• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Coding Team App: Pringle285

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
1. Minecraft IGN: Pringle285

2. Position applying for: Coding Team

3. Age: 17

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): GMT + 0:00, England

5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Around 4 years

6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Around 2 years and 5 months, since October 24th 2011.

7. What is your level of Java experience?: I have been learning java on and off for around the past 8 months. I am fairly confident when it comes to understanding and editing existing code. This includes adding and recreating existing sections of code and editing them to fit my intentions. When it comes to creating a large amount of code from scratch to create a program or something similar I currently have a hard time due to a lack of practice with this coding language. I have recently been looking into the creation of Bukkit plugins and this has sparked my interest in java again. I am currently still in the process of learning my way around the Bukkit API and feel that this would provide a great learning experience to further increase my java knowledge.

8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: N/A I have created a few basic plugins to date but have not published any of these to the public since most have been through following basic tutorials.

9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I see this opportunity as a great learning experience since this is the type of path that I wish to follow into later life. I am planning to go into a university course in computer science with game programming in around a year and a half time, and I would love to build up some prior experience in terms of programming in specific roles and possibly small teams. I am still currently learning about plugin creation but this is progressing relatively quickly due to a decent amount of prior java knowledge. I have enjoyed my time on Herocraft overall and would love to be able to help with further progression on the plugins used on the Herocraft server.