• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Axe Durability when fighting

Billcoop13

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe, axes are quite low on uses. axes require 3 diamonds to create, swords need 2. so for an extra diamond, you get half the uses! "it's a bargain" says the salesman. I would like to see axes have an increase in durability like armor was. Out of all the tools I repair as a smith, axes are the most common.
-Bill

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
As a bit of a trade-off, repairing an axe is more economical than repairing a sword, when looking at the cost of making the item. (1 diamond to repair a 3 diamond item vs 1 diamond to repair a 2 diamond item)

spiralz

Obsidian
But swords can also get unbreaking...so there is still a problem.

Yeah I very much dislike how axes and swords are not equal. I would be extremely happy to have a fire aspect and unbreaking III diamond axe as a Pyromancer.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
As a bit of a trade-off, repairing an axe is more economical than repairing a sword, when looking at the cost of making the item. (1 diamond to repair a 3 diamond item vs 1 diamond to repair a 2 diamond item)
u do know that axes and swords have the same durability, but axes take 2 durability damage when hitting players/mobs. so when u put in that extra diamond, u get only half the total use out of it. quite wasteful of resources and sucks when u have to get a new axe every 45 mins or less, compared to sword's hour and a half.

EDIT: one thing i might add: all the rare drop axes are gold. although gold does more damage, keep in mind the durability reduction on axes, 33 uses default, u get 17 total hits out of it. I know they have unbreaking, but still, why?

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I have that problem with shovels, and continually face the issue of whether or not to make a new shovel or repair the one I'm using. Non-sword tools need double durability or something to make them equal with swords

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I have that problem with shovels, and continually face the issue of whether or not to make a new shovel or repair the one I'm using. Non-sword tools need double durability or something to make them equal with swords
Shovels have a lesser problem since they only require one diamond. Yes they break quicker, but they cost less to make.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
diamond tools have a durability of 1562 uses. so if the sword is a standard with 1562 uses per 2 diamonds, that'd make each diamond worth 781 hits, which is what a shovel gets with 1 diamond as malik said. for axes, it'd get 2343 hits on a mob if using the per diamond idea, but as we all are prolly thinking, that'd be a little high for a tool, maybe 2000 would suffice? better than 3 diamonds for 781 hits...
it'd still go down in normal axe durability for use on wood and whatnot. this would also make sense lore-wise. hitting a tough tree, or hitting soft flesh and cracking bone, which would dull it more?

Moralsk

Gold
Aye shovels cost half as much so it's not big deal. Axe costs more for half the use. Plus our legendary weapons all break in two seconds.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I believe, axes are quite low on uses. axes require 3 diamonds to create, swords need 2. so for an extra diamond, you get half the uses! "it's a bargain" says the salesman. I would like to see axes have an increase in durability like armor was. Out of all the tools I repair as a smith, axes are the most common.
-Bill
Not possible atm to increase durability per-item or tier. When and if this is possible we'll add it.

Moralsk

Gold
Not possible atm to increase durability per-item or tier. When and if this is possible we'll add it.

There's still the problem with all the legendary axes being gold though. Seriously, I've had people offer to sell me greataxes of slaughter but I always turn them down because one of them doesn't even last a single fight. Why would I pay 200s for something that breaks in less than a minute?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
This may be a dumb idea, but bear with me. Could you make it so that on hitting a player (or a percentage of times it hits a player) it repairs itself x durability? Could that effectively negate the durability difference? If it works then it could be a workaround. I don't know if this would affect unbreaking axes though.

Moralsk

Gold
@Kainzo

I think this is a possible temporary solution that should be considered.

Instead of worrying about making axes tougher, how about adding a recipe for a "battleaxe" that costs less ore? (Don't tell me this isn't possible, because I know it is)

Battleaxe Recipe - Axe head and two sticks.
Axehead recipe - A stick, and one ore beside it.

Make battleaxes combat only however.

This sounds pretty fair to me honestly. It's not fair that classes using axes are getting 3 times less use per ore.

Sword use per ore = (1500/1)/2 = 750
Axe use per ore = (1500/2)/3 = 250 <------ Just flat out unfair in my opinion
Spade use per ore = (1500/2)/1 = 750 <- This is why I don't feel bad for dragoons. They get same use per ore.
"Battleaxe" use per ore = (1500/2)/1 = 750 <- Same use per ore as swords and spades

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
^ that would work for making it an equal number of hits per piece of ore, but you could surely do it without adding in the extra step of crafting an axehead then using it to make the axe. Something like this:

2qjGStU.jpg

But of course that doesn't fix the issue with using normal axes for combat.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Axes aren't exactly regarded for their higher cost lore wise. Why even differentiate a "Battle Axe" aside from maybe some item Lore?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Axes aren't exactly regarded for their higher cost lore wise. Why even differentiate a "Battle Axe" aside from maybe some item Lore?
The funny thing is, lore wise, axes where than swords...

Last edited:

Moralsk

Gold

The whole point to differentiate battleaxe from regular axe was so so that you could have one for combat only. That way axes still have the same cost when you use them as tools.

TonyDaChivalrous

Legacy Supporter 1
@Admins @Kainzo cant you just make it to where the lore drops get unb 10 and then when a smith makes an axe its automatically get some form of unb enchant just so it can be equivalent to the other tools?? just an idea for a quick fix till ya'll find something better