• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Best Class Abilities...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So, in an attempt to get better feedback, I want to know what you think are the two best abilities (and why if you have time) for each class / spec of Herocraft.

Cheers!

Paladin
  1. -
  2. -
Dreadknight
  1. -
  2. -
Samurai
  1. -
  2. -
Dragoon
  1. -
  2. -
Ninja
  1. -
  2. -
Ranger
  1. -
  2. -
Bard
  1. -
  2. -
Runeblade
  1. -
  2. -
Cleric
  1. -
  2. -
Disciple
  1. -
  2. -
Mystic
  1. -
  2. -
Bloodmage
  1. -
  2. -
Wizard
  1. -
  2. -
Pyromancer
  1. -
  2. -
Beguiler
  1. -
  2. -
Necromancer
  1. -
  2. -

Weikauno

Coder
Ranger:
1.)summonarrow
2.)track
these two skills are very useful
p.s.:wolf summoning would be nice if it is fixed to be how it is intended to be.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Ninja:
1.)Fade
2.)Eviscerate
Those two would last me ages in combat. I would put blackjack on the list, but these are really effective when used by someone experienced in this class.
Otherwise
Energize and blitz....

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
For cleric:
1. Pray - Its a good heal and its obtained at a fairly low lvl (1o isnt bad at all for 250 hp)
2. Might/Guardian Angel (Yes its a tie) Might allows a cleric to be just a bit more than a soley healing class/Guardian angel: Must i say more? Yes? Well whats not to like about 4.5 seconds of invulnerability for your entire party?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Wizard
1. Blink
2. GroupTeleport

Utility utility utility. I wanted to put port up here too, but well, just isn't enough space. The ability to bring your entire party to an inaccessible area is huuuuge. There just anything else that beats it.

Necromancer
1. Web
2. Poison

Ninja
1. Backstab
2. Envenom

Backstab is awesome. With the help of backstab, I am able to deal an insane amount of burst at the start of a fight. Every single click is a burst of damage unlike anything anyone has ever seen. Combine this with Envenom, I am able to achieve so many backstabs per second it's almost unreal. I've even been deemed a hacker on several occasions due to this. They just don't understand how much damage a Ninja can deal when he uses his abilities properly.

A Ninja can't always win a face to face confrontation, but if they get the jump on you, there is no survival. You're dead.

Ranger
1. Track
2. Ice Arrow

Tracking is the backbone of roaming world PVP right now. If you're looking for action, and you don't know where it is, you need a track. It allows you to skip the BS searching and head straight for your goal.

Ice arrow is the bread n' butter of the actual class combat. Without it, they cannot hope to even participate in a fight.

Dragoon
1. Jump
2. SuperJump

Dragoon can go anywhere and do anything with the help of these two abilities. It's what makes the class. What they lack in combat abilities, they gain in world traversing. They can use these advantages to actually gain the edge in combat, which is always really fun and rewarding.

I just couldn't see it being the same class without these two abilities.

Samurai
1. Windwalk
2. Disgrace

Windwalk is...amazing. It's no coincidence that the moment the class recieved this ability, a large number of Samurai's started popping up all over the server. It pushed them from a slightly above average skirmisher to the top pvping class holder. It gives them the ability to close the gap, but also gives them the ability to take advantage of their overbearing DoT effects.

While I personally think that it's the combination of Disgrace + Mortal Wound that brings the umph to the fight, disgrace is probably the more important of the two. This DoT lasts for freakin AGES, and ticks at a pretty fast speed. Samurai's are able to use this ability to gain more left clicks in every fight. Truly, their damage is only limited by how fast they can click due to the insane amount of DoT ticking that occurs on their target.

xRedDeadx

Glowing Redstone
Paladin
1. ShieldReflect
2. Recknoning

Dreadknight
1. Decay
2. Terror
And then Harmtouch

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm gonna have to disagree with the other samurai people here. I'd say the best skills for samurai are
1.Bladegrasp
2.Windwalk

Windwalk gives mobility to samurai that paladin and Dreadknight don't have. As for blade grasp, it's basically five seconds of invincibility from samurais, dragoons, ninjas, Runeblades, etc. Five seconds is a lot of time to deal damage for a samurai.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
So, in an attempt to get better feedback, I want to know what you think are the two best abilities (and why if you have time) for each class / spec of Herocraft.

