• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Combo Skills

How do you feel about combos?

• Good idea?

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Bad Idea? :(

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Ultanian

Portal
Just a small addition that would probably change combat drastically, yet I believe would incorporate more thought into strategy for fights. Overall, here's a summary of what Id like to see:

Using 2 or more skills in rapid succession alters the skills and changes damage/effects.

Here's two examples, which probably are a little OP....

Fireball and Fireblast: When Fireblast is used immediately after fireball, the blast effect happens where ever the fireball hits. Thus, we have a ranged knockback skill, with reduced damage.

Maim and Kick: After slowing and maiming the target, the user's kick knocks the target farther than normal, with a longer lasting stun. However, more stamina is drained than normal.

Please suggest your own combo skills in this format and feel free to comment your opinions, thanks for reading!

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
This ( Under the right conditions and with TONS of class balancing acts ) could be an awesome idea. I think this could be a great edition ( It would probably need enough coding to drive the Developers insane ) and would be good for the server. :D

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I would suggest using this mechanic for a few specific skills within each class, rather than the bread and butter kick and fireball suggestions in the OP.

The coding challenges and the complexity of the gameplay of combo moves means that skills should be effective as combos and solo-casts, and offer a unique feel (instead of "add a stun to Kick after Maim", think BloodUnion).

Ultanian

Portal
I would suggest using this mechanic for a few specific skills within each class, rather than the bread and butter kick and fireball suggestions in the OP.

The coding challenges and the complexity of the gameplay of combo moves means that skills should be effective as combos and solo-casts, and offer a unique feel (instead of "add a stun to Kick after Maim", think BloodUnion).
Yeah that would be good, with some difficulty in actually trying the combo.