• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounties Draining Money

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4

• Remove coin loss from Bounty Target when bounty killed.
  • Make it so that when the Bounty Target kills the Bounty Hunter, it removes the /bounty accept (makes the Hunter pay the fee to accept again), and possibly make it so that the fee is paid to the Target (would be 6c for a 135c bounty).
These two changes are more realistic and actually provide the incentives we need. Too many people hide when they have a bounty placed, and these changes would encourage them to find allies or traps to help them defeat their bounty hunters and take their accept-bounty fees.

Share your thoughts on this down below.
v

macura

Diamond
This is pretty much the point of bounties. Why would i pay someone 150c to go kill someone once and possibly get their head.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
BeasttRecon, learn to speak.

This is actually an important change to consider. Bounties in lore/real life do not drain the target of money. The loss of your head works as enough of a disincentive to lose a bounty.

• Make it so that when the Bounty Target kills the Bounty Hunter, it removes the /bounty accept (makes the Hunter pay the fee to accept again), and possibly make it so that the fee is paid to the Target (would be 6c for a 135c bounty).
These two changes are more realistic and actually provide the incentives we need. Too many people hide when they have a bounty placed, and these changes would encourage them to find allies or traps to help them defeat their bounty hunters and take their accept-bounty fees.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Edited first part because people mad angry

Now we're talkin

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
The title may not be that clear, but this is what this is about. Say I have a 450c bounty on me, I get killed. I lose 225c (I think?). Why? I don't know! It's pointless and annoying :3 People can keep placing bounties on you and drain a lot of your money. Share your thoughts on this down below.
v
Bounties are supposed to ya. If it wouldn't hurt them then why would someone want to place one? If you don't want to lose money then buy a lot of gold (some players sell it for 9 c each.) and sell it later :)

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Bounties are supposed to ya. If it wouldn't hurt them then why would someone want to place one? If you don't want to lose money then buy a lot of gold (some players sell it for 9 c each.) and sell it later :)
You place/go to collect bounties for heads.. i've never even thought about the intention of making them lose coins.
'If you don't want to lose money then buy a lot of gold and sell it later' - Are you drunk? :confused:[DOUBLEPOST=1361229507,1361229252][/DOUBLEPOST]Edited Dsa's post into the main one..

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The target losing coin is news to me and it sure ain't in the Wiki. Will you please spell it out for me so I can include this info in the wiki? So how much coin does the target lose? Does it relate to the size of the bounty? And the successful bounty hunter gets the bounty plus the head, is this right? Thanks.

Lore-wise the bounty losing coin doesn't seem to make sense. Surely losing your head is the end of everything in the real world...? Maybe it's an Australian thing - we don't have much of a bounty-hunting culture here...

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The target losing coin is news to me and it sure ain't in the Wiki. Will you please spell it out for me so I can include this info in the wiki? So how much coin does the target lose? Does it relate to the size of the bounty? And the successful bounty hunter gets the bounty plus the head, is this right? Thanks.

Lore-wise the bounty losing coin doesn't seem to make sense. Surely losing your head is the end of everything in the real world...? Maybe it's an Australian thing - we don't have much of a bounty-hunting culture here...
The amount of money lost by the person killed does relate to the size of the bounty. They lose 1/2 of the coins that the bounty was placed for. For example, if the bounty was for 500c, you'd lose 250c, if it was for 750c, you'd lose 375c, and so on.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
losing half the coins is dumb and hardly fair to really anyone that has a bounty placed on them. especially when the bounty is only placed to ruin that person financially

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
You place/go to collect bounties for heads.. i've never even thought about the intention of making them lose coins.
'If you don't want to lose money then buy a lot of gold and sell it later' - Are you drunk? :confused:[DOUBLEPOST=1361229507,1361229252][/DOUBLEPOST]Edited Dsa's post into the main one..
Kainzo already said that the point of bounties is to punish the player. This punishment is through coin. I dont understand why you guys are complaining about this. It is complety avoidable by either giving all your money to a player you trust, buying gold, or even making locked chests.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo already said that the point of bounties is to punish the player. This punishment is through coin. I dont understand why you guys are complaining about this. It is complety avoidable by either giving all your money to a player you trust, buying gold, or even making locked chests.
GAY AS AIDS!

How is 'bounties to punish the player' fair at all?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
GAY AS AIDS!

How is 'bounties to punish the player' fair at all?
Wtf losing your head isn't really that much of a punishment is it? Half the coin isn't that much. You talk about big bounties but most bounties are under 500 c. 250 c isn't that much you can get it mining in less than 30 min.

Can we get your opinion Kainzo ?[DOUBLEPOST=1361303291,1361303201][/DOUBLEPOST]Who cares if it is fair? How bout we make everyone level 60 to make it fair?

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Wtf losing your head isn't really that much of a punishment is it? Half the coin isn't that much. You talk about big bounties but most bounties are under 500 c. 250 c isn't that much you can get it mining in less than 30 min.

Can we get your opinion Kainzo ?[DOUBLEPOST=1361303291,1361303201][/DOUBLEPOST]Who cares if it is fair? How bout we make everyone level 60 to make it fair?
Why would you do that? That's just plain stupid. The thing is WHY does it NEED to drain money from you? It's obviously plain annoying and no-one likes it. (Except maybe you)

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I vote we band together and place a bounty exactly twice as much as johnbaur's pool of money.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
how does making everyone level 60 make anything fair? anyone who wants to put in some hours will get to level 60, and being level 60 doesnt mean you can actually win a fight