Cheers!

My experience:

Paladin
  1. - Bash - interrupts those pesky spellcasters. I had a hard time choosing this over ShieldReflect, SoulFire, or Conviction for their utility. Unfortunately this speaks volumes about how overpowered spells are vs. 20% damage reduction on your entire party.
  2. - Reckoning - AoE silence/force pull. Very useful utility spell. Pray and Layhands are not viable skills all the time and are more situational for 1v1's than group combat, and require too much mana so I did not choose either of them.
For the rest of these I will simply state the most used/op skills I've seen or feel like listing.
Dreadknight
  1. - Harmtouch.
  2. - Their life steal spell.. drain life? dark touch? sexy touch? i dont fucking remember, lol.
Samurai
  1. - Inversion.
  2. - One.
Dragoon
  1. - Jump.
  2. - Cleave/Impale. Various reasons.
Ninja
  1. - Fade. (or the skill that lets them move while completely invisible. Annoying for combat logging)
  2. - Backflip.
Ranger
  1. - Track.
  2. - Track.
Bard
  1. - the aoe speed skill.
  2. - the aoe melee-only-damage-increasing skill.
Runeblade
  1. - those pesky proc skills that hit too hard or not enough for being RNG.
  2. - what he said ^
Cleric
  1. - GroupHeal.
  2. - Revive.
Disciple
  1. - ForcePush.
  2. - ForcePull.
Mystic
  1. - I haven't fought many mystics.
  2. - They have smite right?
Bloodmage
  1. - I don't even think I've seen one the entire map.
  2. - Their dot skills look good on paper, but the durations are too long and they have no maneuverability compared to the most played classes; samurai, ninja, wizard, dragoon, etc. with movement increasing skills.
Wizard
  1. - Fireblast.
  2. - Blink.
Pyromancer
  1. - huge bursty skills like wizards.
  2. - lack manueverability, not sure where this class fits in, but it is strong.
Beguiler
  1. - MassPiggify.
  2. - And my personal favorite, Plaguebomb! ((Thank you Danielcan!))
Necromancer
  1. - HellGate.
  2. - Random AOE spells that got removed or nerfed. Not sure. Don't fight many Necro's/

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Bard
1. Melodic Binding
2. Accelerando

Don't take this the wrong way, all Bard skills are useful, these just seem to be in the best in my opinion.
Melodic Binding: It is extremely useful because its an AoE slow that allows you to beat down your enemy while they try to fight back/run away.

Accelerando: The greatest initation in any team fight, allowing you to charge at your enemy in a matter of seconds giving them also no time to relax, also using it with Healing Chorus is a very good way to escape from a fight or completely deplete your stamina, it's a risk.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I'm gonna have to disagree with the other samurai people here. I'd say the best skills for samurai are
1.Bladegrasp
2.Windwalk

Windwalk gives mobility to samurai that paladin and Dreadknight don't have. As for blade grasp, it's basically five seconds of invincibility from samurais, dragoons, ninjas, Runeblades, etc. Five seconds is a lot of time to deal damage for a samurai.

Samurai Vs Paladin.
Samurai uses Bladegrasp

this is my immediate response to that, (regardless if C. even works.):
A. DivineStun. (warm up time, but not a problem if I take a few steps back right before hitting the button.)
B. Invuln. (better than your invincibility, since you're still on fire from soulfire procs.)
C. Disarm. (I'm not touching you! WHY ARE YOU NOT TOUCHING ME?)

hahaha. ;)

Oh, not that I was arguing their actual usefulness, just pointing this out since you called out paladin and deathknight. In reality, bladegrasp and windwalk are probably badass for pvping other classes. I have yet to lose to a samurai, even a 60 samurai, since I hit level 45+ paladin in coliseum.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Bard
1. Melodic Binding
2. Accelerando

Don't take this the wrong way, all Bard skills are useful, these just seem to be in the best in my opinion.
Melodic Binding: It is extremely useful because its an AoE slow that allows you to beat down your enemy while they try to fight back/run away.

Accelerando: The greatest initation in any team fight, allowing you to charge at your enemy in a matter of seconds giving them also no time to relax, also using it with Healing Chorus is a very good way to escape from a fight or completely deplete your stamina, it's a risk.

Makes the difference between a good bard and a bad bard. Good post!