• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ClassNotFound

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Well, i'm not sure anyone in this particular forum, is gonna even bother looking at this post, much less helping me with it, but here goes.

I have been having an issue with my Java for 3 months now, however it had not bothered me much because I had not really been trying to play Java games. I am however, attempting to return to HeroCraft and this issue is proving quite an insurmountable wall. I load up minecraft, put in the mods, and start playing, however if I do anything that would cause my character to take fall damage, my java crashes, I take a sprinting jump of the Gazebo in Haven spawn, it crashes, it was quite irritating, so I attempted to re-install Java to no avail. I attempted to clear my java's cache, with no luck. I attempted to play several older java games, such as Area Flat, and I got this wonderful "ClassNotFoundException" that, no matter how I look it up on google, bing, whatever, I can't seem to find any decent solution. I eventually attempted to uninstall my browser, as well as my Java, then re-install both of them, however that failed too. I also tried loading up some games on the Internet Explorer, but that failed also. I'm at my wits end here, and hoped that one of you folks could throw me a helping hand.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Most likely your AV software interfered with your java install.

1. Uninstall java. Download offline java install package. Turn of anti virus. Install java using offline install packet.

2. Remove mods from folder and run Minecraft, checking for issues.

3. Reinstall 1 mod at a time checking for issues each time.

4. If one of the mods causes issues get rid of it.

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Thanks for the help, but apparently it was a virus that was causing it. I completely cleared my computer and restored it to factory settings, then the game worked fine for a day.

then I go to boot up the computer today, and start up minecraft, and hit play, then for some reason like 3 minecraft windows opened up. I thought that was weird and closed them all, and restarted minecraft. Then, all the colors got wonky, my skin became semi transparent, and the color turned red, the normally red lava was a sick green ooze, and everything else had either a grey tint, or a funny green tint. I tried clearing my java's cache, that did not work, so I tried re-installing java, that did not help either. I re-installed minecraft, and java, then started it up again, everything was going fine then 30 seconds into the game it totally went and did this -> an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. It's been doing that to me every time I log in now, I can't figure out how to fix it. I am using the same version, as well as the same mods as yesterday.

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
AVG, it's not the anti-virus, I've even tried removing my virus protection and re-installing minecraft, to no avail.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
the color thing might be a setting for minecraft because I think with the snooper settings you can get weird affects, and I have also had the problem where it said the connection was closed so I restarted my router and it worked fine for me

hope this helps

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
AVG, it's not the anti-virus, I've even tried removing my virus protection and re-installing minecraft, to no avail.
Download Windows essentials. Much better than AVG if your using freeware. Scan your mods for viruses and remove anything that is infected. Use Microsoft's Malicious software removal tool to check your entire system.

It is likely a java issue and not a Minecraft issue. The reason I mentioned turning off AV and using Java's offline install tool is that many AV programs can interfere with your java installation.

Minecraft requires java to function properly. If java is broken MC will be too. Also until you run MC without the mods you can't know if its MC, java, or an infected mod file

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
I know that minecraft runs on java. Also I am running Windows 8 which comes with Windows defender, which is "literatly" Windows Essentials. And your above fix did not work.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
@d3m0nc1ld Uninstall AVG, since it's an utterly bullshit antivirus, and get either Avira AntiVir or avast! Antivirus. Those are both good antivirus programs that I have been using when I used to have Windows Vista (not now anymore though, I have Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" on my laptop)...

If all else fails, I'd rather you check your video drivers... Or get Ubuntu and trash Windows *winks*...

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Lol, well I found my problem. Had a short in my Wireless adapter, I wound up having to move my PC into the living room where my deaf father seems to thing that turning his Soundbar, connected to his TV all the way up, and connecting directly to the router.