• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Captain Black Eye's Doubloon Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
V70EUuS.jpg
Captain Black Eye's Doubloon Hunt
V70EUuS.jpg

Ahoy me hearties! I be Captain Black Eye! My first matey, Mistyckle and I be sailin' the seas in this 'ere fine vessel, watching the lands of Aegis and High Sanctuarty. I plundered the treasures of the Souls of the old Heroes, but had buried me treasures around the land of Aegis. Being the buccaneer that I be, I can not 'er retrieve the booty meself, or I be walking the dreaded plank. The lass saw the souls in Aegis were bored and looking for adventure. She hoisted the Colors and set sail for Aegis to give them landlubbers a mission. I be offering rewards to those who track down me treasures and return them by any means. Be ye warned! I am renowned for protecting me booty with traps! Collect the motherload and I'll be rewarding you with the finest of me treasures. Be ye pirate or scallywag? Yo-ho-ho!

The Map & Book store is located at -19,75

Explanation:
  1. This event will last for a week starting on Monday the 1st of September and ending on the 8th of September
  2. Several times a day I will post the location of two chest shops in this thread and in-game
  3. The shops will sell both a map and a book
  4. The maps will lead you to the start location
  5. The books will contain instructions on how to find the cache from there.
  6. Caches may be trapped and can be hazardous to your health if you dig in the wrong location.
  7. I will be setting up collection times at 00:00, 12:00 & 17:00 CDT that will last for 30 minutes (there may be slight variations in these times due to my schedule)
  8. Collection locations will be announced at the time I appear
Rules:
  • The Team with the most point scored over the event will be classed the winners
  • Teams may score points by handing me Doubloons at the specified times
    • Each time you bank in your Doubloons, they will be added to your collective tally for the duration of the event.
    • Team scores will be displayed on this thread in the following post
  • Players are allowed to participate in teams of 1-3
    • Team names & members must be posted in this thread in order to participate.
    • You may only be a member of 1 team and may not change teams after the event begins.
      • Though new teams may enter after the event start date
  • You may kill players on Transition to me in order to loot their Doubloons
    • However you may not kill a player who is already trading with me when you arrive
Prizes:
  • Each Gold Doubloon handed in will yield the team 30s
  • First place prizes
    • 500s per member
    • Captain Black Eye's Tricorne in-game item
    • The [Buccaneer] title as well as the 2nd and 3rd place titles
  • Second place prizes
    • 300s per member
    • Pirate's booty in-game item
    • The [Scallywag] title as well as the 3rd place title
  • Third place prize
    • 150s per member
    • The [Landlubber] title
Special thanks to @Mistyckle for helping me plan this event.

[USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Team application format:
Team Name:

Member List:
  1. .
  2. .
  3. .

Teams:
  1. PandasAreBetterThanPenguins - 3
  2. Friends? - 2
  3. Wolves - 0
  4. Hospital Buddies - 0
  5. Groningen - 0
  6. The Joker - 0
  7. PandasAreBetterThanWeAre - 0
  8. BloodLust - 0
  9. Decent Entourage - 0
  10. Decent Company - 0
  11. _WhiteMis1970_ - 0
  12. The Abusement Park - 0
  13. Apex - 0
  14. warmbeenz - 0
  15. Prodigy - 0

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Team Name: Ashen Wolves

Member List:
  1. . @DuskWolfMC
  2. . @Gwiz221
  3. . @cookieboy27

Yay First Team! (Availability of us may change due to school and such.)
Well that's the great thing about this it's over an extended period of time so you don't need to be on all the time to participate. I'm going to try spreading it out as much as possible with my schedule for people all over

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
So this is an Aegis only event ?
Anyone can participate, but it is only hosted in Aegis. (Pirates are dangerous critters! ~ many were sad that there was a lack of pvp in pvp so this will hopefully give peeps the opportunity and purpose)
PVP event, so can't take place on PVE. (We has some ideas for PVEish stuffs, this is just the first one)
Like I said, anyone can participate!

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Anyone can participate, but it is only hosted in Aegis. (Pirates are dangerous critters! ~ many were sad that there was a lack of pvp in pvp so this will hopefully give peeps the opportunity and purpose)
Like I said, anyone can participate!

What will stop groups of PvPers camping the cache so no one else can get them ? (I'm guessing nothing)

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
What will stop groups of PvPers camping the cache so no one else can get them ? (I'm guessing nothing)
It changes each time, in the wilderness, so there is no way anyone will know. And it will require a map and instruction manual each time so that it will take some time to get there.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It changes each time, in the wilderness, so there is no way anyone will know. And it will require a map and instruction manual each time so that it will take some time to get there.
The instructions will also be cheap like 0.5s a piece

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Slight edit: I derped on the dates it's September not October so this coming Monday.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

Ahh so as soon as someone finds it another one pops up ?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ahh so as soon as someone finds it another one pops up ?
Not instantly but there will be 1 Gold Doubloon per cache and I'll release the location of various shops selling the Maps & Instruction Books through out the day.

I'll probably release about 6 Caches each day at various times to spread things out and try to give people of all timezones a good chance to get some. But of course I am only one man so I can't be awake all hours :p

The pick-up times are basically when I wake up, When I get home from work & just before I'm going to go to sleep

Ruger392

Obsidian
Team Name: PenguinsAreBetterThanPANDAS

1.Ruger392
2.Xerot
3.StrongHoldx

Last edited:

waz_oh

Dirt
Team Name: Groningen
Members:
1. waz_oh
2. YummyRicez
3. kotagrizzly

Some of us may not be on at all times due to work/other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.