically a free Photoshop program, all you need for skin/texture making.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
**Updated again, Notch changed the position of the Bed textures in 1.7, adjusted accordingly, and the download link now takes you to the download page properly**
**Updated my entry, added Herocraft Shield to most GUI windows (inventory, furnace, etc)**
Okay, here's my Entry to the contest, a 16x16 Final Fantasy texpack based on the SNES days.
Below are links to the direct download and the page I'm hosting it on with planetminecraft. Below that are the Screenshots and a video link.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DESCRIPTION
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-This texture pack was inspired by Final Fantasy games from the SNES era, mainly FFIV (II on the SNES) and Mystic Quest. I've been working on this for a while now, long before the contest was announced, and have decided to use this as my entry.
-It is tailored slightly for Herocraft as well, the Diamond Shovel is a Dragoon Lance, the Diamond Sword is a Dark Sword (looks like a Crystal Katana), the Bow is a War Bow, and things like that.
-The main reason I used Final Fantasy theme for my entry is because this server is heavily inspired by Final Fantasy in general, from the layout to the plugins to the Founder (Kain ftw). As such, I felt that a SNES era Final Fantasy texture pack was appropriate, and I have put alot of work into it.
-All of the armor types are the same design with different colors based on the material. I did this because most of the Classes in Heroes use pieces of different armor types so the armors need to look good when mixed.
-Creepers are Stone Creepers so they blend in better underground and provide a little more danger, Zombies are fallen heroes who came before you (Undead Dragoons), Skeletons are darkened and harder to see in the dark, adding more danger to the world, and Spiders are now Brown Recluse spiders. Slimes have been turned more brown in color as well, neutral mobs are relatively unchanged, there's no real need to change what isn't broken.

This texpak is up to date as of Beta 1.7, and I will continue to update and adjust things as needed, as I do for all my texture packs.

Download Link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/wip-final-fantasy-snes-wip/

Details Link (Vote it up if you like it please :D ): http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/wip-final-fantasy-snes-wip/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SCREENSHOTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20110625_003538_133333.png

20110625_003605_133334.png

20110625_003744_133337.png

20110625_003822_133338.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIDEO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd love to make one, but I'm artistically challenged when it comes to stuff like this :p.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
I am close to done with my 16x16 texture pack with finished terrain but not items yet im very close to done and iv done the mobs so all and i already named the title page herocraft when i began it a couple weeks ago. It does not require mcpatcher but if you want the sickest water ever use it!
I will post it soon is it okay if I also have a link to mcpatcher for those who want custom water and lava

P.S. Sic rewards !

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
And Dagoth how did you make the ice because my ice is like all strange when i try to edit it but good job il be posting mine very soon.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
well, when I do textures based on old games, I generally take screenshots of those textures I need and either use them directly, or manipulate them so they look good. The ice I chose in diagonal line style from Mystic Quest because when viewed in Minecraft from different angles, it plays an optical illusion at different distances and the ice pattern seems to change.

Also, make sure you give Ice some see-through aspect to it or you can't see anything under it.

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
Rather have a HeroCraft Texture, not a texture based off a different game not dealing with HeroCraft
encompasses "Herocraft" feel (no sci-fi packs)
stated as one of the rules. Sorry but I dont think your texture pack exactly counts DagothAgahnim. For example the HeroCraft Shield (Logo) would look cool on the Inventory board. (when you press the button to open your Inventory that screen if your confused), but I'm not saying your texture pack is bad, its just that its based off Games, not HeroCraft. I understand you changed some things to relate it to HeroCraft but it will still have that other game texture to it, which I kinda dis-like. But if it was just a normal texture pack based off those games you listed sure it would be great, but I dont think so for the contest.
Also, I did try out the texture pack some things looked good, but the Icons of items in my inventory looked so bland, and the Inventory Layout was all blank, needs some texture like I said above.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
Id be posting mine very soon, all that is left is to change moon/sun and I need to finish editing inventory/chests/furnace I started but not quite done .

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
It's not a bad idea, I may add some icons to the inventory GUI.

But as far as it not fitting, it really does.lol Herocraft has had heavy Final Fantasy influence from the beginning, and the rules don't state against themed texture packs, just silly ones that don't fit a medievalish feel, hence 'no sci-fi' in the rules.

As far as 'bland' looking items, that's the limitations of the 16bit era, and the items look like they should imo. Wood tools look less useful (since they are much less useful), Stone ones look moderate, etc etc. The items also retain the 16bit gaming feel to them, which I feel is important for the sense of nostalgia.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Dago, the download link doesn't work. Ya gotta go to the other link and click to download it from that site. The link you put for downloading just tries to download a 0 kb php file that doesn't actually download because it is nothing.

Valyou3

Legacy Supporter 2
DagothAgahnim, the Icons could be improved upon. I use 16x Texture Packs all the time, and they look clear.
Some things I do like about the texture pack. But some things could be improved, such as the inventory as I said before.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm my tools and swors are same as default but I changed colors and I changed the shape some like stone tools shape are same but dif color and iron tools are twice as big and dif color

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
Im done and i finished everything i made the diamond items fit the herocraft things like crystal katana, ax of doom etc.., it is medivalish themed and does not require mcpatcher unless for the custom lava and water (i suggest you do). Thanks for the support of people in game who gave me some ideas its completely updated to 1.7
[URL]http://www.mediafire.com/?aqop1pre3n1neqb[/URL]
2011-07-03_201003.png

2011-07-03_201009.png

2011-07-03_201246.png