• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Balance Post

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I am posting this in suggestions and not the balance area so the whole public can have there voices can be heard.

Rogue

Ninja- I can see three ways to fix ninja without requiring any extra coding.

• 1. Lower Ninja's damage on the sword from 58 -> 54 and re add blackjack.
  • 2. Increase its base health from 560 -> 585 and increase its base armour weight from 30 to 35.
  • Add in skill grievous wound (30 +1str) Give it a slow II or III for a duration of 3 seconds
  • The other option is a rework with the ideas from TrueCorruptor which is located in the balance area.
Ranger-
  • Decrease base armour weight down to 30.
  • Base health from 630-> 600.
  • Reduce melee axe damage from 64 -> 54
Warrior

Berserker-

• Maim cooldown increased from 8 seconds -> 10 seconds.
  • Whirlwind cooldown increased from 15 seconds -> 17 seconds.
  • Undyingwill cooldown increased from 35 seconds -> 45 seconds.
Dragoon-
  • Bring super jump back on a 5 minute cooldown.
Caster

Pyromancer-

• Increase chaosorb ranged by 2.
Beguiler-
  • Increase mana regen from 15 -> 16.
  • Chaoticvisions mana cost decreased from 150 -> 140.
  • Continue more testing on plague bomb which includes recoding it and bring it back on a scaling of 110 + 2.5 intellect points.
Shaman-
  • Decrease all totem cooldowns by 5 seconds.
  • Shocking strike becomes armour piercing and give it a one second warmup.
  • Increase windgale cooldown from 15 sec -> 17 sec.
Healers

Druid-

• Decrease ire scaling from 1.75 to 1.5. (maybe)
  • Increase sooth cooldown by 1 second.
Disciple- @w0nd3rb0yck let me know on your thoughts.
  • Decrease meditate cooldown from 90 sec -> 75 sec. Increase mana give from 50% -> 60%
  • Increase base armour by 2.5.
  • Remove self healing reduction on chakra.
Okay so I have spent some time putting this together, please give me your thoughts.

@Kainzo I would love to see these changes happen if people agree to them.

Last edited:

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
For Berserker, I would say to have:
  • Reduce base melee damage by 4 at all types
  • Have a cap on Rupture's wound dmg
  • Increase CD of Maim from 6 seconds to 8 seconds
  • Maybe instead of Bladegrasp as a 15 minute cool down, Undyingwill can be the "Ultimate" and be 15 minutes CD. While Bladegrasp would have a cool down of 3-5 minutes.
Although Cleric isn't in this list, I would say to:
  • Remove Wrath and add back GuardianAngel
I don't know why Cleric really needed another damage skill. I guess to make it level easier, but it can already level pretty easy with HolyWater and HolyAura(against zombies/skeletons) and has good heals to sustain itself.

For Disciple, instead of removing self-healing on chakra, I would say to increase the mana gained from Meditate from 50% to 65%

For Beguiler:

• Clarity: Make it so at maybe <20% Mana, your mana regeneration increases the lower mana you have. I'll let Balance Team decide the numbers for this.

For Shaman:
  • Decrease all totem mana costs from 200 to 180
  • Make Shocking Strike deal as magic damage with a warmup of 1 second.
  • Windgale CD from 15 to 18
For Ranger:
  • Reduce base melee axe damage from 64 to 52
  • Decrease base armor weight to 30.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Druid-

• Decrease ire scaling from 1.75 to 1.5.
@Kainzo I would love to see these changes happen if people agree to them.
I've played Druid for a while now, and I don't think the problem with Druid is its damage, it just has an insane kite ability and great self heals. I think increasing the Cooldown on soothe by a second or two and nerfing the self heal on healingbloom would be enough.

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
It seems like ranger is being degraded is there any positive changes to ranger?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like with all these kind of posts and no response it seems like Kainzo dosnt even care

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like with all these kind of posts and no response it seems like Kainzo dosnt even care
I'm not saying i agree with this, but on this topic its funny because recent threads there is this thread then right below it an archage thread, and guess which kainzo just replied to :p

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There's been 3 threads on balance and I've read each one. There's a reason why massive changes arent rolling in yet.

We aren't rolling back all the changes we've already made and agreed upon in the balance forum.

Wrath will not be removed from cleric in favor of GuardianAngel.
Superjump is a complete bypass of content and thus it was removed.

The biggest changes coming in is having endurance handle armor equipment weight. We'll need to adjust all the classes again for that.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
It seems like ranger is being degraded is there any positive changes to ranger?
You haven't fought a ranger have you? Or Atleast a decent one that can hit 3/10 shots and still kill you.

IMO for ranger to be balanced punch needs to be removed, and either it's auto attack dmg lowered massively or many of the skills nerfed/taken out. It has infinite kiting especially when they have punch bows that shoot you back 20 blocks each time you get somewhat close and dmg above every other class.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
There's been 3 threads on balance and I've read each one.

We aren't rolling back all the changes we've already made and agreed upon in the balance forum.
I hope I'm not coming off as rude, but I don't think anyone really agreed upon most of the changes. Who agreed to the disc nerf on armor? Who agreed to the buffs on berserker? I've been testing all of these classes in game and on visions and some of these changes need to happen.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
You haven't fought a ranger have you? Or Atleast a decent one that can hit 3/10 shots and still kill you.

IMO for ranger to be balanced punch needs to be removed, and either it's auto attack dmg lowered massively or many of the skills nerfed/taken out. It has infinite kiting especially when they have punch bows that shoot you back 20 blocks each time you get somewhat close and dmg above every other class.
I honestly think ranger needs to be split into two classes, one based on stealth and mostly physical damage, and the other with more elemental damage

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I honestly think ranger needs to be split into two classes, one based on stealth and mostly physical damage, and the other with more elemental damage
And this brings me to my idea (soz Irish if using your post like this offends you). Why not make more class progression(i.e. increase the max level or make a way for classes to evolve into other, possibly better classes) rather than making more classes or improving the current ones (if these ones need better/worse specs or skills, that should determine how high up they should be in the progression line-up).

Ruger392

Obsidian
Why dont we make tank classes high in defense and low in dmg. :)
Then we attacking classes high in dmg but low in defense with one to no heals.
Lets then *shocker* make healing classes have nice healing skills but low attacking damage
Then with rouge classes make those have decent attacking dmg with low defense stats and should really be the most mobile class *Cough* PALADiN

But in all seriousness is it really this hard to balance out these classes? Just tweak and take out moves that put other opponents at being at an immediate disadvantage that you cant recover from.

HerpDerp24

Coal
Why dont we make tank classes high in defense and low in dmg. :)
Then we attacking classes high in dmg but low in defense with one to no heals.
Lets then *shocker* make healing classes have nice healing skills but low attacking damage
Then with rouge classes make those have decent attacking dmg with low defense stats and should really be the most mobile class *Cough* PALADiN

But in all seriousness is it really this hard to balance out these classes? Just tweak and take out moves that put other opponents at being at an immediate disadvantage that you cant recover from.
That's kinda what is being debated atm, only most of what you stated has already happened.

MrFly007

Portal
I hope I'm not coming off as rude, but I don't think anyone really agreed upon most of the changes. Who agreed to the disc nerf on armor? Who agreed to the buffs on berserker? I've been testing all of these classes in game and on visions and some of these changes need to happen.
Mailk agreed to the berk buffs, imo we should buff it more, it's not like its a op class or anything