• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage Rework Ideas

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Bloodmage

Keep in mind when reading this that all the numbers listed here are not and would not be final - they are here as a rough estimation for how it could possibly work.

Basic Information:
Type:Healer
Focus:Support/Damage
Base Equip Weight: 25
Weapon: Bone
Base Damage: 30
Max Damage: 55

Base Health: 775
Health Per Lvl: 0.75
Max Health: 1050

Base Stamina: 1000

Base Mana: 350
Mana Per Lvl:2
Max Mana: 825

Starting Attributes:
Strength: 3
Constitution: 4
Endurance: -3
Agility: -1
Intellect: 5
Wisdom: 2
Charisma: 0

Strengths:
An incredibly helpful class for teamfights, decent damage. Decent mobility
Weaknesses:
Skill needed to play the class, very mana reliant, low armour.

Bloodbonds:
All allies within 16 blocks heal for 12% of the damage you deal.
Skills:

Level 1
Clot
Every damaging ability you use on an enemy creates a stack of clot, increasing the damage of your abilities. Max 5 stacks of clot, some skills will take up clot. Upon reaching 5 stacks of clot, your next ability will deal 50 extra damage.

Level: 5
SiphonBlood
Mana: 75 Stamina: 100 Cooldown: 8 Warmup: 2 Reagent: None
Description: Over a period of 2 seconds, you siphon the blood of the targeted enemy, draining health as well as mana and stamina.
Deals 75 damage +(0.25) per point of intellect, as well as draining 250 stamina and 100 mana
This ability is channeled. As soon as it goes off on a target, you will be slowed for 2 seconds, while draining health per second and gaining mana and stamina after the channel.
+5 damage per clot stack.
Generates Clot

Level: 10
Boneshield -
Mana: 115 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 16 Warmup: 0 Reagent: 50 HP
Description: You create a shield of bones around you or your targeted ally, reducing damage taken by 40% for 4 seconds. After the 4 seconds are up, the shield will explode, and shrapnel will damage all nearby enemies for 75 +(1.5per point of intellect) damage.
Does not generate Clot

Level: 15
BoilBlood -
Mana: 130 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 14 Warmup: 2 Reagent: None
Description: After 2 seconds, all enemies within a 7 block range have their blood gradually heated up - after 10 seconds, their blood boils, dealing 100 damage + 25 per clot.
DOES NOT GENERATE CLOT, removes all Clot stacks

Level: 25
- Name is a WiP
Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 15 Warmup:1 Reagent: 100 HP
Description: You cut off circulation to your enemies body - slowing them for 1 second, then afterwords stunning them for 1 second.
Generates Clot

Level 32
Transplant-
Mana: 215 Stamina: Cooldown: 23 Warmup: 1 Reagent: 100 HP
Description: You pay your own blood to deal 175 damage to all nearby enemies, and heal all nearby allies for 100 hp (+2.5 per point of wisdom)
Generates Clot

Level: 40
Transfuse -
Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 1 Warmup: 1 Reagent: 95 HP
Description: You convert 95 HP into 100 mana
Does not generate Clot

Level: 49
BloodBurst -
Mana: 50 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 6 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: You shoot out a ball of blood (a ghast projectile) to deal 75 (+0.75 per point of intellect) damage to all targets surrounding the hit target. (A fireball that does AoE)
Generates Clot

Level: 56
Awaken -
Mana: 250 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 200 Warmup: 0 Reagent: 300HP
Description: You instantly bring back an ally from the dead - this ally spawns with a withering effect on them, and a curse which will kill them in 10 seconds. The ally has +15 of every attribute for the time it's alive.
Does not generate Clot

Level: 60
Drain -
Mana: 100 Stamina: Cooldown: 20 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Description: Your next autoattack will remove 15 constitution from your enemy for 15 seconds.

Level: 65
Bloodrush -
Mana: 350 Stamina: 500 Cooldown: 90 Warmup: 3 Reagent: 100 hp
Description: Your blood quickens and you gain an overload of energy, granting you speed II for 8 seconds. After the 8 seconds, you are slowed and granted nausea for 5 (minus the amount of Clot stacks you have) seconds.

These are my thoughts for Bloodmage. Please leave comments below regarding your opinions.

Thanks,
-Pew

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Level: 25
- Name is a WiP
Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 15 Warmup:1 Reagent: 100 HP
Description: You cut off circulation to your enemies body - slowing them for 1 second, then afterwords stunning them for 1 second.
Generates Clot
A stun is very strong, especially on a decent cooldown like 15s. Imo with all the other skills it has enough. I would either suggest a few possible options for this skill.
  • Get rid of the stun all together but give them slow 3 for 3 seconds
  • Keep it the way it is but reduce the stun to 0.5s
  • Keep it the way it is but make it cost clot-instead of gaining it
  • Increase the cooldown to 25s or more

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Shouldn't the cooldown for Transfuse be a lot less? Bloodmage runs out of mana very quickly at the moment. Or will SiphonBlood's mana gain alleviate the constant need for Transfuses?

MajDeath

Portal
Shouldn't the cooldown for Transfuse be a lot less? Bloodmage runs out of mana very quickly at the moment. Or will SiphonBlood's mana gain alleviate the constant need for Transfuses?
yeah, getting 1/10th of your mana every 25 seconds for 1/10th of your health doesn't seem that great, should stay the way it is if it were to stay.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
yeah, getting 1/10th of your mana every 25 seconds for 1/10th of your health doesn't seem that great, should stay the way it is if it were to stay.
Sorry, that should be different. I copied and pasted this thing from another rework i made and forgot to adjust some things. What should it be?
EDIT: Changed

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
What do you think about the rest of it? Self heals could easily be included, I just want to know how people feel about the general idea.
I'd love the idea of skills like BoneShield, Transplant, BloodBurst, etc. I also think using a bone would be awesome. I think some of the health reagents could be lowered (or removed), as it seems the user's own skills will do as much if not more damage than the enemy.

MajDeath

Portal
What do you think about the rest of it? Self heals could easily be included, I just want to know how people feel about the general idea.
I feel like making bloodbond a passive and giving is 50% effectiveness is a good idea, as an active it is just too greedy and means you can only use skills for a short period of time at the beginning of a fight. Some actual damage skills are nice, however like Babomba said, self healing needs attention.
Edit: I thoroughly enjoy the thought of dealing damage and giving worthwhile heals.

Last edited:

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel BloodRitual should be added in for your rework, unless you're going for more of a Mage-like class without heals (excluding SiphonBlood's life steal).