• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff & Debuff skills

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will be introducing a new line of buff/debuff skills - they will affect attributes either positively or negatively. These skills will normally increase in duration unless the skill is supposed to be a set duration for use/balance.

NOTE: we have not decided on the name / reagents yet, so things arent set in stone.

Cleric: CON
  • Courage (lvl?) - increase constistution by 15 for 10 mins - reagent enderpearl
  • Blessing (lvl ?) - increase all stats by 5 for 5 mins
Disiciple: AGI
  • Alacrity (lvl ?) - increase agi by 15 for 10 mins - reagent fish
Druid: STR
  • BruteForce (lvl ?) - increase strength by 15 for 10 mins - reagent sapling
Bloodmage: INT/WIS
  • Enlightenment (lvl ?) - Intellect / Wisdom by 15 for 10mins
Shaman:
  • TOTEMS

Necromancer:
  • Weakness (lvl ?) - decrease str and agi by 15 for 5 mins - curable by cleanse/dispel skills - reagent zombie flesh
Beguiler: CHA
  • Splendor (lvl ?) - increase CHA by 10 for 10 mins - reagent goldbar
Paladin:
  • Valor (lvl ?) - increase STR and CONSTITUTION by 5 for 5 mins
Dreadknight:
  • SiphonStrength (lvl ?) - your target loses 5 str and you gain 5 str for 2 mins - reagent zombie flesh.
Ranger:
  • Aspect - increase your str by 5 and agi by 5 for 5 mins - reagent cookedpork

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks very nice. I haven't seen this before...
I can't confirm that I've tested some.
I can't confirm that they work very well.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Some of these are long duration buffs with no reagents. Essentially these classes will have free, permanently increased attributes.

DavidKkz

TNT
I like the buffs and that they can have a 'semi' long duration. Personally, I don't believe they are long enough.
I live around 3500m from Spawn. I'd have to spent 8-15 minutes running to spawn, get a buff, then run back and fight things. In that sense, my buff would have to last 8-15 minutes just for me to start combat.

This is how the buffs work on Star Wars Galaxies long long ago. Essentially they would buff people, the people would pay them, and they'd go off fighting with a 15m-3h buff. It was a paying job. Everyone went to them for combat purposes.

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Entertainer_buff

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the buffs and that they can have a 'semi' long duration. Personally, I don't believe they are long enough.

I think you are reading this wrong David, the buffs are spells cast by the mentioned class. You don't have to run anywhere to cast them.

As far as the spells, I love the idea of attribute effecting spells, definitely will need to be balanced and their actual function decided. For instance, are we going to go for higher casting cost of the buffs but no cooldown so they can be cast on several players quickly but at the cost of the casters mana pool, or are they going to be on a 2 minute cooldown with a lower casting cost so that you are only effecting one player?

EDIT: It would also be a good idea to make these spells effect mobs. As I am sure mobs don't use attributes, you can secondary these spells as damage reducers, health reducers, speed reducers.... :p Will be important when Herobosses comes out as well as dungeons.

How about the burst 10 second duration combat spells? Ex.
Vertigo (lvl ?) - decreases AGI by 25 for 10 sec

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
EDIT: It would also be a good idea to make these spells effect mobs. As I am sure mobs don't use attributes, you can secondary these spells as damage reducers, health reducers, speed reducers.... :p Will be important when Herobosses comes out as well as dungeons.
Indeed, mobs don't have attributes. For Shaman, I'm just doing some magic so it reduces the stat on players and slows mobs.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
might I ask that only one buff can be active on any one player at a time? if you stacked the buffs, classes like ninja with cleric, disciple, druid, paladin, and ranger's buffs would just dominate everything. actually, almost any class would... only mentioned ninja cus it was the first class that came to mind.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
might I ask that only one buff can be active on any one player at a time? if you stacked the buffs, classes like ninja with cleric, disciple, druid, paladin, and ranger's buffs would just dominate everything. actually, almost any class would... only mentioned ninja cus it was the first class that came to mind.
So long as the buffs are made to do that, it should be possible. They have to be made to explicitly do that, though, it won't just automagically happen.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Not exactly...I don't see a problem with multiple buffs on a single person. I'm guessing the CD on these skill will be long to match their duration. IF they are long enough that you would only be able to buff once person then it's fine. It would be a decision to stack all the buffs on one person or to round out the group. If the CD is short enough that multiple people could have the same buff, THEN there could be a problem.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah if you get a few friends to put their buff on you for a few minutes, that would be fine. But I agree with malik that the cooldown would have to be much longer than the duration.

It would be really neat if the buff transfered to the killer. So you could gain the enemies buffs if you kill them.