• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Community Input: Potions

Who should be able to USE potions? (note this means USE not create - alchemist will create them)

• Total voters

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Potions will be created by Alchemist.

Who should be able to USE potions, all users? just specs or just the alchemist.

Thoughts?

zZHeroInSoup

Obsidian
rogues should be the only ones allowed to use poisons

Because i think its a great purpose for certain paths to be allowed to use
certain potions that can benefit at most of what they require

having everyone tossing different pots at each other seems very stupid and would

ruin the purpose of the use of skills

If alchemists were the only people allowed to use pots then everybody on the server

will choose to be one will dodge all the other proffessions. i think alchemist should be able

to brew, but not to use unless a certain pvp spec that allows them to use a certain type

of potion.

We can make it Potion Use at 55 - perhaps...

That would make level 55's even more desirable

Kainzo i totally think all the potions should be much weaker than the average potion

and potions should also have a 20 second cooldown

Gonna say alchemists on this one... Would be kinda unfair if potions could be made by everone while enchants only can be done by enchanters xP

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Gonna say alchemists on this one... Would be kinda unfair if potions could be made by everone while enchants only can be done by enchanters xP
Read the post - potion CREATION and USE are two different things. Alchemists will create - should others be able to USE them?

It's probably a reference from other games... :p

Read the post - potion CREATION and USE are two different things. Alchemists will create - should others be able to USE them?

Oh sorry, missread... Dx
And then of course other people should be able to use them. Alchemists wouldn't really be popular among towns if they could only make profit for them selves :/

having everyone tossing different pots at each other seems very stupid and would

ruin the purpose of the use of skills

Yeah, I agree with that... Would be really annoying if every PvP-battle would turn into competition of bottle-throwing :p

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Making it so alchemists could not sell their crafted items would be a bit odd, and could turn a lot of PvP fights into who has an alchemist with AoE potions....I'd say allow them to be sold and let the market overuse them.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I do agree with allowing everyone to use them, but is it possible to make it so an alchemist can benefit from the potion a bit more then someone who is not?

For example a mana potion grants you 25 mana points, but for an alchemist it grants them 30.

Understand I threw numbers out there, I am not even sure what the potions do to be honest.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think fights would come down to who has the most potions if everyone can use them. I say restrict them to only alchemist, other wise there's just gonna be a huge flood of potion users. If it's restricted I think it would make them a key player in any pvp encounter, however hey would be on the short end of the economy ladder which will be an issue to a fair number of players.

HollowSith

Diamond
I'm leaning towards "Just Alchemist". Potions if like on the test server, will be incredibly overpowered. I know you hear OP OP OP allll the time from players when they don't get their way and when their class or strategy isn't fending well against certain people/classes ect ect, but this honestly will be insane. On the test server Mr Pandaman could come into our town of full spec's and solo us for a good 10 minutes running around hacking away as a Dreaknight, not even bothering to dodge. If it is at least only on Alchemist, it will somewhat limit the amount of potions being spammed. The panda situation may still happen, but the reduced factor by just giving it to Alchemist is very appealing.

On a side note, I'm very excited regardless for potions. Since the playerbase is much more fearful of dying with the new Graveyard update, potions will be some peoples life line. It will through an interesting twist on the game that is for sure.

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it should just be for specs. If everyone (including non-specs) were able to use them, it may turn people away from speccing into something because they already have access to potions. In other words, potions can be an incentive to spec.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4

Wasn't the mindset that the levels were just supposed to roll in as you played? Adding too much emphasis on mastering a spec leads to even more grinding than we currently have.

I like the idea of making it spec-only, though. People are encouraged to reach that threshold and experience the meat and potatoes of Heroes, and it provides some limitation on their use.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Restricting it to only alchemists would just mean that alchemists would be the strongest combat spec. I vote for everyone. I'd much rather see 50 OP people attacking each other than 1 OP person raping 49 others.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Give me liberty potions or give me death!

(I think everyone should be able to use em) :p

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I think everyone, but at a certain level. Probably either Lvl. 30 Path or Lvl. 20-ish Path.

EDIT: Seeing how people are calling them OP, I'm unsure now. Maybe Specs, again at certain level.

Hmm... Wouldn't it be better if you only let some potions be unlocked at max level, like damage or healing potions, while the weaker potions could be unlocked earlier? Or maybe you could just nerf them :)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
If anyone can use them then alchemists need some more meat to them.

I voted for only alchemists, but I can see how that would unbalance things.

As long as alchemists gain something else that's unique I'm fine with everyone being able to use them.

However, I am against only specs. Paths are at a huge disadvtange already. I see no reason to make it harder for new players.